Should Ana get an infinite clip size?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Jeezus, a larger clip size? So you're going to promote spam shooting? Her sleep ability is way too long as it is...

She can use her grenade on herself, which is more healing than anyone other than Lucio can do.

Zeny has his shield, which recharges, but his HP doesn't.
And Mercy Passively Heals herself via healing others.

The difference here is that Ana has to blow a cooldown for selfheal while the others don't. Also Mercy heals herself after she didn't get hit for a few seconds. Healing others has nothing to do with it.

This is the primary reason she is an off-healer and not a primary healer. She needs a form of sustain beyond just her grenade, so having a second healer is her means of sustain. I don't mind if they adjust her ammo, but the rest of her kit (aside maybe her ultimate which is a subject in and of itself) needs to remain the same.

She can use her grenade on herself, which is more healing than anyone other than Lucio can do.

Zeny has his shield, which recharges, but his HP doesn't.
And Mercy Passively Heals herself via healing others.

The difference here is that Ana has to blow a cooldown for selfheal while the others don't. Also Mercy heals herself after she didn't get hit for a few seconds. Healing others has nothing to do with it.

Yet again, here's where it boils down to her BEING A 3 STAR HERO. If she has to blow the CD on herself, than she CAN.

Lucio has to blow a CD if he's being attacked in order to heal himself back up to full. So it's the same deal, sure he can do it passively with his Healing Beat, but it's not enough to take on DPS solo.

Mercy's healing isn't comparative either, because as I said with Lucio- Yeah it's there, but it's not like she's any sort of DPS- So it doesn't matter, she's rarely going to take DPS out in a solo battle.

Zeny is and has been the squishiest healer. As I said his Shield Regens, but his HP doesn't.

All the things that are being said about Ana are moot points.
Just took a look through Masteroverwatch and the highest rank for people supporting giving Ana infinite ammo is 50, most are mid 40s and half don't even play ranked.

I'll give you some advice, Ana is a payload map healer for offense. She combos great with tanks like D.Va and Reinhardt, use your grenade on them. Some even better advice: If you can't aim and you can't manage your ammo then don't pick the 3 star difficulty hero.

And finally... when is Ana's player icon going to show up on the forums?
She does have a requirement to reload, which is a penalty that other healers don't have to deal with. However, she has other things about her kit that she does better than other healers, such as better burst healing with her Biotic Grenade and the ability to heal from extreme ranges.

Comparing single elements of any particular heroes isn't the best way to gauge their effectiveness against each other. The idea is that every hero has various strengths and weakness to contend with.

That said she is showing to be a little on the weaker side overall so she will be getting a some love soon.
-Given splash dmg etc. It is pretty rare that during a skirmish a target that is with the group will be affected for the full duration and not get hit for some reason. If people intend to or not.

-That would be 2 long cooldowns for 1 target. Might be a bit of a overkill.

- She can't get headshots.

I am not saying she is not viable. I am just fact checking here.

@Dibullba
I agree. There is only 1 change I'd do to her sleep dart though. If the target gets pulled out of sleep prior to the full duration, their abilities will be on cooldown for 2 seconds / if the abilities are already on cooldown it would be extended.

Let's say a target gets woken up instantly after the sleep dart hits. The full 2 seconds of cooldown/cooldown extension would be in affect. The longer the target is asleep less of a cooldown extension will be applied. If the target sleeps for the full duration cooldowns won't be touched.

I just think an additional effect for the sleep dart would be good because given all the splash dmg that is available it is way too easy to accidentally awake sleeping targets.

Overall I really like Ana and think she is really good minus a few tweaks here and there.
While clips size wouldn't hurt, I personally would rather her heal/damage be a little bit better.

For healing that you actually have to aim, it feels very weak output wise compared to the other healers. This is not to mention problems with your allies accidentally blocking your heals/damage.

The grenade burst healing can work well but only up close. Ana by design wants to keep a distance, but using the healing grenade from a distance is difficult land, not to mention the delay before it hits. It kind of creates a scenario where she can't always utilize her burst healing option either due to her ally dying before she can set it up, line of sight or her ally being higher up than her making it hard to land.

It would be nice if she could climb small walls, like half of what Genji/Hanzo can do, so that she can get access to some building tops and stand on small box/etc to give her extra height. Extra vertical access would be a big help to her tool kit imo.

I don't think she is that underpowered, but she feels really underwhelming except for nano boost which feels OP on some characters. Just my input.
Does ana use a stripper clip to feed an internal magazine on the rifle, or is it a detachable magazine?

Seeing the word "clip" used in such a manner as this thread is awfully triggering.
07/26/2016 10:27 AMPosted by Geoff Goodman
She does have a requirement to reload, which is a penalty that other healers don't have to deal with. However, she has other things about her kit that she does better than other healers, such as better burst healing with her Biotic Grenade and the ability to heal from extreme ranges.

Comparing single elements of any particular heroes isn't the best way to gauge their effectiveness against each other. The idea is that every hero has various strengths and weakness to contend with.

That said she is showing to be a little on the weaker side overall so she will be getting a some love soon.

