Removing the 1/one Hero Limit/HL will kill competitive

Competitive Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
I cannot properly express how strongly I feel about this. Please do not remove this limit. If people want to switch between heroes, a good team will usually accommodate them with zero issues. The majority of players want one hero limit. It works, it's fun, and it encourages more diverse team compositions. Please don't make me go back to having to fight 5 D.Vas and a Lucio on Hanamura.
got you good, downvote fags

get rid of that neckbeard, you're disgusting
Cry for it, cry to keep it. Anything else you want to feel passionate about? Like, my feelings?
As SOON as they said they were locking hero picks down to 1 per for Competitive, I was like "Here comes the frustrated player base sick of the never-changing meta." And lo! For once, I wasn't wrong.

Personally, I didn't mind stacking, and I don't MIND the current meta, or WOULDN'T, if the current meta wasn't dictating what people were screaming for in the forums regarding character nerfs because of "100% pickrates" and what not, and that's super frustrating.
? When did they say they were removing it lol
I concur. As much as I'd like the hero stacking to stay in QP, I enjoy the diversity and tactic play of 1HL in comp.
08/10/2016 08:23 AMPosted by Apathy

When competitive season ends there will only be quickplay, no ranked.
08/10/2016 08:24 AMPosted by DETHM3K
I enjoy the diversity and tactic play of 1HL in comp.

spin it all you want, still 2 / 2 / 2 most QP games.
08/10/2016 08:26 AMPosted by demonwing
08/10/2016 08:23 AMPosted by Apathy

When competitive season ends there will only be quickplay, no ranked.

I'm mainly worried they will remove it for S2. But as for quick play, I am hoping they will add a quick play mode that has the same rules as competitive but obviously without the effects on ranking up or down.
With current "Balance" that would be even worse than before.

Today I had a match with 5 Genji and one Zenyatta. I've never felt so useless (no matter what I played) in my entire life.
i dont think they will do that, sounds pretty stupid...

from where come's that info?
08/10/2016 08:34 AMPosted by Alastor
With current "Balance" that would be even worse than before.

Today I had a matchw ith 5 Genji and one Zenyatta. I've never felt so useless (no matter what I played) in my entire life.

The argument against that would be to go 5 Winstons and a healer of some kind, but is that fun? Is that innovative?
08/10/2016 08:36 AMPosted by Gabh
i dont think they will do that, sounds pretty stupid...

from where come's that info?

You know, skycode reddit
A "Competitive Practice Mode" would be nice.

And, yes, please, no stacking in Competitive. It'll just exacerbate the problems with balance. Every role in the game has two or three heroes who can fit the slot, meaning there's no reason to stack a hero unless you're trying to exploit some feature of that character which only becomes a problem when synergizing with themselves.

If you want to stack Genji, go to Quickplay.

One exception that might be nice in Competitive is allowing ONE hero to stack per team. This would allow handoffs to happen more fluidly (Captain is better with 76 than Lucio, and Lieutenant is better with D.Va. than Lucio. The match starts with Captain as 76, but it's obvious a D.Va. would be better. ONE hero stack would allow Captain to switch to Lucio right away, and Lucio to switch to D.Va. when it's safe)..

To limit abuse of ONE hero stack, you could make it so the stacked heroes don't build ultimates when they're stacked, or put a suicide timer on the stacked character (Lieutenant in the example above) to ensure a change.
Honestly I'd also like to see the limit introduced to Quick Play as right now it's not very fun to play at all, I don't play it much anymore but I feel bad for anyone who puts most of their time into this mode.
08/10/2016 08:08 AMPosted by ThePizzaGuy
I cannot properly express how strongly I feel about this. Please do not remove this limit. If people want to switch between heroes, a good team will usually accommodate them with zero issues. The majority of players want one hero limit. It works, it's fun, and it encourages more diverse team compositions. Please don't make me go back to having to fight 5 D.Vas and a Lucio on Hanamura.

Seriously why the !@#$ would they revert back to that crap. Inb4 double winston, double tracer double lucio
08/10/2016 08:28 AMPosted by Audaylon
08/10/2016 08:24 AMPosted by DETHM3K
I enjoy the diversity and tactic play of 1HL in comp.

spin it all you want, still 2 / 2 / 2 most QP games.

Yeah, and that is great for qp. I like messing around and stacking hero's with friends just for the hell of it, but when I'm in serius bidness mode I'll jump in a cp game. So an "off season" mode that keeps the 1HL would be great.

We're not going to remove it. The response has been really good. We're keeping it for Season 2.
Highly Rated
08/10/2016 08:44 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

We're not going to remove it. The response has been really good. We're keeping it for Season 2.

All hail the god
Highly Rated
Jeff you're gorgeous