Loot Boxes

General Discussion
Simple question I hope.

Is it ever a viable choice to not turn in boxes, like saving them up for potential season loot?
No, mainly because the RNG is already set once you get your loot boxes, thus it's not point in saving them for events since it won't be event loot boxes.
No, mainly because the RNG is already set once you get your loot boxes, thus it's not point in saving them for events since it won't be event loot boxes.
Thanks
10/03/2016 06:02 PMPosted by Odunrell
Simple question I hope.

Is it ever a viable choice to not turn in boxes, like saving them up for potential season loot?

The streamer MOONMOON has been saving up his loot boxes for some time now since he heard that someone on reddit data mined the game and found that if you save 100 loot boxes through leveling, they'll become a "diamond loot box" with special loot in them. No idea how true this is, but hey if you've got the patience why not?
That seems awfully farfetched, but if anything tedious as all hell lol
10/03/2016 06:13 PMPosted by Armsdragon18
10/03/2016 06:02 PMPosted by Odunrell
Simple question I hope.

The streamer MOONMOON has been saving up his loot boxes for some time now since he heard that someone on reddit data mined the game and found that if you save 100 loot boxes through leveling, they'll become a "diamond loot box" with special loot in them. No idea how true this is, but hey if you've got the patience why not?

people still believe that? lol
Couldn't you just buy 100 loot boxes to test that theory?
10/03/2016 06:40 PMPosted by Odunrell
Couldn't you just buy 100 loot boxes to test that theory?
100 lootboxes from leveling. late, but yeah
Love watching MOONMOON and collecting too myself lulz
Here's a few good reasons:

1. They won't improve the game on a technical level. Some skins are actually worse for you since they have bright colors (ie: easier to spot)
2. The original design already looks good.
3. Loot box mechanic is a proven method to get players addicted. CoD does it, freemium games do it, and if you don't open em, you can't get addicted.

If none of these have sold you on the premise, then open boxes as soon as you get them. Box contents are predetermined when earned, and won't contain any new loot if they are stockpiled.

Incidentally, how many boxes are you allowed to stockpile before they stop counting (ie: 999 and then you gain levels but not earn boxes, etc)
10/05/2016 10:45 AMPosted by Ragosta
Here's a few good reasons:

1. They won't improve the game on a technical level. Some skins are actually worse for you since they have bright colors (ie: easier to spot)
2. The original design already looks good.
3. Loot box mechanic is a proven method to get players addicted. CoD does it, freemium games do it, and if you don't open em, you can't get addicted.

If none of these have sold you on the premise, then open boxes as soon as you get them. Box contents are predetermined when earned, and won't contain any new loot if they are stockpiled.

Incidentally, how many boxes are you allowed to stockpile before they stop counting (ie: 999 and then you gain levels but not earn boxes, etc)

I don't find that true at all I currently have 74 lootboxes and I'm still quite enjoying the game. Sure at my level I mostly only get dupes anyway but it's not like the game itself isn't enjoyable on its own.
I would stockpile currency, however, now that we can buy event items.