Please can we have Save Replay and spectate only feature?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
I know for sure that this topic have come up multiple times already, but it needs to resurface because this is a feature that will be really useful for people who wants to improve their gameplay by reviewing their own gameplay or by looking at other ppl's gameplay.

1) I'm wondering here if this feature will ever be implemented into Overwatch in future?

2) Also, will it ever be possible to spectate my friends without "queuing" into the game since if there's a leaver in either team (provided i'm not in the same group with my friend), it'll automatically slot me into the game that i don't have the intention of playing, just want to spectate.
It would be a nice extra, but Blizzard make the decide if its gonna happen.

A Save replay would be great.
And a Spectate only feature would be great too.

Now spectators should get a message when someone in the fight leaves, like would you like to enter the match Y/N.
We are very excited to get the opportunity to work on both of the features that you mentioned -- a replay system and a spectate only feature.

Both have been on our schedule for some time but have gotten bumped for different reasons. The same people who would work on those features ended up being re-prioritized to working on high bandwith server technology, Season 2 competitive mode changes and matchmaking improvements. We also have another feature request in front of the replay system -- the ability to save highlights. Some of the work here is a step towards replays (another top requested feature) so it makes sense for this to come first when the time comes.

We're as excited as you guys are for these features. We're really hoping to get time on them.
08/11/2016 08:41 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We are very excited to get the opportunity to work on both of the features that you mentioned -- a replay system and a spectate only feature.

Both have been on our schedule for some time but have gotten bumped for different reasons. The same people who would work on those features ended up being re-prioritized to working on high bandwith server technology, Season 2 competitive mode changes and matchmaking improvements. We also have another feature request in front of the replay system -- the ability to save highlights. Some of the work here is a step towards replays (another top requested feature) so it makes sense for this to come first when the time comes.

We're as excited as you guys are for these features. We're really hoping to get time on them.
NICE! Looking forward to these.

Crack that wipe o.o So I can send you all the monies.

any way we could get info on new season 2 competitive mode features and improvements?
golly, with their "brilliant" "marketing" of the "great" summer event items, it sure would be nice if they could hire some people and add some cool features to the game instead of having to "redirect" everyone into the bare minimum we need to make the game playable
Highly Rated
08/11/2016 08:49 AMPosted by kirsch
golly, with their "brilliant" "marketing" of the "great" summer event items, it sure would be nice if they could hire some people and add some cool features to the game instead of having to "redirect" everyone into the bare minimum we need to make the game playable

Listen guy, I didn't like how the summer loot crates were handled either, but that was entirely art based. It's not like Blizzard can reassign their artists to work on coding new features into the game. Less blind rage and more logical thinking please.

Very nice, I hope your work on the high bandwidth servers will actually end up having an effect beyond just custom games, it would feel like a waste to have it just for custom games I think. Maybe 60 tick in Ranked and 20 in quick play as a compromise? Saving highlights is also something I'm really looking forwards to. Thanks for the response Jeff.
08/11/2016 08:43 AMPosted by MrFurious
any way we could get info on new season 2 competitive mode features and improvements?

Lots of information coming next week.
08/11/2016 08:49 AMPosted by kirsch

That is not how it works.
08/11/2016 08:53 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Gamescom hype?
working on high bandwith server technology

Thank the Dark Gods, finally.
We also have another feature request in front of the replay system -- the ability to save highlights.

Wouldn't they break every time there is an update or do you mean saving as videos?

Kaplan, I just want to say you and your team really are hitting so much of what I think the game needs in the long term on the head, from balance to features. I really appreciate all the work you are all putting in.
Same. I appreciate the frequent updates and the focus on making tweeks here and there a lot, and I am very much looking forward to the features you all are working on. Great game, and I like where your focus is.

Glad to see that matchmaking continues to be worked on. Should be #1 priority. No point in starting season 2 if matchmaking is still broken. Simple options like "match me with mic-enabled players only" or "match me with other solo queue people only" should be added IMO. I also think that you shouldn't be allowed to play competitive grouped with someone more than 5 ranks away from you. I can imagine that's what makes matchmaking so difficult. If a rank 65 wants to play with their rank 45 friend, they should stick to Quickplay.
60 / 60 tick is not "high speed" by the way. Dont be fooled. Blizzard told us before they were giving us "Super high speed servers" and we got 20 tick server. These people are liars and do like bending facts. There isnt even a low end game out there running on less than a 64/64 tick. Most run at 128/128 as high end. We arent even getting the standard of low end games with 60/60....

Considering you've talked about wanting these features since before the game was released at what point do you say you actually need more people working on the game? Overwatch is the fastest selling game in history. You're making money on top of the game cost from selling loot boxes. The features that are being requested aren't something unusual. You're talking about adding stuff that has been a staple feature of FPS games going on 2 decades. How was this stuff not road mapped from the beginning? As soon as you start taking peoples money for a game and selling it you no longer get credit for what you want to do.

I'm sure people at SOE wanted to release an exciting raid zone in Luclin with Vex Thal. Instead we got mobs that blinded and tossed you into the second floor aggroing more stuff and endless trash clears. When you're playing a game you care about the game you are given. Right now the Overwatch replay and spectating system is Vex Thal. Replay is a black screen of nothing.
08/11/2016 08:53 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Gamescom is really..... SOMBRAcom ?????