Suspicious of aimbot?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Record their killcam, report them and post the video on the forums.

Got this guy here banned with it:

[[removed]]

Edit: Send the findings to hacks@blizzard.com instead. Stoopid me >.<
Please do not report potential cheats, hacks, bots, or unauthorized third-party software on the forums. Not only is it likely your post will be moderated (to remove any specific player info - this just isn't the place for it), but it's not a direct channel to our hacks teams, so it's definitely not as efficient.

Instead, the most helpful and effective thing you can do is use the in-game reporting option (right click on the player's name > report) or email your findings to hacks@blizzard.com. These are dedicated channels, and using them will make sure your reports get to the right people.

With that said, it's important to note that while community-submitted evidence can be very helpful, we will never use it alone to verify whether or not cheating is taking place. Because of this, and this goes back to my statement above, we ask that you please avoid publicly accusing individuals of cheating whenever possible and use the reporting methods we've provided. (Another reason why the forums aren't a good place to have these sorts of discussions. No harm, no foul though.)

We're constantly monitoring the game and have been very aggressive with taking action against players who've been found to be cheating. Sometimes these actions are extremely visible, other times they may be more behind-the-scenes. Either way, preserving the integrity of the game is something that's super important to us, and we appreciate your involvement immensely.
Highly Rated
Except in the Pro Scene of course.
Highly Rated
08/09/2016 11:31 AMPosted by TMP

Too soon~
I don't even know why these guys like to cheat in the first place. You're either good or you're not and why complain when caught? You know the rules if you can't do the time then don't do the crime except this time your game is ban and you wasted your cash. Quit being infinite losers and actually grow a pair. Players will report something that looks suspicious and will call you out. Don't feel embarrass if you're in the spotlight because you had it coming. Don't want the pressure? Don't mess with the weather.
08/09/2016 10:14 AMPosted by Murdowke
Record their killcam

You do the realise the killcam isn't an accurate representation of what they saw on their screen right?

I saw how bad it is for myself a while ago. For some reason it glitched out and showed me my death from my own perspective (for the second time) instead of from the guy who killed me.

I was shooting a Roadhog in the back of the head, and he turned around, hooked and killed me. When I watched the replay, it showed me accurately tracking the centroid of his head hitbox (in much the same way an aimbot would).

In reality my aim was nowhere near as accurate, but the game recording it only took into account me landing consecutive shots to his head, it didn't record which part of the head hitbox I was shooting.

The killcam could do with being either removed or drastically improved, as all it will result in is hundreds of thousands of false accusations because it makes it look as though hacks were being used. This problem is amplified by bad players who are so bad at moving, landing consecutive shots to their head is easy, but makes the replay look more fishy that it really was. And bad players are far more likely to cry 'hacks!' when they die to someone better.
08/09/2016 11:27 AMPosted by Lylirra
Not only is it likely your post will be moderated (to remove any specific player info - this just isn't the place for it)

Because of this, and this goes back to my statement above, we ask that you please avoid publicly accusing individuals of cheating whenever possible and use the reporting methods we've provided.

I agree with this in regards to private players, but in principle at least, it doesn't seem to apply to streamers or tournament players.

They are willfully putting themselves in the public and making their player info available. They are often endorsed or de-facto endorsed by Blizzard. They participate in Blizzard-sponsored events.

I think it's still a-okay to publicly post evidence and opinions on public figures.
08/09/2016 11:39 AMPosted by emtwo
doesn't seem to apply to streamers or tournament players.

They are willfully putting themselves in the public and making their player info available. They are often endorsed or de-facto endorsed by Blizzard. They participate in Blizzard-sponsored events.

I think it's still a-okay to publicly post evidence and opinions on public figures.
What are you even talking about? What does this even mean? There are no tournaments that blatantly allow these, and anything that's strictly online is something Blizzard can't do until their next banwave. Just because they aren't being banned literally the moment you're watching them doesn't mean they aren't already in the process of getting bopped in the next ban wave. Ban waves are retroactive and affect players after they've cheated, not while they're cheating.

There's physically no way for Bliz to just stop cheaters from cheating in the moment. It's an investigation process, and if the last two banwaves are any indication, they're pretty freaking thorough.
The perception that Blizzard is turning a blind eye to professional cheaters is an emerging problem.

Blizzard does, after all, have a financial incentive to not ban streamers and players on the top team.

Having said that, giving no response at all to public and well documented cases of apparent cheating by these top professionals is the worst possible decision. The accusations will continue to grow like a cancer eating its way through OW esports.

This is a complex issue, they can't just ban the most high profile pros in the game. That would be terrible PR, you have to understand, Blizzard needs to play the long game with this. As frustrating as it is to see a cheater continuously dominate so blatantly, there's a tremendous amount of money riding on that decision (even with a confirmed record of cheating).

If you ask me, the best option would be to use standardized, regulated, inspected equipment for official tourneys. From there, it should be obvious who is cheating, and the community should ostracize these players from unofficial tourneys, leading to those teams dropping those players to protect their reputation and to keep performing, and not losing sponsors.

If Overwatch wants to have any sort of eSports scene, you can't just confirm that you failed to keep cheating out of the highest level of your play at the very beginning of the game, but you obviously can't just let them keep cheating. We need to rely on other pros and tournament organizes to refuse to work with these suspected cheaters; they're waiting on an official statement from Blizzard, but they will never get it.

