Ranking: Makes Perfect Sense...

General Discussion
Game: "Congratulations on your three gold medals in Kills, Objective Kills, and Damage! You were the best on your team and did your absolute best to carry the goofballs who insisted on playing Bastion & Ana.

But your team lost, so, minus points for you."

Me: ". . . ."

Game: "Sorry that two of your team quit/dropped/disconnected half way through your game! Obviously, that put your team at a nigh-insurmountable disadvantage. You're in no way to blame for your team's loss!

If my team loses with a player as great as me, it's THEIR fault. Period.
Because it's a team game, so if your team lost, then all of you get penalized.

Because it's a team game.
10/09/2016 02:33 PMPosted by BT160919

But it's an individual ranking.

It doesn't matter how good you are right now, just how lucky.
10/09/2016 02:35 PMPosted by Maverick

But it's an individual ranking.

It doesn't matter how good you are right now, just how lucky.

if how lucky you are mattered that much then the pros wouldnt be as high rating as they constantly are. if you deserve a rank you will eventually have that rank.
The system ranks you by individual skill over a long period of time. Everything in between is heavily based on luck.
RIP Rein/Winstons - Low Medals, No Points For You!

Fine... then why aren't all teammates ranked equally? why are still tanks and supports getting the short end of the stick? is a team game so no personal glory should be accounted for placements, carries or anything else.
Pros are ranked high because they constantly play with other great players and climb the ranks.

When I was doing my 10 placements I was with a decent squad to beat a team with 2 top 500 icons pretty easily. Had they been playing with 4 more top 500 players I am sure we would have gotten waxed.

The issues are in the ranking numbers and the amount of possible ranks. When I was a 67 in season 2 and I got paired up with a 60, 64, 72 etc., I had a fair idea of their abilities and skills.

Now I'm season 2, we have season 1 53's playing in Platinum with season 1 65's. I have a season 1 70 on my FL that still hasn't gotten into Diamond.

There's a massive pile of crap ranked 2,500 - 3,100. Are there good players in there? Yes. But there a huge majority of players who get carried from gold to Platinum. Then you're a diamond solo queuer that gets Platinum players on your team that were season 1 53's and you get stuck in a 50% win percentage loop where u just fluxuate unless you're always playing with a great team of 6.
is this post really necessary... who cares if you had golds, obviously something wasn't working out
10/09/2016 04:31 PMPosted by Daniel
is this post really necessary... who cares if you had golds, obviously something wasn't working out

Then as I said, the team needs to be ranked equally and ignore individual performance.
10/09/2016 04:27 PMPosted by DM725
Pros are ranked high because they constantly play with other great players and climb the ranks.

When I was doing my 10 placements I was with a decent squad to beat a team with 2 top 500 icons pretty easily. Had they been playing with 4 more top 500 players I am sure we would have gotten waxed.

The issues are in the ranking numbers and the amount of possible ranks. When I was a 67 in season 2 and I got paired up with a 60, 64, 72 etc., I had a fair idea of their abilities and skills.

Now I'm season 2, we have season 1 53's playing in Platinum with season 1 65's. I have a season 1 70 on my FL that still hasn't gotten into Diamond.

There's a massive pile of crap ranked 2,500 - 3,100. Are there good players in there? Yes. But there a huge majority of players who get carried from gold to Platinum. Then you're a diamond solo queuer that gets Platinum players on your team that were season 1 53's and you get stuck in a 50% win percentage loop where u just fluxuate unless you're always playing with a great team of 6.

It's literally impossible for a "huge majority" to have been carried. Think about it, if the majority were carried, who was doing the carrying? It's a paradox.
This is the main reason why I don't play comp.

And people still defend this garbage cause if it didn't happen to them it never happens to other players and Mr. Diamond here never plays support.
10/09/2016 05:36 PMPosted by BlueCandle

And people still defend this garbage cause if it didn't happen to them it never happens to other players and Mr. Diamond here never plays support.

Like the um "random post title (From a top 500)" that sounds more like a late night infomercial where they person is secretly berating you while trying to sell you a tortoise key holder for your front porch?
10/09/2016 01:58 PMPosted by bjj8383
Game: "Congratulations on your three gold medals in Kills, Objective Kills, and Damage! You were the best on your team and did your absolute best to carry the goofballs who insisted on playing Bastion & Ana.

Game: "Sorry that two of your team quit/dropped/disconnected half way through your game! Obviously, that put your team at a nigh-insurmountable disadvantage. You're in no way to blame for your team's loss!

The only time people should post like this is when they have the guts to Shadowplay above mentioned match and dump it on YouTube with a link in the post. Man up, show us your awesome play and how bad your team were and stand by for some critiquing.
If I may propose a solution, why not give a team AND individual ranking? The individual rank would be based on your performance in game, how many golds you got, how many ultimates you shut down, how much time you spent playing the objective etc etc, and your team rank would be based on whether or not you won the match or not.
10/09/2016 05:36 PMPosted by BlueCandle

I'm going to make the assumption that when you say "mr diamond" you're referring to me (maybe i'm wrong). I play my fair share of support, look at my competitive stats.
The ironic thing here is that op has about 7 hours of competitive on soldier 76 and pretty much nothing else. That means he doesn't fit comps; he just plays the character he's good with. No wonder he's losing so much
If you think ana is a bad pick sucks to be you
Ana is a great pick
10/09/2016 05:31 PMPosted by Beta
10/09/2016 04:27 PMPosted by DM725

It's literally impossible for a "huge majority" to have been carried. Think about it, if the majority were carried, who was doing the carrying? It's a paradox.

It's not a paradox because they only need to hit 2,500 once. That means at some point over the course of the season, they have to hit 2,500 then can drop as far a they want.

My brothers friend got carried by us to Platinum the other night. If he solo queues, his teammates are in for a rude awakening. We only let him play Lucio, and we always use a double healer when he's with us.

If people could drop in and out of platinum then I would see your point.