LEAVING AFTER DEFEAT SCREEN: PERMANENT BAN

Bug Report
Prev 1 6 7 8 21 Next
Bump. Blizz pls.
I was always raging about leavers. This brings a whole new light to this. Pls Blizzard fix
BUMP. This just happened to me today and it's ridiculous. The game had just started and I was on defense. Then all of the sudden DISCONNECTED - lost connection to game server. I tried to rejoin match and then it wouldn't let me! I got suspended and lost 40 SR.
Unbelievable -- and nobody will help you at Blizzard. Nobody.
Makes me sick to my stomach.
It happened to me for the first time today, and I can say I was absolutely outraged. Blizzard, I get why you have your position, but I ask that you see these threads and re-evaluate what it means to the community. Hopefully for many it is not a regular enough problem to cripple their careers, but I fear for some that is already the case.
We're looking into a few issues now. The fact that a disconnected player is not able to rejoin a match is a bug. We're also looking at the buffer time given to a player to rejoin a match without getting a leaver penalty. We need to fix the bug first before we can address the second part. QA and our Server Engineers are actively working on this right now. Apologies I do not have an ETA. This might take 2-3 weeks to fix based on our current patching schedule but we'll do our best to try to fix it sooner.
3rd time today.
I don't want to get banned.
Bump this thread up.
09/26/2016 05:05 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're looking into a few issues now. The fact that a disconnected player is not able to rejoin a match is a bug. We're also looking at the buffer time given to a player to rejoin a match without getting a leaver penalty. We need to fix the bug first before we can address the second part. QA and our Server Engineers are actively working on this right now. Apologies I do not have an ETA. This might take 2-3 weeks to fix based on our current patching schedule but we'll do our best to try to fix it sooner.

Thank you, based Kaplan.

Thank you for a response!

Well then I guess it's settled - if this is a common issue for you (thankfully I haven't had it happen to me yet...knock on wood) I just recommend slowing down you playtime. I think that most of us would rather cut down on our playtime slightly in the next few weeks to avoid bans.

Finally..... Thank you Jeff

took you 4 months to notice this

@aLo we did it man finally
up
>Implements a 10 minute suspension for leavers and disconnects. With no leeway.
(https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/779493364706095104)
>Realizes this is a bad idea
>Posts on forum, insisting it is a bug, to help relieve the backlash
Lost multiple games due to some my friends disconnected and unable to join back... And yes, they get the temp ban as well..

I don't think the 1 minute timer is that necessary especially for pre-made teams...
And most of the time the teammates know if a guy is rage quitting or disconnecting... Why would anyone rage quit if the game plays smoothly?

For sure you still need to notify us someone disconnected so we can adjust the composition and play style, but as long as the game is still going (the teammates won't quit if they know the guy is not rage quitting), the player should still able to rejoin the match.

Thank you for answering.

With a proper way of communication, it is possible to be heard by Blizzard.

I will edit the initial post.

Thx Jeff, thx Blizzard
Same here. This "instant dc's" were i can also instantly reconnect with my account name and password but can't rejoin the game.

And Overwatch is warning me that i can get harder penalties if i continue leaving -.-
Not sure if i can continue playing Overwatch (ranked) if this may take 2-3 Weeks to get fixed. lol :)
Jeff, can you please explain the rationale behind the reason a timer has been instituted in the first place which prevents a player re-joining?

I can understand there being a necessity to set a timeframe after which people can leave and not be awarded a penalty, but I can not think of any circumstances under where a player re-joining a match would result in a negative experienve to anyone involved.
Twice now I have looked at highlights while waiting for queue and when it starts, I end the highlight and then I was still on the game menu but I can hear the sounds of the spawn room and the area and the music like I'm in it and even have a chat box and I have the option to rejoin match. This does absolutely nothing, as I click rejoin match and nothing happens but if I leave, I lose points and get a penalty and if I don't do anything, I get kicked for being afk. I guess I won't look at highlights anymore but this problem should be fixed for others before it happens to them.
Hold down your horses @aLo this is still not a solution yet they still need to put it patch notes first
09/26/2016 10:15 PMPosted by Koril
Hold down your horses @aLo this is still not a solution yet they still need to put it patch notes first

We trust their words
09/26/2016 04:36 PMPosted by May0berg
BUMP. This just happened to me today and it's ridiculous. The game had just started and I was on defense. Then all of the sudden DISCONNECTED - lost connection to game server. I tried to rejoin match and then it wouldn't let me! I got suspended and lost 40 SR.
Unbelievable -- and nobody will help you at Blizzard. Nobody.
Makes me sick to my stomach.

this happened to me few seconds ago 40sr for pre game DC