Watchpoint: Gibraltar: Balance Update

Competitive Discussion
I thought this was cool so I just wanted to share some info with you guys.

Before the recent patch, Watchpoint: Gibraltar was imbalanced. In Competitive Play we were seeing the attackers win 64% of the time.

After the patch, in Competitive Play, the attacker win rate is 50.5%.

Edit: These changes happened in the August 2 patch: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747925082
That's pretty neat, are these stats for internal use only or is there any harm in making them public?
Nice! I suppose, at least on this map, it won't feel so one-sided if I'm defending.
I saw there were changes, but it was very vague. Maybe "Sombra's" doing. ;)
I was confused for a second, didn't know you made threads and it wasn't a sticky.

That is cool information but could you share over how many games before and after patch was factored into this?
Someone's getting a raise?
Interesting stats! I'd love to see a site where you guys post random Overwatch stats such as map win % attackers/defenders, win %'s for certain heroes on certain maps. I'm a sucker for cool stats and graphs
Yeah, I knew there was a reason why I hate Gibraltar more than any other map.

What are the stats for Quick Play?
Very good results, nice job.

If you have the results so fast, maybe you can try and tweak more stuff?
Thank you for info papa Jeff. Gibraltar is my favourite map, but defending it after you lose cointoss was almost impossible.
Can we see all the maps win rates?
08/12/2016 09:29 AMPosted by Accelerator

Irrelevant. ZING!
does it really matter though? assuming every team has an equal probability of being on attack on gibraltar
What about sudden death?
08/12/2016 09:31 AMPosted by ZeMadmax
08/12/2016 09:29 AMPosted by Accelerator

Irrelevant. ZING!

Feelsbadman
You should know that the checkpoint 2 bug might be something that changed those numbers Mr. Kaplan.
Maybe work on your Assault maps now?

You know, the ones that are so bad tournaments universally banned them?
08/12/2016 09:32 AMPosted by ginkeq
does it really matter though? assuming every team has an equal probability of being on attack on gibraltar

There's an argument to be made about unbalanced maps since both teams get to play either side, yes. However, this is really a map only using half of its' potential, because it could be a true testament of skill from either side rather than the advantage of home-field, and in congregation with that, the way sudden death works in Season 1 makes the idea of one side being unbalanced that much worse.
It's like when you order one pound of ham at the deli and the deli guy cuts all the meat, throws it on the scale and nails it w/ a perfect 16.0 oz.

Nicely done!
Yay! competitive! idgaf. How about you make Quick Play more enjoyable? 1 hero limit? better matchmaking? hello??