when's genji getting nerfed to 150 hp

General Discussion
When Roadhog flies?
Never?

Heck, I hate dying to good Genji but he does not really need a nerf because of one word; GOOD Genji. He's not OP, he just feels it when you go up against someone who plays him well. Making him more squishy is not needed.
08/05/2016 07:07 AMPosted by bringthesun

Thats not how you balance a hero by over-nerfing a character's health pool.
150 hp seems too big of a drop from my point of view.
08/05/2016 07:10 AMPosted by Eguzky
Never?

Heck, I hate dying to good Genji but he does not really need a nerf because of one word; GOOD Genji. He's not OP, he just feels it when you go up against someone who plays him well. Making him more squishy is not needed.

Tell me, what hero counters Genji atm?

Go on, i'll wait. I already know what your answers will be, so before posting them, know that you are wrong.
Never?

He needs a nerf. It's just not 150 hp thingy.
08/05/2016 07:11 AMPosted by Grizzly
Never?

Go on, i'll wait. I already know what your answers will be, so before posting them, know that you are wrong.

Seems to me like you're the one who's wrong.
08/05/2016 07:12 AMPosted by Chilly

Still waiting for your list of counters to Genji. Go on, i'll wait.
All they need to do is fix his animation cancel trio and he'll be fine. Certainly doesn't need an HP nerf.
08/05/2016 07:13 AMPosted by Grizzly

You just need one. Better aim.
08/05/2016 07:18 AMPosted by poochie
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, you give me a list of heroes who counter Genji. What's wrong? You have problems finding one?
08/05/2016 07:13 AMPosted by Grizzly

"I rarely die to Genji, in fact he is a pretty easy kill..." - Reaper over 70 SR

Have fun in the low 40's struggling thinking that Genji is OP though...
Yeah, I hate Genji as much as the next person but nerfing his health isn't the way you fix him.
Never?

Oh! I get to translate again! Ahem:

'I am scared /I/ will be wrong, so I am preemptively saying /you/ will be wrong so I can blow off any argument you make without expending any effort coming up with a counter-argument.'

Now that I am done translating you:

Mei: Mei is made to slow down characters with high mobility so they she, or a teammate can better crush them. Her 10 meter range is about the same as Genji's dash distaince, and the slowdown means she can catch back up before it wears off and reapply unless the Genji uses the terrain to his advantage.

Junkrat: He can place his bombs near a Genji instead of in his face. Get him with the splash damage. On top of that, his trap nullifies Genji's ability to move for a few seconds. Seconds that could get the Genji killed if his reflect is on CD, he's hit by any 'beam' type weapon, or explosives are placed nearby instead of shot AT him.

Pharah: Again; explosives. She can place her rockets NEAR Genji instead of trying to HIT him. He cannot reflect or nullify splash damage.

There's three just off the top of my head.

Now, what I WILL say needs nerfing is his reflects hitbox. From what some people have tested, it seems to be only a bit smaller than Reinhardts barrier. That's a bit too big when you have to rely on NOT shooting him directly to do damage during his reflect.
Never?

Yet they nerfed Widowmaker and McCree because *good* player played them too well. He'll get nerfed, probably next patch. I don't think they will give him 150 hp but still he'll be nerfed somehow.
I used to think ill of Genji like everyone else.... I main S76 and can counter a Genji pretty effectively now.... I give him a short burst from my rifle, he activates reflect/deflect, while evading his attacks I wait a few seconds for his ability to end, then I Helix Rocket at his feet and finish him with the rifle. Most of the time I also have to drop my first aid kit to supplement my health. I have been getting better at this tactic and feel like I win about 60-70% of my 1 v 1 fights with Genji now.

If Genji catches me off guard he melts me.... but that is what he is meant to do.

No, you give me a list of heroes who counter Genji. What's wrong? You have problems finding one?

Phara
Junkrat trap/mine to the face
Winston
Widow
Reinhardt
Roadhog
D.va
Symmetra
Mcree flashbang fth

L2p as good as guy playing genji did (or girl)
08/05/2016 07:07 AMPosted by bringthesun

He's not. I don't even remember how much HP he has. Maybe he'll get changed to 175? But he's not going back down to 150. Done before and it was bad for him.
200hp should be fine for a hero who is that strong. I mean look at phara, she is 200hp and her ult is very unreliable. shes as thin as paper easily killed by her counters.
I think the 150 HP nerf sounds appropriate because as far as mobility goes he is more capable than Tracer. She only has 150 and has less defense capabilities and less damage potential compared to Genji.