Genji mobility nerf is too much.

General Discussion
After playing a bit genji on the PTR, i'm fairly ok with the nerf of his ultimate, and his fix on the combo isn't such big of a deal since you had to be really up close to someone to pull it off, which doesn't happens that often in a game.

What bother me is his nerf to his mobility ; why ?

Does most people where complaining about his mechanic which make him fun, engaging to play ( and unique ) ? Most people where saying that his ultimate should be nerfed, and i'm totally ok with that, it was true, his ultimate was a bit off and now that it's nerf it would take even more skill to pull one off correctly, it'll differentiate good genji from bad, and that's a good thing since genji is one of the most " top skill " character in overwatch.

But nerfing his mobility make him so clunky to play, it make his playstyle much less fun and engaging, it annihilate his " go in and get out " playstyle, there is so much area now where you can't do that because of it.

Since the nerf of WM i never thought i would find another nerf making a fun hero clunky to play, and i was wrong, that's sad.
he's already the only hero with 2 mobility passives (doublejump and wallclimb)
and his mobility skill can have its cooldown reset (dash)

overreact much?
He has a wall climb.
He has a dash.
He has a double jump.

Why do genji players want literally everything.
Why does he need a THIRD jump on top of a wall climb on a double jump, jesus christ.

No, it doesn't make him clunky, you're just not used to it. Stop regurgitating what other genji apologists say.
The thing that they patched was an exploit. It's most likely not going to be added back in.
Because it's part of the gameplay mechanic ? Simple as that, i'm not the only one complaining about this issue, seagull and shadder think the same, top tier genji for people who don't know.

And for saying i wan't everything you must be blind, i didn't asked for his ulti to be brought back to 8sc, i didn't asked for his combo to stay.

I'm asking to have the mechanic which make him fun to play brought back.
08/21/2016 03:40 PMPosted by KawaiiDesu

No, it doesn't make him clunky, you're just not used to it. Stop regurgitating what other genji apologists are saying.

Genji apologists.

Oh man, that's a new one
Can someone link his master overwatch so we can laugh at how he never plays anything but Genji
08/21/2016 03:39 PMPosted by Vhein
the mechanic which make him fun to play brought back.

because clearly only having wallclimb and doublejump and dash makes him not fun at all. ermahgerd

i'm surprised you're not asking for him to just be able to !@#$ing fly indefinitely

08/21/2016 03:45 PMPosted by Ralhern
Can someone link his master overwatch so we can laugh at how he never plays anything but Genji

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Vhein-2842
08/21/2016 03:28 PMPosted by Vhein
After playing a bit genji on the PTR, i'm fairly ok with the nerf of his ultimate, and his fix on the combo isn't such big of a deal since you had to be really up close to someone to pull it off, which doesn't happens that often in a game.

Does most people where complaining about his mechanic which make him fun, engaging to play ( and unique ) ? Most people where saying that his ultimate should be nerfed, and i'm totally ok with that, it was true, his ultimate was a bit off and now that it's nerf it would take even more skill to pull one off correctly, it'll differentiate good genji from bad, and that's a good thing since genji is one of the most " top skill " character in overwatch.

But nerfing his mobility make him so clunky to play, it make his playstyle much less fun and engaging, it annihilate his " go in and get out " playstyle, there is so much area now where you can't do that because of it.

Since the nerf of WM i never thought i would find another nerf making a fun hero clunky to play, and i was wrong, that's sad.

No.
Hey Guys Look! Is a genji main XD
I really dont know why they're complaining so much, they're about just as annoying as before, their team-wipe potential just went down. They still have dash resets, they're still no fun to play against, they still have no real counter, so what's the issue?
08/21/2016 03:49 PMPosted by ThatBoiBuff
Hey Guys Look! Is a genji main XD

R you ok?
08/21/2016 03:28 PMPosted by Vhein

McCree was always "chunky" to play, and now it's like swimming around in day old peanut butter with your eyes crusted shut. I still play him. "Adjusting" to your favorite character isn't -that- difficult.
08/21/2016 03:59 PMPosted by KawaiiDesu
I really dont know why they're complaining so much, they're about just as annoying as before, their team-wipe potential just went down. They still have dash resets, they're still no fun to play against, they still have no real counter, so what's the issue?

"No real counter" huh? I'm sorry but you're putting yourself in the "omg bastion is OP plz nerf" category of noob when you say that. Given the rest of your posts in this thread you just have an agenda to have Genji as a character nerfed as hard as possible (I'm sure you would take ADDITIONAL nerfs as much as you could get at this point) and don't really have any care for balanced characters in the first place.

Genji's ult matched up awkwardly with support ults so that you would generally have to delay the support ult or risk dying to sword just after it ran out anyways so it's understandable that the duration of sword was nerfed.

Genji's "Combo" was unintuitive and created a large gap of 'in the know' knowledge that you were required to have to play the character well, and consequently that the character had to be balanced around. It makes sense to remove it and then reevaluate his damage potential without it. I will personally laugh very, very hard if this ends up leading to a slight damage buff for Genji's main attacks.

I can understand the reasoning of nerfing triple jump because it was potentially unintuitive, but honestly I don't think that is a very strong reason because one has to learn how wall climb and double jump function specifically for the character anyways and double jump doesn't implicitly imply that it can only be used after being on the ground.
Whine thread #532984293849238492389418394821983421983213
someone who uses genji far more than any other hero complaining about the exploit fix?

you dont say
08/21/2016 05:22 PMPosted by Karock
"No real counter" huh? I'm sorry but you're putting yourself in the "omg bastion is OP plz nerf" category of noob when you say that.
Yet you didn't tell me a single counter to him.
08/21/2016 06:13 PMPosted by KawaiiDesu
08/21/2016 05:22 PMPosted by Karock
"No real counter" huh? I'm sorry but you're putting yourself in the "omg bastion is OP plz nerf" category of noob when you say that.
Yet you didn't tell me a single counter to him.

Roadhog
08/21/2016 06:27 PMPosted by SurrealEcho
08/21/2016 06:13 PMPosted by KawaiiDesu
... Yet you didn't tell me a single counter to him.

Roadhog
Reflect is a counterplay to the hook. Roadhog has no way to highground, shotgun is too short range to do any substantial damage without the hook. This is a toss-up, not a counter.