Decent Laptop for Overwatch

General Discussion
Hi, I'm a console Overwatch player and my group I play with is all getting new PCs/Laptops to play, I would like some help to find a good laptop that has slightly above recommended specs. My price range is around $500-$700 if it's not possible, how much money would I have to invest?
You need a laptop specifically designed for gaming. This means it must have a dedicated graphics.

They are very expensive and ultimately not worth the investment.

Your best option is to build your own PC. For the same price if not cheaper it will run faster, and will last longer.

Also, the laptops will last maybe 2 years and then you will want to sell it to upgrade.
http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion---15t-laptop-(touch-option-available)-t9y85av-1?jumpid=ba_r329_hhocse&aoid=44661&003=6663635&010=T9Y85AV_1&ci_sku=T9Y85AV_1&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=

Should be enough to run Overwatch marginally well, and is within your price range.

6th generation i5 mobile cpu, 8gb ddr4, and gtx 950m

This was literally the first result I found when searching "$600 gaming laptop" in Google. You can probably find better.
09/04/2016 05:17 PMPosted by BT160614
Hi, I'm a console Overwatch player and my group I play with is all getting new PCs/Laptops to play, I would like some help to find a good laptop that has slightly above recommended specs. My price range is around $500-$700 if it's not possible, how much money would I have to invest?

i own an alienware laptop which i used throughout college to play games. having owned one i would highly (HIGHLY) recommend you not buy a laptop for gaming. they can work great, but the cost is also great. you can spend 500 dollars and get a kick !@# gaming rig--do that, please.
Bestbuys Republic of Gamers 17 inch screen ASUS laptops for about 1000 bucks are pretty good. I used my first for about 5 years and this new one last 6 months.
i'm no tech support, but to save i got an "open box" laptop that was on sale from best buy that was guaranteed by theirs.

also, try using the search option. i've seen this question asked before and ppl responded with other sites like amazon. good luck.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154112&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Gaming+Laptops-_-N82E16834154112&gclid=Cj0KEQjwjK--BRCzv-Wyu4OTosEBEiQAgFp5OBtueSCfctrVMveOfoO-7k6fzYR8ohH8yqHDD04l3kcaAgDh8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

bam.
960m + i5 6300hq combo should be more than suitable.
You'll get a more powerful pc than you would for an equivalent laptop. And it's more economical in the long run as you can upgrade it.
I have a laptop Msi 950m+i5+10gb as backup. I get some frame drops some reason on all low on intense fights but it averages around 70~50fps
09/04/2016 05:46 PMPosted by Lobstroperus
You'll get a more powerful pc than you would for an equivalent laptop.

While not long ago this was very true, the gap between PC and laptop performance is almost non-existent these days. Especially when we are talking about the "performance vs. money spent" sweet spot, or best bang for your buck systems. A decent $600-$700 gaming PC will almost always mirror a decent $600-$700 gaming laptop these days in performance, with the main advantage of PC being easier to upgrade, and the main advantage of laptop being portability.
Consider buying a gpu dock for your current pc, instead of buying a gaming computer/laptop.
09/04/2016 05:24 PMPosted by Bootytime
Bestbuys Republic of Gamers 17 inch screen ASUS laptops for about 1000 bucks are pretty good. I used my first for about 5 years and this new one last 6 months.

I have one of those. Keyboard sucks, and I got mine second-hand from a friend, but it has served me well over the past few years.

I still need to save up for a proper gaming rig, though. I would highly recommend against getting a laptop.
09/04/2016 05:17 PMPosted by BT160614

I am a console going PC and wondering the same thing as well
Try using your pc to render the game and then stream to your laptop using steam in home streaming
Gaming laptops are never worth it, especially at your budget. You'll end up paying a lot of money for weaker specs, on a device that's much heavier and hotter than a normal laptop.

If you need mobility, get a cheap laptop or tablet, and use the rest of your money to build a desktop.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/ is a decent starting point for parts.
I don't know much about pcs, but I just picked up an Asus laptop from Best Buy for $750 (it's usually $1100) because it was on sale and they had an extra $150 off for college students. It runs Overwatch perfectly even though it isn't specifically a gaming laptop. Keep an eye out for sales and promos!