So it's integrity. Would the rest of the pro scene that currently isn't cheating ostracize the cheaters, or just cheat, continue competing and maintain their livelihood?

08/09/2016 11:47 AMPosted by Jimbo

There's physically no way for Bliz to just stop cheaters from cheating in the moment. It's an investigation process, and if the last two banwaves are any indication, they're pretty freaking thorough.

At least 1 of the pros have been cheating since closed beta.
they can ban as many "waves" of cheaters as they want, but if none of those banwaves clear the obvious cheating out of the pro scene, the game's reputation will continue to tank

"the bans may still be coming!!!" okay? great??? when the obvious cheaters in the proscene are banned, people will prolly stop posting threads about wanting them to be banned. until then, it doesn't matter what is "coming", we are going to continue pointing out the obvious cheating every time we see it.

Blizzard is making a huge mistake in thinking that banning "pro players" is going to hurt the game more than banning them.

I imagine their mentality about it is the same with sports and doping, beefed up players making insane plays that go on reddit to attract more players, but of course what is going to happen is the exact opposite, people will lose all confidence in the competitive scene and leave en masse if there is no reason to climb the competitive ladder.

Some people still believe that aimbots do nothing but instantly snap to heads, and there's no natural movements, but a good player can make it seem 100% natural with today's aimbots.

Anyone reading this just imagine any time you aim at the chest of a player, you can click a button to go to their head and lock on to it until the target is dead, how much better that would make your play.
Please do not report potential cheats, hacks, bots, or unauthorized third-party software on the forums. Not only is it likely your post will be moderated (to remove any specific player info - this just isn't the place for it), but it's not a direct channel to our hacks teams, so it's definitely not as efficient.

Instead, the most helpful and effective thing you can do is use the in-game reporting option (right click on the player's name > report) or email your findings to hacks@blizzard.com. These are dedicated channels, and using them will make sure your reports get to the right people.

With that said, it's important to note that while community-submitted evidence can be very helpful, we will never use it alone to verify whether or not cheating is taking place. Because of this, and this goes back to my statement above, we ask that you please avoid publicly accusing individuals of cheating whenever possible and use the reporting methods we've provided. (Another reason why the forums aren't a good place to have these sorts of discussions. No harm, no foul though.)

We're constantly monitoring the game and have been very aggressive with taking action against players who've been found to be cheating. Sometimes these actions are extremely visible, other times they may be more behind-the-scenes. Either way, preserving the integrity of the game is something that's super important to us, and we appreciate your involvement immensely.

is blizzard developing software to detect aim botters? counter strike has it

seems kind of bad to have to force players to record videos and send them to blizzard... i don't play w/ video recording crap and detecting hacks should be blizzards job and not players

how are ps4 players supposed to report people in game there is no option thanks
Scan the Pro players for hacks like we scan regular athletes for Performance Enhancing Drugs

They should have nothing to hide, and blizz isn't going to mine/sell their data.
08/09/2016 11:49 AMPosted by Nessuno
Having said that, giving no response at all to public and well documented cases of apparent cheating by these top professionals is the worst possible decision. The accusations will continue to grow like a cancer eating its way through OW esports.

Accusations require hard evidence though. Everyone was convinced Surefour was hacking based on a few low quality gifs taken from the inaccurate spectator mode. He proved himself in a LAN tournament not long after, in which not only did his team win, he was voted MVP.

And despite that, the bads who are screaming for him to be banned are still convinced he somehow managed to sneak some hacks onto the PC he used. They believe what they want to believe, no matter how much evidence is available to prove or disprove anything they believe, because they are heavily biased. In their minds players just cannot be that good, so they need to believe they are hacking, otherwise they are forced to admit that they are nowhere near as good as they think they are.

If only the bads were willing to put the same level of effort into improving their own play as they are to try and pull everyone else down, this game would be a lot more fun to play.

Some light reading, both of which apply heavily to bad players;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_poppy_syndrome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
08/09/2016 11:57 AMPosted by ginkeq

seems kind of bad to have to force players to record videos and send them to blizzard... i don't play w/ video recording crap and detecting hacks should be blizzards job and not players

do you even read bro?
08/09/2016 11:49 AMPosted by Nessuno
The perception that Blizzard is turning a blind eye to professional cheaters is an emerging problem.

Blizzard does, after all, have a financial incentive to not ban streamers and players on the top team.

This argument is completely contradictory in every way...

Blizzard has incentive to ban streamers and tourny players, because if they don't, the perception that they allow cheating drives sales DOWN.

The only people that are "sure" that Blizzard doesn't ban cheaters, are people that haven't played their other games. Ask any WoW vet how seriously they take cheaters, and you'll get the real idea.

They've issued PLENTY of perma bans on exploits alone...not even cheats/hacks...on guilds in WoW that are unknown to the public. Acting like they are just sitting around and counting money they make from cheaters is blatantly stupid.
08/09/2016 12:00 PMPosted by LEVIN3D
08/09/2016 11:57 AMPosted by ginkeq

do you even read bro?

what does monitoring the game mean?

kind of vague