Genji reflect is broken, fix it PLEASE

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10
Wow that reflect
The radius on it is insane.

Sometimes I play WM, and the Genji uses deflect early or whatever. I see him deflecting, so I decide to shoot someone like 6 feet to his right, and bam, headshot myself. I wasn't even aiming at him or anywhere near him lol.
I'll be honest, as someone who generally performs okay with Genji I'm fine with all the other nerfs except for the mobility one, but when I witness the range of deflect I can't help but wonder why they decided to make it so large. I feel like the ability was designed to be used offensively towards specific heroes.

i.e) Genji is obviously supposed to be a counter to Bastion, but Bastion's guns have spread. He is supposed to do enough damage to effectively instantly kill himself if he shoots at a deflecting Genji even at range. If Genji captures the spread by his deflect hitbox having a larger spread than himself, it further's his ability to counter specific heroes like this: or ones like Reaper/Roadhog (ulting especially)

I think one way to solve this problem would be to indeed shrink his reflect hitbox, absolutely. However, if he isn't capturing the spread it has less of an opportunity to counter or kill certain heroes that it should: so to counter this effect maybe it should amplify reflected damage?

If McCree has the foresight to throw a flashbang at a wall or the ground he can still do that because it won't be caught by the deflect, and it'll stun him since his reflect box would be shorter. Widowmakers who decided to shoot at someone near him would not be punished for doing so, (Hanzo still might because of his Cargo Ship bow) McCree is supposed to be a counter to mobile heroes like Genji and there are all of the other counters to Genji like Winston, Zarya and Symmetra who do not have deflectable attacks.

If there were way to calculate the approximate time Bastion would normally take shooting at Genji to be killed by his own bullets; and to change that so that even if a fraction of those bullets hit his now smaller reflect hitbox but still destroys him in approximately the same amount of time you'd have the rate at which his deflected damage should be amplified by and it would not effect his ability to counter Bastion or other heroes that rely on a bit of spread that Genji could normally account for.

This may hurt a couple of heroes that may not be killed by a deflected attack, but I haven't really done any math. I'm just assuming that's the reason it's so large.
08/08/2016 12:35 AMPosted by McCri
Also, make stuns work so they stop his momentum. Usually i stun a Genji and by the time that i have figured out where he actually came to a stop and aim for his head (because he will already be out of FAN reach), the stun will have ended and i headshot myself.

Maybe flashbang's duration shouldn't start running until Genji has hit the ground? It seems silly that the current counter to flashbang is to jump and for some reason you're supposed to counter somebody that's always jumping around by flashbanging him.
08/31/2016 02:21 PMPosted by omnic
It seems silly that the current counter to flashbang is to jump and for some reason you're supposed to counter somebody that's always jumping around by flashbanging him.

Like...
*scratching the head*
blizzard, what the hell?
Still a thing, do something
Maybe in a year it will get fixed. Maybe not. Soon ™
No progress guys and girls, the new developer update didn't shed any light on this issue.

Also, poor Torbjorn.
09/24/2016 01:16 PMPosted by iSinner
Maybe in a year it will get fixed. Maybe not. Soon ™

I'm getting Soon ™ tattooed onto my ankle as a reminder.
I bet with the new hero release, there will be no changes to reflect, nor the size, nor the animation.
People seem to forget how retarded the range is and are bringing back the "don't shoot" idiotic argument. So i'll bump this one just for those idiots.
Its time to remind how broken this $hit is.