Sombra Twitter Theory, Help Test!

General Discussion
http://amomentincrime.com/
Since we now know that the site is updated manually, not automatically, and that it's not based off time as far as anybody can tell, let's put out some theories that could be causing it to climb.

One of mine is..... that blizzard is keeping track of some in-game metric, and once it hits certain milestones (such as 1000 zenyatta deaths/1000 Dorado victories/etc) somebody at blizzard updates the site.

Anyone else have any ideas they want to share?

Edit: Working theory is that the % is related to the number of twitter accounts the switched over. Help test by switching over your twitter name/symbol just like the others and tweeting a sombra quote. Whoever is updating that site could be watching for more tweets.
my idea is we have to wait, that's all, blizzard won't wait we do something, not logical
I possibly think that it should've came out yesterday, but due to the DDoS'ing they've pushed it back.

Who knows.
08/25/2016 10:14 AMPosted by TalesOfCards
my idea is we have to wait, that's all, blizzard won't wait we do something, not logical

Say it about their nerfes and buffs.
08/25/2016 10:14 AMPosted by Biolates
I possibly think that it should've came out yesterday, but due to the DDoS'ing they've pushed it back.

Who knows.

That's a reasonable conclusion, however, DDOSing hasn't stopped blizzard from releasing anything before. They simply ride out the storm.
08/25/2016 10:17 AMPosted by Valmarra
08/25/2016 10:14 AMPosted by Biolates

Who knows.

That's a reasonable conclusion, however, DDOSing hasn't stopped blizzard from releasing anything before. They simply ride out the storm.

Unless Sombra is the one DDOSing
my guess? it will hit 100 % on tuesday
08/25/2016 10:11 AMPosted by Valmarra

One of mine is..... that blizzard is keeping track of some in-game metric, and once it hits certain milestones (such as 1000 zenyatta deaths/1000 Dorado victories/etc) somebody at blizzard updates the site.

I doubt it would be this. The percentage increase has been really inconsistent. If it was a gameplay metric, it would have increased more steadily.
I already posted this in another topic, but just in case:

I was thinking about the "hacked" twitter accounts earlier... What if sharing the skycoder tweets themselves is the way to increase the counter? It could fit with the "transmitting information to active omnics" text, and it would also fit since the counter increased fast when they went up(when everybody was retweeting) and the later stop (since the tweets were already old by then).

Just grasping at straws here, but eh...
08/25/2016 10:19 AMPosted by buddhaSanger
08/25/2016 10:11 AMPosted by Valmarra

I doubt it would be this. The percentage increase has been really inconsistent. If it was a gameplay metric, it would have increased more steadily.

Not if you take into consideration there was likely more people than normal playing due to the hype and anticipation following the countdown timer on the forums.
08/25/2016 10:22 AMPosted by Vanagandr

I was thinking about the "hacked" twitter accounts earlier... What if sharing the skycoder tweets themselves is the way to increase the counter? It could fit with the "transmitting information to active omnics" text, and it would also fit since the counter increased fast when they went up(when everybody was retweeting) and the later stop (since the tweets were already old by then).

That's a good theory, as it fits the fast increase at first, and the slower increase observed currently.
Why can't it just be how much of the puzzle the community has solved? Until the Tracer Code is solved or more clues are released/discovered and then solved, it won't go up.

Let's assume that were to be true for a moment:

1. Which Skycoder tweets exactly? All of them? Only the *real ones* (overwatch.gg, unitlost afaik). A specific tweet?

2. Will they do something similar again? It's highly unlikely that a large group of people will start retweeting these tweets from now one. They are simply too old. Which would mean that the % would take weeks, maybe months to finish, or maybe never finish at all.

3. What are the exact metrics for this? Do they look at total number of retweets? Or the number of retweets in past minute/hour/day/whatever time period you want to choose?

To sum it up: It still seems unlikely, although it's certainly a possibility. My guess would be, that if this were to be true, that blizzard is planning on doing something similar today, increasing the percentage further.

That's a good theory, as it fits the fast increase at first, and the slower increase observed currently.

So I've been thinking along these lines since yesterday and your the first person I've seen look in this direction.

My theory was that those twitter people were omnics that were activated by the hack. Maybe if more people change thier twitter name to skycoder with the emblem the percentage would increase. This would make sense considering the website needs to be updated manually... meaning someone needs to search twitter in order to calculate the percentage.
08/25/2016 10:32 AMPosted by picklegrip

So I've been thinking along these lines since yesterday and your the first person I've seen look in this direction.

My theory was that those twitter people were omnics that were activated by the hack. Maybe if more people change thier twitter name to skycoder with the emblem. This would make sense considering the website needs to be updated manually... meaning someone needs to search twitter in order to calculate the percentage.

At least this way, people would have a direct way of influencing this.

Do we know how many people did that skycoder thing yesterday? Maybe its a number that can be divided by 5? That would then leave us with a number for 1%, which would mean we could try to get that amount of people to do it and see if there is an increase shortly after.
My guess is it will hit 100% around the time Blizzcon/Day of the Dead is happening which will lead to her reveal.
I think blizzard really want to release sombra soon. But it would be strange if she was released before all the clues were solved, so they are delaying her reveal to make sure the ARG is complete.
Actually, I just realized that this theory of having people change their twitter would be perfectly in line with yesterdays unitlost tweet asking "Where are the other 97%?"

We might actually be onto something with that one. Of course, no hard facts but better than nothing. I don't have twitter, but those who do should maybe start changing their name and profile pic for now, see if it does anything.
08/25/2016 10:35 AMPosted by CptKittens
My guess is it will hit 100% around the time Blizzcon/Day of the Dead is happening which will lead to her reveal.
Hmm I like the day of the dead Idea and it would seem fairly appropriate but its just a bit too far away I think
08/25/2016 10:24 AMPosted by Valmarra

Should we all pretend to be hacked then?