As long as you do something to take care of her obscenely long heal, I'm fine if you give her more Ammo, to me she's not weak- The players playing her are just constantly giving poor examples as to why they feel she needs to be buffed.

I'm not a sniper, or good at it by any means, ergo why I don't play her.

-Given splash dmg etc. It is pretty rare that during a skirmish a target that is with the group will be affected for the full duration and not get hit for some reason. If people intend to or not.

For the full duration or not, it's a stun that will most likely kill anyone caught in it in the middle of a skirmish, regardless of which character they are.

-That would be 2 long cooldowns for 1 target. Might be a bit of a overkill.

A target that is supposed to be able to kill and put out damage compared to a support character?

- She can't get headshots.

I was wrong, I apologize.

I am not saying she is not viable. I am just fact checking here.

@Dibullba
I agree. There is only 1 change I'd do to her sleep dart though. If the target gets pulled out of sleep prior to the full duration, their abilities will be on cooldown for 2 seconds / if the abilities are already on cooldown it would be extended.

Let's say a target gets woken up instantly after the sleep dart hits. The full 2 seconds of cooldown/cooldown extension would be in affect. The longer the target is asleep less of a cooldown extension will be applied. If the target sleeps for the full duration cooldowns won't be touched.

I just think an additional effect for the sleep dart would be good because given all the splash dmg that is available it is way too easy to accidentally awake sleeping targets.

Overall I really like Ana and think she is really good minus a few tweaks here and there.

Bold is my Response to your points.

I would rather have the "Sleep Dart" be unable to wake someone up, than have the CD effect or the it being extended.

Please don`t make second MaCree... Nobody can even play Ana yet (AND WITH HER). Wait a month...

Edit: Its like Zarya on relase. Most of the players thought she is underpovered...
Hi Blizz

My biggest problem with Ana is having no way to get elevated position efficiently, so I'm stuck shooting my backmost team mates or walking right in the middle of the battle to get an offensive shot or to heal the tank.

This seems to run opposite of her intended playstyle. Was wondering if you guys were fooling with any quality of life changes in order to make her distant targeting healing more possible.
A few issues I have come up with:

1. Having different sensitivity settings and then going from zoom to sleep dart = the aim will never be accurate. You are tracking in zoom, use dart, then it switches to the faster sensitivity causing you to over shoot due to the delay from the shot activation.

2. The delay on her no scope shot makes it REALLY hard to hit teammates that are fast moving, even with the heal dart has a bigger radius. I don't mind the delay with shooting enemies, but the healing part is kind of a pain.

3. The notification that the no scope hit someone is virtually not noticeable. Sometimes I have no idea if I hit someone or healed someone.

4. The grenade just feels weird. Sometimes I toss it and I see the tiny explosion hit someone, friend or foe, but nothing happens. I dunno if it is because I suck at aiming it or the visual queue is wrong, but I think I have only ever long rang landed it 2 times out of maybe 30+ throws.

5. Being a ground sniper with no way of gaining ground sucks. Or allow her to float down to the ground from a height similar to mercy. So at least if you do get high, you can do something cool. I honestly have no idea what to do to fix it though.

6. This one is me just bickering: Trying to actually do damage and shoot, but then a teammate runs in front of you and eats the shot to become a heal :(
Do you know something like stairs exists on the maps?

I am happy you guys are recognizing that Ana needs buffs, but let's make sure not to make any drastic changes like doubling her dps/hps or something.
IMO Ana should have two types of ammunition:

Button 1 - healing ammunition
Button 2 - poison damage ammo

If you change ammo reloads the weapon, 8 darts in poison damage ammunition, 12 darts in healing ammunition. Damage darts will go through allies, healing darts will go through enemies. This increases the potential heal, but don't affect the offensive power.

I'm sorry for my English, but this is my idea to perfect Ana....
@Mokiki
I like how her dart is now, though they could make it to where being awaken from sleep early gives them a short delay on being able to perform any action. Just something appropriate and not hard as the point to Ana's sleep dart is to promote coordinated play. In majority cases though you usually use sleep dart to shut down an ultimate or deal with a player flanking you. High skill with sleep dart would be keeping a specific enemy out of a team battle which again requires coordination with team. So rewarding team play feels right.
A nice change would be to remove the delay on firing after scoping in that happens sometimes.

Repro:
Fire an unscoped shot
Immediately scope in and hold mouse1 to fire as quickly as possible

The time between shots in this case is longer (or certainly feels longer) than if you were to just hold mouse1 while staying scoped or unscoped. Perhaps it's intentional as a way to make quickscoping a little worse but it feels really awkward.
Healing wise I feel like a big problem she has is her shots getting bodyblocked by allies who don't need it. Snipe healing a tank as someone walks near your crosshair and absorbs the shot even if they're at full health. This goes for damage too but isn't as pirmary of a concern. I think allowing her shots the ability to pierce allies for 50% healing, or pierce full hp targets would be a nice quality of life change without being a massive buff. Although grenade->LMB spam with piercing shots while your team is getting zarya ult'd would be almost as good as pre-buff zenyatta ult.