People hate Genji because he has Style

General Discussion
People don't like getting styled on. Simple as that. It makes them salty. Lets face it does Genji have a better K/D ratio in a match than someone such as Reaper or McCree or Tracer? nope.

But the way in which Genji gets his kills, using his ULT and then dashing in and slaughtering people gets their knickers in a twist. That weeabo action is just too hot for them. Being killed by Genji's ULT is the same as being the bad guy in a Ninja Filck. You're just a pathetic sub-par human being compared to the protagonist Ninja who is the star of the show.

I'm going to compare the Genji phenomenon to a game of Football (or Soccer for Amercians). imagine there's a player on the pitch doing loads of fancy footwork. And nuttnegging (putting the ball through other players legs). What's going to happen? that's right rage and jealousy. Even if that player is not scoring massive amounts of goals, it doesn't matter. Players will still feel as if they're being utterly destroyed and humiliated.

This is a bit like Genji in Overwatch. He flips around, he dashes around. He throws shurikens and does crazy ninja !@#$. How do the other players feel about that? being triple headshotted by three shurikens from across the other side of the map. And then Genji Swoops in and Swift Strikes and melee combos. And leaves you on the floor defeated. Defeated by a master Ninja. HUMILIATED because even your guns could not do a thing to Genji's masterful ability to deflect.

And lets not even talk about Genji's ULT. The amount of skill and twitch reflexes involved in team wiping with Genji's ULT is going to make any opponent sour to the core. I'm sure a few players have even shed tears in anger and rage after Genji swooped in with his Dragon Sword and decimated your team. Of course Reaper can do the same as well, and with a lot less effort. Reaper just has to press Q and will unleash death in a 10m radius. But Reaper doesn't team wipe with such style and finesse. It doesn't hurt to the core the same as a master Ninja swooping in and turning your entire team into sushi, MANUALLY by hand.. Does it?

In the end. Genji is as advertised. A high skill character. The problem is players can't handle being OUT-SKILLED. Even if the character is balanced (and stats prove that of course Genji is by no means overpowered). Players still can't accept being killed by a character which requires more skill and finesse than the character they're playing as. There fore, NERF.
Bro, if you want ninja style play naruto or something.

In this game we want teh balance ^_^
Genji is balanced. The stats prove it. There simply is nothing which directly points at Genji being Overpowered. The problem is as I said all superficial. It's the way in which Genji is played and how he interacts with the game which angers people.
08/14/2016 04:11 PMPosted by MudShadow
Genji is balanced. The stats prove it. There simply is nothing which directly points at Genji being Overpowered. The problem is as I said all superficial. It's the way in which Genji is played and how he interacts with the game which angers people.

Link to stats? He has the most lethal ult in the game statistically.

As people have mentioned about stats before, the millions of absolutely terrible Genjis out there skew the stats as a whole, hiding the fact that people who are good at Genji are near unbeatable, and that the whole current meta right now is about which team has a better Genji on it.
They hated Genji players and told them to get good.
When they got good now he is op.

Community can eat a fat one far as I am concern. They hate it because genji players are better and look better putting them in their place.

Where are the nerfs huh? Don't see any coming noobs.
08/14/2016 03:57 PMPosted by MudShadow
People don't like getting styled on. Simple as that. It makes them salty. Lets face it does Genji have a better K/D ratio in a match than someone such as Reaper or McCree or Tracer? nope.

But the way in which Genji gets his kills, using his ULT and then dashing in and slaughtering people gets their knickers in a twist. That weeabo action is just too hot for them. Being killed by Genji's ULT is the same as being the bad guy in a Ninja Filck. You're just a pathetic sub-par human being compared to the protagonist Ninja who is the star of the show.

I'm going to compare the Genji phenomenon to a game of Football (or Soccer for Amercians). imagine there's a player on the pitch doing loads of fancy footwork. And nuttnegging (putting the ball through other players legs). What's going to happen? that's right rage and jealousy. Even if that player is not scoring massive amounts of goals, it doesn't matter. Players will still feel as if they're being utterly destroyed and humiliated.

This is a bit like Genji in Overwatch. He flips around, he dashes around. He throws shurikens and does crazy ninja !@#$. How do the other players feel about that? being triple headshotted by three shurikens from across the other side of the map. And then Genji Swoops in and Swift Strikes and melee combos. And leaves you on the floor defeated. Defeated by a master Ninja. HUMILIATED because even your guns could not do a thing to Genji's masterful ability to deflect.

