Stop hyping; Update your damn game

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 18 Next
Remember when I said "watch some game journalist" make a post about this?

Go check kotaku
08/25/2016 05:09 PMPosted by Guntank

Go check kotaku

I literally read the post where you said that, skipped to this page, read this post, then checked Kotaku. Wow. XD
08/25/2016 05:35 PMPosted by McSqueeb117
08/25/2016 05:09 PMPosted by Guntank

Go check kotaku

I literally read the post where you said that, skipped to this page, read this post, then checked Kotaku. Wow. XD

Yeah it's click bait articles. Checking the reddit forums people aren't displeased with the ARG from what I hear their Discord is pretty active and people are having fun. This thread shows just how impatient people can get. Blizzard has being doing a good job with overwatch and I love how the developer team is so open with the players and continue to update overwatch and listen to feed back.

Now if Reinhard could have his shield regeneration buffed a bit like recharge 1 second faster that would be great
Man, OP's arrogance and entitlement is hilarious.
08/24/2016 04:30 PMPosted by Wowerror
Dude they give about the same amount of content as most other online games

Really now? Smite is a baby compared to overwatch and releases a God what every month? Then we have Sombra who still isn't out and chances are is going to be put on the bloody ptr before live.
08/25/2016 08:45 PMPosted by Power
08/24/2016 04:30 PMPosted by Wowerror
Dude they give about the same amount of content as most other online games

Really now? Smite is a baby compared to overwatch and releases a God what every month? Then we have Sombra who still isn't out and chances are is going to be put on the bloody ptr before live.

Whoa, they want people to TEST something before it's OUT??????

Holy !@#$ how EVIL. I demand justice.

Also lol@smite being a baby compared to Overwatch. Been out for 2 years more than Overwatch dude, and the company doesn't have 4 other major titles to watch after
08/24/2016 04:19 PMPosted by Beelzebub
Title. I'm getting really tired of all this Sombra hype, from numerous ARG's that were fun at first and are now tedium and stupid, to a countdown that just lead to another countdown that isn't doing anything... am I the only one uninterested in this crap anymore?

I honestly haven't played this game for a couple weeks now, because I played the !@#$ out of it (level 215 or so) and got bored due to a lack of new content. I've been waiting for a long time now for some actual content, and I've seen nothing. Call me selfish or say that I think I'm obligated to an update, whatever, it's not true. When I bought this game I expected to get new maps and heroes at least semi often. I didn't think it'd take two months of tedious code cracking just to get one additional hero to the lineup. This is just really stupid now.

Can't forget to mention the fact that they've FINALLY introduced a new map, but it's not even in the game yet - they don't even have a date for when it's coming out. Seriously? Your game is the quickest selling PC game of all time yet there's only been two actual updates (the addition of Ana, and Competitive - and no, I don't consider a few cosmetics to be a major update; that got boring a couple days after its release).

TLDR: Stop hyping your new content, and actually give us a date on it/actually release it. Until then, I've lost a good amount of interest in Sombra and in this game in general. Please do some damn updates.

Sombra's little games are not directed toward you and ppl who feel like you, for all you should care is that she's coming out soon^tm
Well thank you Blizzard for giving me more anxiety from Sombr@
There is so much hype for sombra, when she's released all that hype will turn into:

"Sombra's too OP thanks Blizzard"
"1 hero limit in QP, My entire team picked Sombra and forced me to go healer !.!"
"Blizzard could you do X with Sombra"
" I quit Sombra is too toxic for this game "
" Which legendary skin should I buy for Sombra "

call me pessimistic but, I'm sure when she's released I'm going to have my fill of her within the first 5 minutes.

If i had a release date I would predict

September when they launch season 2, they're going to release the new map emotes and balancing and turn the game on its head.

they're going to let you sweat for another 2 weeks thinking that the new content and comp is going to keep everyone entertained.

while they do hotfixes on the new map, they'll slip in her code
and then one day boom she'll just be a playable character.
08/25/2016 07:49 PMPosted by jeleopard
I don't think you know what arrogance means. I'm not entitled to anything, but I think this bull!@#$ hyping for two months and random puzzles that mean nothing needs to stop. They're literally building our hopes up for nothing.
08/26/2016 03:51 AMPosted by Beelzebub
I don't think you know what arrogance means. I'm not entitled to anything, but I think this bull!@#$ hyping for two months and random puzzles that mean nothing needs to stop. They're literally building our hopes up for nothing.

You can't tell them what to do dude... I actually find this hype and teasing cool thing and I've never seen such a way of advertising in any other game. MMORPG sites are spreading the news already about Blizzard teasing with players and all the hints they gave - it's simply bringing new players as well.

How long has it been since Ana was released? A month? You want Blizzard to bring a new hero every month just because you can't stand the hype? Not to mention it's not Blizzard's fault that you spammed literally whole forum with Sombra threads, as if 2-3 threads were not enough.

We have to admit that Blizzard is the king of commercials and building up the hype. The fact that Overwatch had been very popular even before it was released only proves it.
seriously; I know it's different people working on this, but you are still wasting time and money on this stupid ARG that could be going to things that ACTUALLY MATTER like balance and the addition of content.

Also pulling that countdown-into-another-countdown thing was ridiculously stupid. everyone hates when websites do that and every company, especially one as big as blizzard, should KNOW by now that everyone hates it. stop playing games and start working on your game.
Blizzard needs to do a lot better with the quantity of content they add to the game. A map every 3 months ? There should be 3 maps released every 3 months. This is what the other major players in the FPS space manage.

Content releases are far too slow. FPS games get stale fast without a good deal of new maps released at a decent pace.
Next thing Jeff does is saying "Sombra reveal was spoiled too early, which ruined everything for some people" when content reveal flops on belly.
Wow. The game was just released back in May. Give it time.
This gives the salt code a whole new meaning!
08/26/2016 04:37 AMPosted by RageCage
Wow. The game was just released back in May. Give it time.
I don't know how many times I need to cover this. They don't need time. They're teasing. Do you not know how teasing works? They're teasing Sombra to this extent, and this is more true now, because she is ready to be in the game. If she wasn't ready and won't be coming out for months now, they would not be teasing it to this extent. This is why me and other people are annoyed.
08/26/2016 03:51 AMPosted by Beelzebub

"I NEED MORE CONTENT"

"I'm not entitled to anything"

Uh okay.
Nobody ever said this Sombra stuff had anything to do with an update. It could just as easily be a side game for giggles, and clearly many have/are receiving said giggles.

Secret codes and animated shorts aren't my thing, but let whoever enjoys it enjoy it. It's YOUR fault for assuming/expecting that it will lead to anything other than more side-games. Maybe it is. I dunno.