Stop hyping; Update your damn game

General Discussion
1 2 3 18 Next
Highly Rated
Title. I'm getting really tired of all this Sombra hype, from numerous ARG's that were fun at first and are now tedium and stupid, to a countdown that just lead to another countdown that isn't doing anything... am I the only one uninterested in this crap anymore?

I honestly haven't played this game for a couple weeks now, because I played the !@#$ out of it (level 215 or so) and got bored due to a lack of new content. I've been waiting for a long time now for some actual content, and I've seen nothing. Call me selfish or say that I think I'm obligated to an update, whatever, it's not true. When I bought this game I expected to get new maps and heroes at least semi often. I didn't think it'd take two months of tedious code cracking just to get one additional hero to the lineup. This is just really stupid now.

Can't forget to mention the fact that they've FINALLY introduced a new map, but it's not even in the game yet - they don't even have a date for when it's coming out. Seriously? Your game is the quickest selling PC game of all time yet there's only been two actual updates (the addition of Ana, and Competitive - and no, I don't consider a few cosmetics to be a major update; that got boring a couple days after its release).

TLDR: Stop hyping your new content, and actually give us a date on it/actually release it. Until then, I've lost a good amount of interest in Sombra and in this game in general. Please do some damn updates.
Highly Rated
Bump
Highly Rated
i agree
All blizzard is is false hype. That's the ONLY thing they are good at. Of course, I don't buy any of it anymore. They put more attention into a cinematic hype video rather than good game design.
Highly Rated
yea dude i paid 40 bucks and pre ordered this game and i really expect to get new content semi often as well, so if we paid this much money why is the community working there asses off to code crack a single new character and yes i agree that it was fun and mysterious at first but its repetitive and annoying, not to mention they've made bank off this game so i think it wouldn't be to much to ask to pump out new content way faster they clearly have the money to pay there people up there at blizzard and they still refuse to give us what we want
08/24/2016 04:25 PMPosted by Ultra
All blizzard is is false hype. That's the ONLY thing they are good at. Of course, I don't buy any of it anymore. They put more attention into a cinematic hype video rather than good game design.
lol are the overwatch team a bunch of interns or the people working at blizzard. sometimes i cant even tell
Dude they give about the same amount of content as most other online games
Highly Rated
I'd like to see new game modes. Not just more heroes, more maps.

A new hero every 3 months and a new map every 6 months isn't going to cut it.
08/24/2016 04:30 PMPosted by Wowerror
Dude they give about the same amount of content as most other online games
...no they don't? I play Dota 2, a F2P game, and that game updates with actual new stuff way more often than this game - and even then Dota has so much more content and replay-ability that constant updates aren't even a necessity.
Highly Rated
The ARG stuff would be cool if it actually lead to us learning anything interesting about the character. But no, solve a puzzle, get a generic cryptic spanish quote. Yey
Highly Rated
08/24/2016 04:33 PMPosted by Bowz
The ARG stuff would be cool if it actually lead to us learning anything interesting about the character. But no, solve a puzzle, get a generic cryptic spanish quote. Yey
lolthis. Days of code cracking just to get more 'Okay... now the real fun starts!!!!'. They've literally repeated this same thing, just worded a little different, in every code that has come out.
well since when they released competitive mode we have had a new content every 15 days
they kinda dont care if we crack the codes i feel like if we crack a code they acknowledge it but just say after each one "LETS MAKE EVEN HARDER" as if the last one didn't mean anything
Highly Rated
08/24/2016 04:37 PMPosted by Arabum
well since when they released competitive mode we have had a new content every 15 days
I don't consider bug fixes and buffs and nerfs to be 'new content'.
Highly Rated
I'm glad to see i'm not the only person who's sick of this.
Highly Rated
The problem is that blizzard simply doesn't know how to do a good ARG.
It should have almost all the clues readily available or at least give a clue once people have gotten to a certain point, not just waiting for a new clue, getting everything out of it, and waiting again. And this countdown !@#$, like I stayed up 20 hours just to see the end, and it gave a SECOND COUNTDOWN LIKE WHAT THE %^-* BLIZZARD

and this new countdown is going at a !@#$%^- snail's pace
Highly Rated
Thank you for saying this. I'm honestly surprised you didn't get slaughtered with dislikes. It tells us that their are others out there with the same sentiment.
08/24/2016 04:37 PMPosted by Arabum
this is just expected from the developers to fix there game if something is broken this is not ADDING anything
As much as I dislike the trite and tired ARG Blizzard is making us endure, adding new content isn't simple as putting tons of money and man hours into something, it takes loads of brainstorming, designing, creating, testing, to make sure the new content fits into the game well and isn't broken or an unfitting cash grab.

IMO it's better to be tedious and put as much love into something as you can instead of just releasing it just to release content, it becomes much less sincere when you do that.

I know you're burned out on what is currently in the game, for that I apologize, but you can't just demand content that vastly changes the game because you're burned out.
I posted about the exact same thing, I 100% agree with you. Theres no point to giving us more and more clues to so simple sentences. I wish they would release her now this this ARG has gone a little two far.