Does Blizzard even care?

General Discussion
Every day I see the same...
  • Griefers
  • Sabotagers, specifically Mei
  • Leechers evading kick for inactivity
  • Intentional feeding for ults to enemy team
  • Do I ever see these people get banned? No. I see them every time I'm on Overwatch. Why is there not even a report option for disruptive gameplay/gamechat?

Even if that was added, it's not like reports even gets results unless people mass abuse it to report someone. The system automutes people if they get mass reported, hilarious. I see this more abused by squads harassing people than to actual disruptive players. Come on guys.... you've got plenty of resources, fix this community and start taking action quicker.

How can you expect your players to respect the game when you're not respecting it?
    You have an extremely low ELO dude (1700), it sucks that many people doesnt take the game seriously in the rank youre in. The only thing you can really do is report them. I recommend maybe adding some people on the forums, and work together to get up to a rank where people takes the game more seriously.
    Bena, your post is a complete !@#$face that completely detracts from the topic I posted. It's not even about playing serious, it's about just playing the game, period. I'm not asking for perfect team compilation, I'm not asking people conform to what I think, I'm just wanting people to play the game regardless what hero they pick or how good/bad they are at it. They just need to not purposely drag the team down with their behavior both via gameplay and chat.

My rank has absolutely nothing to do with this nor has any bearings on my experiences. Since you seem to think so, for your information 6 of my 10 placement matches were screwed by the exact same behavior I listed above. Almost every game after that had at least 1-2 people doing it, I even had several duo squadders go mei spam %^-*ing their own team's game for the hell of it. Competitive play is even more cancerous than casual.

Again, leading back to original topic, I am only discussing the fact there's too much toxicity on this game due to the community base and a SEVERELY LACKING PRESSENCE of Blizzard's CS taking action against this behavior nor offering us the tools to do so via report, kick option, etc. There is simply no way to bypass this at all and that is why I went from like 50+ player friend list and 2 clans I was with... have become inactive. Everyone I know basically deleted this game due to the reasons I listed.
    Blizzard only want the money. Once u bought the game they dont care a s h it.
    09/22/2016 02:50 AMPosted by Bena007
    You have an extremely low ELO dude (1700), it sucks that many people doesnt take the game seriously in the rank youre in.

When you're ELO is that low, your only chance to climb out is to find like minded team mates to group with and climb out together. It will still be a pain in the !@#, but you can do it.
    Joined a gaming community so that I don't have to solo queue. Game has been 100 fold better for doing so.
    Been there done that, everyone quits and I'm the last one standing. Even squadding or clanning up doesn't remove the problem from the game but only lessens it. Two clans I joined died, my games have only gotten worse and worse the more I'm on. I've already deleted the game twice and took a step back. Each time I return, I see the game has progressed even worse. It's like a hole Blizzard cannot climb out of and repair.

It shouldn't be up to me to have to find ways to evade it happening to me personally. Blizzard should be getting a grip on the community or giving us the tools to do something about it.
    They also gave you a friends list. Go make some.
    If you're just here to be another toxic player, there's no purpose to you posting further here since you have nothing to contribute towards the topic Monk. You also clearly did not read anything I stated.
    Trying Rich, I'm trying... lol. Seems I still lose, I don't mind if it's a decent game and people tried. To me it's more about having fun trying rather than the win itself.

As the quote goes...
    It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.
    This and rage quits are a problem. I report them but I don't know if it's doing anything.

Nowadays I see a lot less insults and racism in chat compared to the first two months, so maybe Blizzard has been more aggressive on punishing these. They should do the same with trolls and rage quitters.
    I dipped down to 1900SR at one point, and the game became unbearable. People trolling with Mei and Symmetra, nobody even close to the objective, and some yelling at me to switch off healer "because we don't need 2 healers".

I can't imagine what it's like at 1700, but based on my 1900 games, I can understand your frustration. My only recommendation is to group up and win your way out of the cesspool of trolls and griefers.
    09/22/2016 02:56 AMPosted by MonkHound
    Joined a gaming community so that I don't have to solo queue. Game has been 100 fold better for doing so.

yeah, I cant wrap my mind around that either, how can people expect solo queue to be anything but brainmeltingly frustrating?

especially since this is nothing new, griefers and morons are everywhere. there is no game out there having ranked matches where you DONT want to rip some heads off while going solo. this is nothing unique to overwatch, you choose randoms, you get randoms. *shrug* interestingly tho, I always liked going solo....guess I like the challenge to carry a team of morons and once in a while, you even meet good players.

when there is ranked, there is salt. sadly increasing over the last decade, at least that's how I feel.

anyway, you played with 50+ people but somehow still managed to have griefers on your team? (since that is what you are lamenting about and is, according to you, the reason why all those people stopped playing?)
    09/22/2016 02:54 AMPosted by Ocean

If that was true though we'd be paying for each additional character and map.
    @Charon
    Why is it that no one seems to be capable of reading or having intelligence?

