The new possible meta/comp, The NiP strat.

General Discussion
This is taken from overbuff.com....

The NiP strat, the 3x3 strat, the Triple Support Triple Tank strat – however you want to call it – consists of Ana, Zenyatta, and Lucio on Support and Reinhardt, Zarya, and Winston/Roadhog on Tank. The strategy revolves around Ana’s ability to generate Nano-boost extremely quickly by spamming heals on targets beefy enough to stand up to opposing team’s poke damage. Once she’s reached full charge – often far earlier than any other Hero – she cashes in her ultimate on Reinhardt or Winston to get early pick-offs and charge the rest of the team’s ultimates in turn. Each team fight then cycles back and forth – either the Tanks drop their ultimates or Ana has a Nano-boost ready to go. It’s greedy, it’s weird, and with the nerf to Zenyatta’s Discord Orb in Season 2 it has become strangely effective. Notably, Reason Gaming used the NiP strat to knock FaZe into the losers bracket in the Gosugamers EU weekly, and LuxuryWatch Red – a Korean team – used it to great success on their way to winning the Gosugamers NA weekly.
Pros don’t really know what to make of it. It’s such a strange lineup that simply by practicing its execution gimps your team in running traditional strategies – the ultimate charge generation timings and the general playstyle is simply too different to translate to “traditional” play. That’s part of the reason NiP’s name became attached to the lineup – they were known for playing the NiP lineup and only the NiP lineup; if they ever reverted to a traditional team composition their level of play significantly decreased. That said, the teams that have mastered it seem to enjoy the lineup – even if it’s only because it’s fresh, new, and most importantly: winning. The teams which have had to face it and lost are understandably upset*, and quick to label it as “The New Cancer”. It certainly does have echoes of the old 2xReaper/2xWinston/2xLucio “Cancer Comp” of old, but one cannot fault the flashy-ness of Ana-based multikills. Time will tell if the NiP strat will become the new “new”, or if NiP-specific counters will arise.
Loving it.
i actually hoped we will be able to use all characters i this game effectively and still be able to win
Perfectly fine with it just so Ana finally gets a time to shine after all the hate she's been getting. lol
now instead of that one nerd on your team shouting: "WE NEED 2/2/2" he'll say "WE NEED 0/3/3!!!"

!@#$ meta lists, im going to play more bastion.
09/07/2016 03:14 AMPosted by lad
now instead of that one nerd on your team shouting: "WE NEED 2/2/2" he'll say "WE NEED 0/3/3!!!"

!@#$ meta lists, im going to play more bastion.

I have always seen Meta plays as boring plays, but always play more Bastion works for me as a plan.
This works amazingly just hard 2 find people willing to actually do it. Nobody wants to play as a team.
God, please don't let this be the Meta. It's just super cheap and cheesy and it's just going to lead to massive witch hunts of people wanting tanks and supports nerfed.
09/08/2016 08:40 AMPosted by Shadowstorm
God, please don't let this be the Meta. It's just super cheap and cheesy and it's just going to lead to massive witch hunts of people wanting tanks and supports nerfed.

Don't worry, I'm convinced it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get the MAJORITY of this game's playerbase to even TRY a Support hero.
This honestly seems like it would be fun. If you have a group of six. Doubt you'd get this to work with random players.
3 Ana's + 3 Reinhardt's = brutality
Cool strat, too bad it includes 0 DPS. Gonna have no luck convincing a solo q pug to do this
I mean I'm not surpirsed.

Tanks are only marginally worse at killing things to assault heroes, but then also have bigger hp bars, better ultimates and generally better abilities.

#TankMasterRace
If you ever see a competitive team without lucio then they are guaranteed to be throwing harder than IBP
This is the 3-3 meta I would absolutely love to follow. It makes 2-2-2 seem boring and makes 3-2-1 and 4-1-1 looks even dumber than it already is compared to 2-2-2.
Encountered this for the first time yesterday in Competitive Play on Ilios. It was extremely effective against my team, but we slightly adjusted for it. Pharah makes a decent choice against that hero composition, because then you have to rely more on the supports to take her out.
While I loved the NIP strat when it was first used because it was original. If it becomes the meta it will be boring again.
Just remembering, the team need to be extremely together as a team.
Full communication all the time, on who is going where? on who zenny orb is right now, is ana ult up?, or when to go agressive or when to go deffensive.
Btw, don't try to do this without any communication, maybe it will work sometimes,
But most of them you'll fail miserably.
09/08/2016 08:58 AMPosted by theRealOG
Cool strat, too bad it includes 0 DPS. Gonna have no luck convincing a solo q pug to do this

Compare a Rein ulti vs a McCree+Reaper+Pharah+Tracer+Soldier+Genji ult. One stunlocks a team, open for a Zarya ult or just a teamwipe in general while the others can be cancelled. Seriously, Have you seen Reinhardts that have done lots of teamwipes before Ana was even leaked or even thought to exist yet? Reinhardt's perfectly capable of that. Three or four out of of the five tanks we have in the game right now can teamwipe without the need of environmental kills on their own. Plus yeah, I've seen Winstons do teamwipes on the first point of Hanamura.

Compared to assault heroes, the tank heroes in the game right now are only marginally worse than assault heroes. I mean, Roadhog can 1-shot a Reaper (sometimes on just Right-click alone, sometimes just Left-click if he's close enough, but most of the time with the hook+left-click combo) or force reaper in Wraith form repetitively with an inch of his life left, so there goes Reaper the anti-tank.
This strat should not last very long in tournaments. It is basically cheese/pubstomp tier. It is much easier to execute than it is to counter, but a well-executed balanced comp. can kite and pick all the tanks off one-by-one. If the support players are better than your flankers/diver players, however, it's pretty much impossible to beat. It relies almost entirely on your Zen and Ana outplaying people.