Mandatory Daily Nerf Genji Thread

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
08/05/2016 02:12 PMPosted by Razeluxe
I just like people who say

"Go Mei! She freezes him."

No, Genji who has half a brain will get close enough to let himself get frozen, and if he "does" get flanked, he can just dash away, climb a wall. Gone.

"Go winston!"

His DPS is hot garbage, if the enemy team has a Zen healing Genji, and put a discord on you, all you do is feed Genji his OP ult and then he wipes your team.

"Symmetra...?"

Ahahaha.

I recently gone Mei, Genji survives long enough to dash away from the ice stream, actually, none of his counters can kill him fast enough.
Just keep releasing time limited RNG box skins for Genji, each better than the last and they will eventually quit.
I main Genji, so I might be a little biased, but...he doesn't need a nerf. It's true that in the right hands, he's pretty scary, but he does have some good counters, and has a pretty high skill ceiling to use effectively. Genji can't reflect beam weapons, so Zarya, Winston, Symmetra and Mei can all get through the deflect. Granted, Symmetra is not nearly as hard as a counter for Genji, but Zarya, Winston, and Mei are still, at least from my experience, very commonly used counters to him. There might be a few more I'm missing, but that's who I can think off the top of my head. If a Reinhardt is miraculously able to catch Genji with a charge, it's effectively an instant kill. McCree can also just throw a flashbang at Genji's feet to get past the deflect, since the AoE will still stun Genji. Also, in Zarya's case, with a decent amount of charge, Genji will die in seconds. Mei not only can freeze Genji, but Genji is prone to freezing since he relies on close range a majority of the time. Also, if Genji wastes his deflect and Swift Strike, he's pretty much a sitting duck, especially if left out in the open, due to his long cooldowns on said abilities. One last thing, Genji's ult restricts him to only Dragonblade, which is a melee weapon. While he can still deflect and Swift Strike while using Dragonblade, he can't harass opponents from far away, and since he needs to go into that range for the kill, it's easy to bait him to someone else (such as a tank hero, who can sustain more blows) and harass or kill him from farther away. So, overall? Genji does not need a nerf. Not only does he have numerous counters, some of which can be considered hard counters if used right, and also methods of getting past his deflect, but his long cooldowns on his abilities leave him VERY vulnerable if used at the wrong time. Genji is, overall, more of a high-risk, high-reward character than a game-breaking, overpowered character.
08/08/2016 06:13 PMPosted by VanFanelMX
08/05/2016 02:12 PMPosted by Razeluxe
I just like people who say

"Go Mei! She freezes him."

No, Genji who has half a brain will get close enough to let himself get frozen, and if he "does" get flanked, he can just dash away, climb a wall. Gone.

"Go winston!"

His DPS is hot garbage, if the enemy team has a Zen healing Genji, and put a discord on you, all you do is feed Genji his OP ult and then he wipes your team.

"Symmetra...?"

Ahahaha.

I recently gone Mei, Genji survives long enough to dash away from the ice stream, actually, none of his counters can kill him fast enough.

You force him to retreat, which is also quite good. Do you also cry when a Lucio uses a speedboost to run away from you?
I was in QP the other day (i am lvl 120 comp 66) and 2 Genjis were dominating so i play with McCree but he did not make a change because the other team were making my match hell, then I went Winston and he jus doesnt have the right tools to kill a good Genji, my last resort was using Genji(because i am pretty average) I dominated them with their team and got 45 eliminations.
I like playing Genji but lets be real his hitbox should be a little bit big(double jump could expose him) his ultimate should take more time to get and around 6 seconds with a realistic melee hitbox not stronger that Rein.
08/08/2016 06:57 PMPosted by BT160529
I was in QP the other day (i am lvl 120 comp 66) and 2 Genjis were dominating so i play with McCree but he did not make a change because the other team were making my match hell, then I went Winston and he jus doesnt have the right tools to kill a good Genji, my last resort was using Genji(because i am pretty average) I dominated them with their team and got 45 eliminations.
I like playing Genji but lets be real his hitbox should be a little bit big(double jump could expose him) his ultimate should take more time to get and around 6 seconds with a realistic melee hitbox not stronger that Rein.

You want his ult to have less range than Reinhardt's hammer, despite the fact that he is using a huge sword with a magic dragon coming out of it?