I had 50+ friends but they went inactive/quit permanently because of the problems I list in original post. You brought something else worth noticing too, how greifers can be on teams even in squads. Let's see, there's 6 players to a team so assuming you can consistently get 6 friends/clannies... there will be chances of having a random.

@Nico
    Yeah I used to have many friends to play with and it was a toxic in the beginning but it was easy to anti-troll it or befriend those people when they saw we're chill. Now? I find it's extremely hard to find anyone decent to be friends with. I feel I'd have to befriend some of the toxic players just so I have people to play with but then they'll just be toxic to others. I'd rather not be with them at all then.

@Lamesauce
    I couldn't possibly know what it's like 1900+ because I can't make it high enough. My placement matches were sabotaged and most of them I was on a duo or trio squad too. We just got stuck with poor people often unfortunately and eventually quit 2 of the 6 sabotaged games willingly accepting the timeout penalty. There was no point to staying when a duo Mei was spamming ice walls to block us or trap us with enemy without escape or support.
    09/22/2016 03:33 AMPosted by Oreo
    @Charon
    Why is it that no one seems to be capable of reading or having intelligence?

I had 50+ friends but they went inactive/quit permanently because of the problems I list in original post. You brought something else worth noticing too, how greifers can be on teams even in squads. Let's see, there's 6 players to a team so assuming you can consistently get 6 friends/clannies... there will be chances of having a random.

okay, so what's the point of having a clan when you cant bring 6 people together for placement matches? hell, I'm NOT in a clan and manage this frequently. granted, occasionally just 4-5, but even this reduces chances of griefing randoms considerably. most of the time, if they (randoms) pick something less useful, we just KINDLY ask to switch to something else. you'd be surprised how often they willingly comply if you ask them nicely. everything else is just gaming and or internet in general. I cant remember a recent online game not having issues with griefers. when there's an easy way to troll/kill/gank, they will do it, just to see the world burn.

besides the fact that I get the feeling YOU might be the toxicity problem here ("to be capable of reading or having intelligence"), your argument is still a paradox. so 50+ people left due to sabotage/griefing when sabotage/griefing is not possible with a decent (read: not toxic) 6 player team?

and last but not least, ANY useful improvement suggestion? because "u money, fix da community" is, sorry to say that, incredibly naive. how do you fix a$$holes? if there's a team mate hell bent on screwing with you, there's not much they can do.
    doesn't seem like they do.
    09/22/2016 03:23 AMPosted by jmido
    09/22/2016 02:54 AMPosted by Ocean

If that was true though we'd be paying for each additional character and map.

Not needed. You are paying 40€ for a game without campaign and that can´t be played solo in competitive.

A total ruin. Believe me, thats enough. It is a lot of money for blizzard and as they dont work in fix their s h it, they save money.

The question is how many games blizzard can do were u feel cheated after play them. U know, people is not retarded and they will not buy again a fraud like this... starcraft brood war was a total ruin with so many cheaters, diablo 3 sucked hard, now this Overwatch troll game...

Blizzard you suck.
    09/22/2016 02:52 AMPosted by Oreo
    My rank has absolutely nothing to do with this nor has any bearings on my experiences. Since you seem to think so, for your information 6 of my 10 placement matches were screwed by the exact same behavior I listed above. Almost every game after that had at least 1-2 people doing it, I even had several duo squadders go mei spam %^-*ing their own team's game for the hell of it. Competitive play is even more cancerous than casual.

He is saying your rank has a lot to do with it...because it does. I had a similar experience in my placement matches, and I'm now trying to claw my way out of Silver ELO hell just like you.

What I can tell you is that I've grouped with folks in Bronze and in the lower end of Silver. I was having monster performances as an individual, but my teams were often too bad to carry for reasons like you mentioned above. It got to the point that I had to say enough and go back to solo queue in order to get better teammates. At my solo queue SR, I get on teams with a lot of low end Golds or former Golds. The trolling and outright incompetence is considerably less.

Am I saying that Gold will mean you get ideal team comps and tactical play? No. There are still a lot of 1/4/1s and bizarre picks like attack Torb. But it's noticeably better than mid-range Silver, and much better than Bronze.

I'd suggest looking for groups of 3-6, and/or grouping with higher ranked friends. Also, pay attention to the time of day. From 3pm-5pm in each time zone, you'll have a lot of kids playing afterschool while adults aren't home from work yet. I've also found that late night (10pm-3am Central) is pretty good, but bleeds into an early morning (5am-10am Central) stretch that is just awful...which I attribute to folks trying to get a quick game before work/school or West Coasters whose eyes are starting to cross on the tail end of a long session.
    I think you mean 'saboteurs', not "sabotagers".