8/2 - DDoS Event & Disconnects/Latency

Technical Support
1 2 3 38 Next
Hey all,

We are currently aware of a DDoS attack that is currently affecting stability across all games. Our network engineers are working on addressing the issue and resolving the attack as quickly as possible.

At this time, no additional information is needed from players but I wanted to get a thread spun up for discussion while we work to resolve this. I'll be using this thread to provide updates as well.

Thanks for hanging in there while we deal with this attack!
Highly Rated
got to play half a round of lucioball then got dc'd. it was fun while it lasted!
Highly Rated
Lizard Squad scumbags
Is the attack against blizzard servers or internet service providers like battle.net alert says?
08/02/2016 05:14 PMPosted by Pinacoladas
Lizard Squad scumbags

I didn't know they still existed....very sad
will this make it so you cant connect to battle.net at all? It wont connect my account so I cant play any games. This has never happened before.
It's hilarious how Poodlecorp failed PGO and decide to just take Blizzard
the small white dog corporation, not to shouout their name, might be the ones behind the attack
08/02/2016 05:16 PMPosted by Snorlax
Lizard Squad scumbags

They go under a different name now.
Highly Rated
Its them kiddies getting butthurt over being banned on Overwatch.
Lizard Squad scumbags

They don't anymore, now they are called Poodle Corp. They even have a twitter feed.
Highly Rated
LOL so I guess the salty cheaters from the recent ban waves got their revenge?
Highly Rated
Hopefully doesn't continue for too much longer, really hate that there are people that see this as something that's worth doing.
Actually it wasn't Lizard Squad but rather a group called PoodleCorp. They claimed the attack on their twitter.
A couple of questions. I was in comp and got booted off. Do I lose Skill Rating because of this and get a leave penalty? Also, how does someone DDoS an ISP and only take down my access to Battle.net / Blizzard games?Are they target the connection between my ISP and B.net and flooding that connection alone with packets? And if so, how are they able to target an entire/multiple ISPs like that?
08/02/2016 05:12 PMPosted by Glaxigrav
Hey all,

We are currently aware of a DDoS attack that is currently affecting stability across all games. Our network engineers are working on addressing the issue and resolving the attack as quickly as possible.

At this time, no additional information is needed from players but I wanted to get a thread spun up for discussion while we work to resolve this. I'll be using this thread to provide updates as well.

Thanks for hanging in there while we deal with this attack!

Have they tried disabling their addons and clearing their cache? Isn't that your typical copy/paste response?
Lizard Squad scumbags

Yeah pretty sure its some other people now though with some of them included
It sucks!!wouldn't load till now!couldn't even open my loot :( .