No one mains like Genji mains

General Discussion
NO u wrong, i saw a lot of torbj mains, bastion mains, junkrat mains, hanzo mains, and very few genji mains, you are blind man, u see what u want to see
My highest played character is Symmetra, of all characters, specifically because on Defense and most KotH matches, she is just incredibly effective at combating enemy Genji players who try to deflect her targeted laser (which is just laughable) and they rush into an area where I placed 1 turret and they manage to die. To that ONE turret. He has been such a rampant scourge, with over a 100% play rate in any of the games I've been in (meaning, more than one Genji per match), that busting out Symmetra resulted in plenty of wins. I do try to swap it up and play Tracer, Ana, Junkrat, and I used to play Hanzo before he received so much grief I put him down (but he's making a resurgence as I stop caring what others think). I'm at once going to miss the Genji meta for how badass they made me feel as Symmetra (talking fairly consistent PotG's w/o need for Q) but I also welcome the opportunity to resume playing OTHER characters again, as she won't be as necessary in a match to thwart ONE ENEMY character. So cry moar, Genji mains. His death is freeing for a "Symmetra main"
08/18/2016 02:37 PMPosted by penPPR
Do you grief Mercy mains? Or Winston mains? Or Lucio mains? Or Torb mains? Or any main for that matter?

I've never met these mythical creatures.
Played with an Ana main today.

I've found someone worse than Genji mains.
08/18/2016 02:32 PMPosted by Tucci
08/18/2016 02:29 PMPosted by rzxvc
He's got no numbers and factual evidence.

A bold strategy, Cotton, Let's see if it pays off for him.

Just count the threads that say "I main Genji, you ruined my favorite hero, I have 300 hours into this hero, etc. etc."

I don't think I've seen a single hero "mained" harder than Genji.

count the posts of the litlle whiny b1tches who cry for genji nerf when they are to retarded to shoot him while he deflect
08/19/2016 08:50 AMPosted by Kosh
Do you grief Mercy mains? Or Winston mains? Or Lucio mains? Or Torb mains? Or any main for that matter?

I main Mercy, Winston, Lucio and Reinhardt. AMA.
08/19/2016 08:56 AMPosted by zuhah
08/18/2016 02:32 PMPosted by Tucci

Just count the threads that say "I main Genji, you ruined my favorite hero, I have 300 hours into this hero, etc. etc."

I don't think I've seen a single hero "mained" harder than Genji.

count the posts of the litlle whiny b1tches who cry for genji nerf when they are to retarded to shoot him while he deflect

Just think how dumb/bad the average Overwatch player is.

Then remember half is even dumber/worse. You got the reason for the nerfs and how this forum works in a nutshell.
08/19/2016 07:14 AMPosted by dittohead
08/18/2016 04:50 PMPosted by poochie
Genji is a hero that needs you to put in a lot of time to get good. That's why a lot of Genji are "Genji mains."

He is difficult to play effectively. I know a lot of people say he's easy but that's because they don't play him. He's difficult to play for people who play him.

That's because his audience are 12-15y old kids who never played FPS games before. If you had previous FPS experiance, you'll need only to learn maps, and move paths .. And that's really, really, hard, highs skills needed, etc. :P

If you had previous fps experience, you can pick up most heroes in Overwatch easily, especially the hitscan type like 76, McCree, Reaper, Tracer. Your previous fps experience doesn't help much in playing Genji because in the vast majority of fps games your character cannot climb walls naturally or double jump, and projectile weapons are mostly specialty weapons not go-to damage weapon.

And, as I said before. Genji is easy to play for those who don't play him, so Genji is indeed easy for you to play.
08/19/2016 08:50 AMPosted by Kosh

Lucio main reporting in.

I mean, with all the Genjis, and lack of healers in general, someone's gotta do it.