soldier PTR change is actually a nerf

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
Highly Rated
https://m.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/4zj7tz/ptr_soldier76_change_is_actually_a_nerf/

It is actually a dps nerf. I went to a game and thought I felt like I was doing even less damage but wasnt sure, then saw this.

Im glad blizzard realizes he needs a buff but I think they messed this one up. At this point I think he just needs it back to original, or an actual damage increase
Highly Rated
Bump, very important topic that must be addressed.
Check this video out... Its about the 76 changes.

https://youtu.be/tJxkrlrw92k
This makes me a sad panda.
I don't get it, you can still 1-tap quickly without any bloom on PTR right now though, so his long range should be better.
Highly Rated
If u 1 tap over n over the time to kill someone becomes extremely long to the point hat there is zero reason to ever pick him
Highly Rated
why am i not surprised.
I wasn't sure either since I barely played him in the ptr, but I was just happy the spread was resetting faster at least. Damnit... ._.
What even was the soldier change? I've seen so many things about it that it confused me and I'm not exactly sure what it is at this point. Care to explain?
08/25/2016 10:43 AMPosted by Glow
I wasn't sure either since I barely played him in the ptr, but I was just happy the spread was resetting faster at least. Damnit... ._.

Ya i went in practice range and it felt better with spread resetting faster.. then I played him in a game and it felt really bad. He just doesnt do damage... it just gets healed up. At the end of the game he will have gold damage but its not real damage it just gets healed
08/25/2016 10:45 AMPosted by AleksaV
What even was the soldier change? I've seen so many things about it that it confused me and I'm not exactly sure what it is at this point. Care to explain?

His spread resets quicker but the spread starts after 3 shots instead of 4th or 5th
08/25/2016 10:47 AMPosted by Inztynct
08/25/2016 10:45 AMPosted by AleksaV

His spread resets quicker but the spread starts after 3 shots instead of 4th or 5th

Thanks, but what do you mean resets? While you continue to shoot the shots get tighter again?
please give back his old spread.
08/25/2016 10:29 AMPosted by KIZU
Check this video out... Its about the 76 changes.

https://youtu.be/tJxkrlrw92k

This is how I felt after trying him out, he isnt as good as launch 76, but he feels better than live 76
Since its PTR I don't see why they don't go all out with testing buffs for 76.
Just revert him back to the way he was at launch/closed beta. Geez, this is not rocket science. He worked then and he hasn't since they started meddling with him.
I dunno why they even touched him. He was fine before all these changes. When I got killed by him, I never felt it was cheesy or over powered.....ever since the changes, i am using him less and less and pick Mcree instead. I really liked Soldier too...now he's just frustrating to play with.
Is Blizzard afraid of reversing changes ?
Real question though.
Can we pls just make dad 76 good again. Revert him to the way he was a month ago. He wasn't any more op than mccree is now.
Hes easy to aim with and hes always tagging someone from a distance. Even if he doesnt get the killing blow. Hes always gets some kind of kill participation.