Suspicious of aimbot?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
08/09/2016 11:49 AMPosted by Nessuno
The perception that Blizzard is turning a blind eye to professional cheaters is an emerging problem.

Blizzard does, after all, have a financial incentive to not ban streamers and players on the top team.

Having said that, giving no response at all to public and well documented cases of apparent cheating by these top professionals is the worst possible decision. The accusations will continue to grow like a cancer eating its way through OW esports.

Really well put.
08/09/2016 11:53 AMPosted by F2H

At least 1 of the pros have been cheating since closed beta.
Yeah, if they buy a new copy with a new account they can continue cheating until the next ban wave. He's probably already been banned more than once, and just buys new copies with different accounts. Bliz can't stop people from constantly rebuying the game with different account numbers. That doesn't mean Bliz isn't doing their jobs, it just means this guy refuses to quit or change.
08/09/2016 12:44 PMPosted by Jimbo
08/09/2016 11:53 AMPosted by F2H

At least 1 of the pros have been cheating since closed beta.
Yeah, if they buy a new copy with a new account they can continue cheating until the next ban wave. He's probably already been banned more than once, and just buys new copies with different accounts. Bliz can't stop people from constantly rebuying the game with different account numbers. That doesn't mean Bliz isn't doing their jobs, it just means this guy refuses to quit or change.

The bans occur at the hardware level. Simply buying a new copy won't do. You need an entire new gaming computer. Not to say that there aren't folks out there with that much money but it's a steep penalty.

The problem is we have videos of "pros" auto flicking all over the place to the head's of invincible players during their rez, sometimes when they are behind walls, clearly fighting the aim bot which just snaps back to the heads of said invincible resurrecting players like a darn pinball machine.

IDK. It seems pretty clear that there is cheating at the top of the food chain. At least by some. My 9 yr. old son is on a mission to get as good as he can with Genji. He's always watching Seagull's streams and youtube videos. That's a guy i have a lot of respect for. Incredible player.

Other players, however, who i won't name and who have had their video's posted here in recent days, i have zero respect for.
08/09/2016 11:31 AMPosted by TMP
Except in the Pro Scene of course.

Whether you play Overwatch professionally or just for fun, it doesn’t matter to us—if you’re found to be cheating in Overwatch, we will take action. There’s no special treatment. (Fair warning.)

08/09/2016 11:39 AMPosted by emtwo

I think it's still a-okay to publicly post evidence and opinions on public figures.

I can definitely see the rationale there, and that may be okay for other community channels. It is not okay in these forums, however.

For clarity, this is because killcams, Plays of the Game, Highlights, and other community-captured footage aren’t consistently reliable. While they definitely are valuable (so please continue to send them our way), they're never actually used to verify or confirm the use cheats, hacks, bots, or unauthorized third-party programs. As a result, public accusations can often lead to witch hunts, and that kind of discourse doesn’t benefit you, the targeted player, or the game very much. Or the community itself, really. It’s something we’ll likely always actively discourage.

Just in case, here’s more info on our stance re: cheating in Overwatch: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20743596231
I notice Zalamael is always taking the side of 'suspected' cheaters.

What's his motive to care so passionately about their concerns?

One wonders.

It's not wrong to ask questions and make honest straightforward observations is it?
Whether you play Overwatch professionally or just for fun. . . [t]here’s no special treatment.

Shouldn't there be special treatment for pros, though? Shouldn't they get MORE scrutiny?

Professional athletes are screened for drugs, but the guys playing ball at the gym aren't. And that makes total sense.

Blizzard should have take SPECIAL efforts to monitor the systems of players on the top teams because there is so much more at stake -- for the players, Blizzard, and the general OW community.
08/09/2016 11:31 AMPosted by TMP
Except in the Pro Scene of course.

followup post of the !@#$%^- year.
08/09/2016 01:15 PMPosted by Nessuno
Whether you play Overwatch professionally or just for fun. . . [t]here’s no special treatment.

Shouldn't there be special treatment for pros, though? Shouldn't they get MORE scrutiny?

Professional athletes are screened for drugs, but the guys playing ball at the gym aren't. And that makes total sense.

Blizzard should have take SPECIAL efforts to monitor the systems of players on the top teams because there is so much more at stake -- for the players, Blizzard, and the general OW community.

That's probably more in the court of tourney organizers. And I expect LAN events do provide the equipment or check it for cheats (I don't actually know).

For online events, Blizzard's probably the only one with access to check out the entrants more than just spectating them. And they probably don't want to set the precedent of letting another person or organization tell them who to scrutinize before there's evidence of cheating, like "these people are joining our tournament, please check them out for us."

Whether you play Overwatch professionally or just for fun, it doesn’t matter to us—if you’re found to be cheating in Overwatch, we will take action. There’s no special treatment. (Fair warning.)

but there SHOULD BE special treatment for professional players. they should be under much heavier scrutiny, as your laxness on the issue is not only pissing off the general user base, it's damaging your company's image and esports presence as a whole. has a SINGLE professional player been banned for cheating? are you aware that most if not all of the 'pro' players and teams that have been accused of cheating in overwatch have been caught and banned for cheating in previous games such as CS:GO? do believe that not a single professional player in your game cheats?

really all that is happening is that your userbase is becoming increasingly convinced that you turn a blind eye to pro's cheating because banning them would be embarrassing for you as a company.

bla bla bla all i see you talk no action

all you know how to do is ban people on forums, for writing that you should ban people, yet you have so many hackers in this game its beyond stupid

its worse than cod, or counter strike

i hope this game dies and only hackers are left to play with each other
08/09/2016 01:28 PMPosted by psymix

bla bla bla all i see you talk no action

all you know how to do is ban people on forums, for writing that you should ban people, yet you have so many hackers in this game its beyond stupid

its worse than cod, or counter strike

i hope this game dies and only hackers are left to play with each other

Priorities are skewed.