And lets not even talk about Genji's ULT. The amount of skill and twitch reflexes involved in team wiping with Genji's ULT is going to make any opponent sour to the core. I'm sure a few players have even shed tears in anger and rage after Genji swooped in with his Dragon Sword and decimated your team. Of course Reaper can do the same as well, and with a lot less effort. Reaper just has to press Q and will unleash death in a 10m radius. But Reaper doesn't team wipe with such style and finesse. It doesn't hurt to the core the same as a master Ninja swooping in and turning your entire team into sushi, MANUALLY by hand.. Does it?

In the end. Genji is as advertised. A high skill character. The problem is players can't handle being OUT-SKILLED. Even if the character is balanced (and stats prove that of course Genji is by no means overpowered). Players still can't accept being killed by a character which requires more skill and finesse than the character they're playing as. There fore, NERF.

They is no style to genji other than extremely forgiving hit boxes.

I got good by making a double jump spam macro... Plz
This was hilarious to read
Spacebar - Spacebar - Spacebar - Spacebar - Spacebar - Spacebar - Spacebar - kind of style?
pfft. genji be a cyborg ninja, metal gear solid did that decades ago and neuromancer dun it a decade before that. he ain't got no styyyle, he's a cliche dawg.

now d.va, she got style. she even got a little rabbit keychain hangin' off her gun. now dat's style baby.
08/14/2016 04:18 PMPosted by BeefySleet
08/14/2016 04:11 PMPosted by MudShadow

Link to stats? He has the most lethal ult in the game statistically.

As people have mentioned about stats before, the millions of absolutely terrible Genjis out there skew the stats as a whole, hiding the fact that people who are good at Genji are near unbeatable, and that the whole current meta right now is about which team has a better Genji on it.

AH I see now. All the bad players make Genji's stats sub-optimal. And even the good players can not make his stats look good. Even though the good players are playing as a overpowered character. They can not counter-act all the bad players. I got you.

And I quote " people who are good at Genji are near unbeatable"\
Then why is Genji C tier in tournamnets again? wait don't tell me. It's because in tournaments Genji's overpoweredness is not overpowered. Because in tournaments they use team-work. And teamwork is only effective against Genji and none of the other characters. I got you I got you.

Yes it all makes sense. Genji is a oveprowered character with average or balanced stats because of the bad players who play this game. And even though he is overpowered. The reason he is only C tier in tournamanets is because in tournaments they don't like to use overpowered characters. Because of teamwork. This is correct right? It all makes sense. Thank you.
[Literal wall of text about how Naruto is the pinnacle of human culture or something]

You are the most pretentious manchild I have come upon in a long time, this !@#$ right here is comedy gold.
Just a bunch of cry baby, nice troll tho.

L2p genji haters.
08/14/2016 04:35 PMPosted by aina
[Literal wall of text about how Naruto is the pinnacle of human culture or something]

You are the most pretentious manchild I have come upon in a long time, this !@#$ right here is comedy gold.

Wait... are you saying I am a man-child, or that I pretend to be a man-child? I don't get it. Maybe take a English lesson so that people know what you're talking about.

Adults don't call each other manchildren.

Manchildren do that.

Wait... are you saying I am a man-child, or that I pretend to be a man-child? I don't get it. Maybe take a English lesson so that people know what you're talking about.

No, I am saying you are pretentious (an adjective) AND that you are a manchild (a descriptive noun). Maybe you should take english classes so that you can better understand what people are trying to tell you.

Then again, maybe you shouldn't - it'd butt in on your Japanese studies.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Adults don't call each other manchildren.

Manchildren do that.

That is a very contradictory statement. You are heavily implying that I am a manchild by saying that, but if your idea is true that would make you a manchild as well for making that assumption. We just went full manchild-circle, ladies and manchildren.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, I am saying you are pretentious (an adjective) AND that you are a manchild (a descriptive noun). Maybe you should take english classes so that you can better understand what people are trying to tell you.

Then again, maybe you shouldn't - it'd butt in on your Japanese studies.

Yes I am a man-child. Just the way you like em right? that's why you're mad of course. Don't worry baby I treat you like a lady. But pics first ok.
"People don't like getting styled on."

I stopped reading right there. Come back when you know how to explain yourself in proper English.
08/14/2016 04:28 PMPosted by Rager
They hated Genji players and told them to get good.
When they got good now he is op.

Community can eat a fat one far as I am concern. They hate it because genji players are better and look better putting them in their place.

Where are the nerfs huh? Don't see any coming noobs.

Oh hey, it's the skill rating 39 Genji main from that other thread who talks about how good he is. Have fun being in the 6% worst segment of the playerbase. I'm sure if you tell enough people you're good, it'll be true someday.
08/14/2016 05:02 PMPosted by Freakjob0
"People don't like getting styled on."

I stopped reading right there. Come back when you know how to explain yourself in proper English.

You have a brain. You could use it.

When us Genji players kill you. It looks cool, and we always ALWAYS have a grin on our face when we do it.