Who's Pharah's father?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
Ana = GILF.

nuff said.
Hanzo
Narrator: Who is Pharrah's father? Is it Reinhart? Or is it Soldier 76? Is it Dr Harold Winston? Or that little monkey guy that follows him around? Or is it Thorbjorn?
Zenyatta: Nope. He's gay.
Thorbjorn: You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!
Narrator: Is it Bastion?
Bastion: Beep boop!
Narrator: Or is it Roadhog?
Roadhog: Huh?! Where?!
Narrator: Or could it be Junkrat?
Junkrat: Could be.
Narrator: Or Mr Gerard Lacroix??
Widowmaker: Honey, how could you?!
Narrator: Or is it the 1991 Denver Broncos? The answer is coming on an all-new Overwatch patch, in just few weeks.
Pharrah: What?! Son of a !@#$%!!
I'm kinda dissapointed in this thread. I've always thought it was pretty obvious who her father is. I mean just listen to the in-game dialogue and you'll see.

I mean, who else could it possibly be besides Bastion?
08/15/2016 09:54 AMPosted by Bigguy2875
If her father is one of the current characters it's a good bet it's Jack. Jack was Ana's commanding officer and they seemed to have a close relationship.

Pharah's looks nothing like Solider 76 though. Typically relationships with white people involve the child adopts at least a skin color that's a combination of both parents, meaning Pharah would be lighter than her mother's but she has the same skin tone.
It's possible that Ana's traits completely overshadowed 76's, but highly unlikely. I feel like Reaper has a better chance at being Pharah's father ("You always did take his side") than 76.
So back at SDCC 2016, The Overwatch panel did Q&A and said in response to a question about Pharah's dad, "it isn't a big mystery, but we are waiting for the right time to reveal it."
Great question! Someone also asked this during our Ana panel at Comic-Con, and I tried to address it (though, apologies in advance, I didn't give the definitive answer).

In-universe, the identity of Pharah's father is not considered to be a secret (Pharah knows who her father is). However, we haven't revealed it in the game or any of the related comics or animated shorts (or anywhere else outside of game).

When a story or opportunity where it feels appropriate or natural for it to be addressed, you'll get the answer. Until then, feel free to speculate away!
Is the father still alive?
08/15/2016 10:23 AMPosted by FeiLongRules
Is the father still alive?

Define alive.
08/15/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Michael Chu
Great question! Someone also asked this during our Ana panel at Comic-Con, and I tried to address it (though, apologies in advance, I didn't give the definitive answer).

In-universe, the identity of Pharah's father is not considered to be a secret (Pharah knows who her father is). However, we haven't revealed it in the game or any of the related comics or animated shorts (or anywhere else outside of game).

When a story or opportunity where it feels appropriate or natural for it to be addressed, you'll get the answer. Until then, feel free to speculate away!

im da papi
I got $20 on Jack Morrison.

Who wants a piece of this action?
Roadhog
Can I vote for the "South Park Twist" and say it's Ana?
I don't think it necessarily needs to be an Overwatch member. Probably just a normal civilian or non-hero. I mean, who is anyone else's parent? It's possible that just her mom was a heroic Overwatch member and her dad might've just been a regular guy.
Zarya
Maybe we should ask for Maury's help. Gather every male that has been a part of the OverWatch team. Sounds like a plan, how about it guys?
08/15/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Michael Chu

TLDR
"We havent decided yet"
I dont think its 76.
08/15/2016 10:41 AMPosted by ButterFarts
Can I vote for the "South Park Twist" and say it's Ana?

"But meeeeehhhhhhmmm, I want Nano Poofs!"

And now that I have seen a South Park-ized Overwatch in my head, I cannot unsee it.