Instead of banning obvious cheaters, it's more important to ban people who glitch Lucioball as another character.

Because, you know. A weekly brawl is MUCH more important than Ranked and Tournaments.
I'm glad Blizzard feels this way but until anything is actually done we only can pass judgement on what is now happening. If indeed you guys are planning on banning pros I would recommend holding them to a higher standard. I think their teams should be punished also, chances are they know who on their team hacks.

This would be a huge deterrent to cheating in the Pro Scene. No team would allow cheating if they knew the team would also be punished. Whether Blizzard or the Pros want to believe it or not, the Pros are ambassadors to the game Overwatch. They should be held to a higher standard than the casual player.
08/09/2016 11:49 AMPosted by Nessuno
The perception that Blizzard is turning a blind eye to professional cheaters is an emerging problem.

Blizzard does, after all, have a financial incentive to not ban streamers and players on the top team.

Having said that, giving no response at all to public and well documented cases of apparent cheating by these top professionals is the worst possible decision. The accusations will continue to grow like a cancer eating its way through OW esports.
They did directly address it, in what could be summarized as "git gud".

The problem is that answer wasn't good enough for this community and especially the skeptics.

Personally I think some of the pro-footage being used as "evidence" is pretty damning. Kill cams not being accurate is constantly parroted and brought up, completely disregarding that much of the footage comes from streams which are direct feeds of the players' screen.
We drifted from the Era of One Million Hanzos, to the Age of Tracer and no one seems to have noticed or cares.
Almost every game has someone being suspiciously good on characters they previously had minimal playtime on.
It sounds like you guys are saying The Emperor Has No Clothes.

Hans Christian Anderson would be proud and I bet most of you have no clue about him.
08/09/2016 01:15 PMPosted by Nessuno

That's probably more in the court of tourney organizers. And I expect LAN events do provide the equipment or check it for cheats (I don't actually know).

For online events, Blizzard's probably the only one with access to check out the entrants more than just spectating them. And they probably don't want to set the precedent of letting another person or organization tell them who to scrutinize before there's evidence of cheating, like "these people are joining our tournament, please check them out for us."

Explain to me why tournament organizers have any incentive to catch cheaters? There's absolutely no financial incentive to it, so why would they?

That's like asking Don King to drug screen his boxers before a fight rather than the regulating body to do so. It's ridiculous to think about in that light, so what makes Esports any different?

Promoters are there to make money, not to make things fair. Without an outside body regulating things, every pro has an incentive to cheat. Before congress made MLB do drug tests, almost 90% of professional baseball players used steroids, and most of the team's outright encouraged it. It was so bad that high school coaches encouraged it. Pro teams gave them incentives to do so.

Why are people assuming 'pro' video game players are somehow more morally righteous than professional athletes? Name a single real sport that hasn't had a cheater. What makes a guy on a computer somehow better?
08/09/2016 01:11 PMPosted by JimRocky
I notice Zalamael is always taking the side of 'suspected' cheaters.

What's his motive to care so passionately about their concerns?

One wonders.

It's not wrong to ask questions and make honest straightforward observations is it?

It is because I genuinely do not like bad players. I think they are the most toxic element in PC gaming. They are classic losers that are heavily reliant on whatever excuse they can use to absolve themselves of any blame for their bad play.

Kind of like fat people who are desperate to convince anyone willing to listen that the reason they are fat is because of their glands, or genes, and not because they are lazy and have no willpower. They tell themselves that they will be fat no matter how hard they work in the gym, or how dedicated they are to their diet, and because they will always be fat, there is no point in trying.

Which is BS of course, we all know that. Doesn't stop them trying though. The best one I ever heard though, was a fat guy on a train who got butthurt when he realised the cute girl sitting opposite him was eyeing a muscular guy up who walked past their table. He told the girl that guy was probably on steroids, and that he would look like that if only he was willing to use steroids, and that he was a better person for not lowering himself to that level. I couldn't stop myself, I started pissing myself laughing at him, that was truly a new low for fat people around the world.

In any case, the same applies with hacking accusations. It is bad players needing an excuse, because if the player that just wrecked them again and again isn't hacking, it would mean admitting they are bad, and losers never do that, they instantly absolve themselves of any blame, and then blame anything and anyone to soothe their butthurt.

I have no doubts that pro players do use hacks, it has happened in the past, but unless there is enough evidence, there is nothing anyone can do. Innocent until proven guilty, or should we just throw that in the bin because you are biased and think you are right?
08/09/2016 01:32 PMPosted by zipzo
Kill cams not being accurate is constantly parroted and brought up, completely disregarding that much of the footage comes from streams which are direct feeds of the players' screen.

Either version isn't very accurate. On my screen I'm completely hidden from the opponent but the kill cam shows that I was completely exposed when they kill me.
I've never really understood this whole "pros can't be banned because it would be bad for Blizzard" explanation. eSports are really no different than RL sports. The MLB survived without Rodriguez and pro cycling went on without Armstrong. Fans and spectators alike WANT the organizations involved to be proactive with regard to cheating. New stars rise to the top and competition continues.