Don't nerf Zenyatta

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Zenyatta is my favorite hero (I play him 90% of the time) , and I don't want blizzard to ruin him. I think he has found a great spot right now and doesn't need a nerf. he is being used highly right now in the meta, but keep in mind there is always going to be a hero that is used highly in the meta. it doesn't mean they need to be nerfed
Highly Rated
He's really fun to play as, but it would have been fine - imo - if they had just boosted his health to 200, which is what everyone was asking for.
08/10/2016 07:42 AMPosted by Darkmonster
Zenyatta is my favorite hero (I play him 90% of the time)

Oh hey, so you are already biased, glad we made that clear.

I think he has found a great spot right now and doesn't need a nerf.

When something is being used all the time in tournaments and high level competitive games I think it deserves some looking into. Note that there are 23(or 22?, forgot) heroes and only 6 spots on a team.

he is being used highly right now in the meta, but keep in mind there is always going to be a hero that is used highly in the meta.

Fair enough, after all Lucio has been used close to 100% all this time and he appears to be fine. However Lucio by himself is not such a game changer as Transcendence and Discord Orb currently are.

it doesn't mean they need to be nerfed

It doesn't mean they shouldn't be nerfed either. McCree was the most used character for a number of weeks, does this mean he shouldn't have been nerfed because there will always be a character who is on top?
Highly Rated
the movement speed and increased healing with his ult has finally made him a viable support again and it is wonderful
Buff him to allow teammates to hear overlapped voice clips.

Death
Death
Death
Death
08/10/2016 07:47 AMPosted by Meringue

Death
Death
Death
Death

Wait... they can't hear the overlapped voice clips?!? Oh no! I thought they could this whole time! It was my favourite thing to do waiting for matches to start!
he is to OP atm..
Can kill Reinhard to fast.
some dps - should be ok..
08/10/2016 07:56 AMPosted by Ashran
08/10/2016 07:47 AMPosted by Meringue

Death
Death
Death
Death

Wait... they can't hear the overlapped voice clips?!? Oh no! I thought they could this whole time! It was my favourite thing to do waiting for matches to start!

Yeah, I felt dumb when I found out. Plus it dashed my dreams of Zenyatta the Murderous Deathbot.
after the buff you 100% need one on the team discord and hes ult is just way to strong now not to pick him. so yeah i guess he is overpowered atm
That debuff is totally broken, anti fun and poisonous.
I prefer leaving him alone it but if anything is to be done, just reduce discord to 30%.

Don't add CD or reduce orb speed. That's just gonna make him clunky to play.
08/10/2016 08:12 AMPosted by poochie

Yea, you have to actually coordinate with your team instead of spamming the orb on the closest thing thats being shot at. Communication is a clunky thing indeed.
08/10/2016 08:14 AMPosted by Bustar

Yea, you have to actually coordinate with your team instead of spamming the orb on the closest thing thats being shot at. Communication is a clunky thing indeed.

Communication maximizes orb effect; it does not affect the fluidity of Zen's play style. Sorry you don't understand what clunky means.
08/10/2016 08:04 AMPosted by tfninja
That debuff is totally broken, anti fun and poisonous.

Agreed. Discord Orb is so broken with the orb speed increase. You don't even have to think about where to place it, just spam "E" on anything red til the orb actually hits a target, wait 1.5s for team to decimate enemy hero, rinse, repeat.

I'd suggest putting the orb on at least a small cooldown. This would force it to be used strategically rather than spammed.
Zenyatta is my favorite hero (I play him 90% of the time) , and I don't want blizzard to ruin him. I think he has found a great spot right now and doesn't need a nerf. he is being used highly right now in the meta, but keep in mind there is always going to be a hero that is used highly in the meta. it doesn't mean they need to be nerfed

100% pick rate in pro scene isn't highly used, it's overused.

Listen, Zenyatta is overpowered right now. That doesn't mean if he gets nerfed, he'll be as useless as he was. McCree was just nerfed, and he's still good. Discord has just completely changed the meta. It's forced Zarya to be used often on both sides, it's made Reinhardt even more mandatory on non-KOTH, and most importantly, it's changed the playstyle. Zenyatta massively encourages a dive playstyle, and this is fine, but Zenyatta being as good as he is has made it the only viable playstyle.

Nerfing is probably the best answer to Zenyatta. Mercy and Pharah need a buff either way, Lucio and Ana are balanced right now, except possibly Ana's ult. You can't buff supports that will largely impact Zenyatta's pick rate.

If you ask me, reduce Discord's damage to 30% increased damage. You can give him back his normal damage, but Discord has too much impact on the game. There's no way to make the other supports as good as Zenyatta right now, because the other supports, besides Mercy who is too weak, are balanced.

08/10/2016 08:14 AMPosted by Bustar

If you pay attention to how Zenyatta plays, that smoothness in transitioning between targets is apart of him. You do not change the flow of a hero's playstyle. People hate that. That's what happened to Widowmaker. You change power, not flow.
I like the idea of reducing discord orb to 30%, if not that then how about a 2-3 second cool down? Wouldn't be able to spam it and would make casting it more of a meaningful decision. Would just stay on the affected player until it's recast 2-3 seconds later or out of sight for 5 seconds.
The only things I could get behind are dropping discord to maybe 45% damage boost (possibly 40, but even that I'm not sure about) and switching 50 of his shield to health (Bumping him to 200 total made sense, but I'm not sure why so much of it is shield).

Anything more than that and you have to start giving him buffs to offset the changes.
Why cant people admit that their "mains" are overpowered
I play pretty much only Zen in comp and hes broken as hell

200hp is too much, considering most of it is fast recharging shield
Discord orb is insane when the zen is calling/communicating

Zen and Genji dictate every match currently and its getting boring, yet "mains" keep defending them
Reducing discord to 30% increased damage sounds good to me as well, but buff his LMB damage to compensate.
Zenyatta is definitely playing a lot better these days. At this point anecdotal feedback, internal stats, and competitive feedback are all showing hes actually a bit *too* strong at the moment.

At this point we're looking likely to reduce some of his power in an upcoming patch, probably related to his Discord Orb.