If you want to drop the duration and range, you should up the power.
08/08/2016 06:56 PMPosted by Rubiss

You force him to retreat, which is also quite good. Do you also cry when a Lucio uses a speedboost to run away from you?

no, because he doesn't come back with ult and kill your team.
Daily bump, pessimistically hoping for Blizz reply.
Only nerf Genji needs is to his ultimate duration. The only reason he is able to teamwipe every time he presses Q is because it lasts so long you can literally cut the time in half and still get a triple kill easily.
It's a bit absurd all you guys want him NERFED, as I see it. He doesn't need a NERF, he needs to be TONED DOWN. This is coming from a pre-Ana Genji main. Just change his double jump animation, and tone down the animation cancel a bit. Disable use of shuriken after a dash, because a dash after a reflect cancel means he's trying to abuse your prediction skills. I've started maining Hanzo as the trash I am, and even though I do OK with him, high mobility is an issue for him, and many other characters. The Double Jump should disable him firing shuriken as long as he's still in the flip animation would also serve to help balance him out. He's strong if you're skilled, but not because he's completely broken, because he happens to have a few tools that are too well suited for him to abuse. The Double jump and the dash cancel are popular, and they shouldn't be taken away completely, HOWEVER, they should be toned to where they don't break the experience for everyone else. So just prohibit him from lobbing shuriken or meleeing after he does a cancel or jump. This way, the melee dash to sweep ult combo is less broken to fight against. He also gains a boost to speed when he ults, tone the speed down, and you have an easier Genji to fight. Either decrease the ult duration, or decrease his speed. 6 seconds, or a normal moving Genji for 8 seconds to fight is more reasonable with his mobility.
It's a bit absurd all you guys want him NERFED, as I see it. He doesn't need a NERF, he needs to be TONED DOWN.

Same thing though.
Although I'm pretty sure the Genjo players have already raided this post in favor of their favorite robot ninja Genji,

I'll just reiterate their silly battle cry for the ones that haven't been keeping up with the threads.

"Gitgud"
08/09/2016 11:51 AMPosted by r11na
It's a bit absurd all you guys want him NERFED, as I see it. He doesn't need a NERF, he needs to be TONED DOWN.

Same thing though.

With Blizz, a nerf means they break your kneecaps with a shotgun, THEN shoot you. In most cases at least.
08/06/2016 01:12 PMPosted by Shellshock
08/05/2016 04:14 PMPosted by theheretic91
Reminder that it's gonna be Tracer's turn after Genji gets his nerf. That's where the forum outrage will shift towards next.

Tracer might be annoying af but her ult cannot change the tide of the battle (meaning it often actually does not even kill its main target). Only way it could occur is if she "puts it into" a Zarya ult. But even then I am not sure.

08/06/2016 06:13 AMPosted by Vhein
People don't realize how good you have to be to become a real threat to the other team, and when you are such a threat noob player don't know how to deal with you anymore, because they love shotting at standing still target and when they need to shoot at something that move quick they just quit and cry like baby.

Genji is dangerous, but when you are experienced and not mongo you can deal with him with a ton of hero ;

D.va, Soldier 76, Macree when catching him off guard, reaper is a good deal too if you know how to aim ( lolmao aiming at reaper, sound hard for you huh? ), you can force the genji to backoff with Mei / Winston, you can rekt him with chopper, junkrat in closed space.

In short, L2P casual player, you don't wan't to ? Then stop crying about genji, you already got widowmaker nerfed with your incessant baby cry, now genji, what's up next ?

Comp rank 45 and you call other people casuals. Give me a break already.

I didnt picked ranked because i hate that.

Look my masteroverwatch page if you wan't more details on my "skill level"
I need to remind people that the fact that it's hard (or "hard") to play certain hero doesn't suddenly make this hero balanced.
This guy makes some good points and I agree.. Genji is annoying but he's squishy if you're good at knowing when to counter him, he goes down pretty fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZVk7GcJ4k
I've noticed multiple high skill players, including 2 genji mains, saying how his ult should be nerfed to reduce kill viability, either through less sword swing range or a shorter time ulting.

I think seagull nailed it pretty well saying how genji just plays passively, occasionally getting picks, until he can sword in. And also how even if the enemy pops support ults, you can still wait it out and get 2 or 3 seconds to get another kill or two.

Ive also noticed some good suggestions to change his deflect. I by starting to water these things down a little bit, it wont destroy genji, but he shouldnt be dominating either.
yea its true genji is a little too OP
Pretty obvious that a direct nerf wont come.

I've explained it here why: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747797428?page=1
08/09/2016 01:13 PMPosted by lifeismyjoke
Pretty obvious that a direct nerf wont come.

I've explained it here why: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747797428?page=1

It's pretty obvious that his ultiamate, dash, and reflect hitboxes will be reduced, that's pretty much a direct nerf, my friend.