What will be the spring event? Easter/Valentines/Other?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
If you want to know what holidays will be celebrated on Overwatch - look to World of Warcraft. It's safe to say that almost every American holiday celebrated on WoW will be celebrated on OW. The only holiday on WoW that probably won't make it to OW is the Chinese Lunar New year....even though I'd LOVE to see all the OW gals in traditional Chinese dresses! <3
I also think we might not get either V-day or Easter.......they might pick one or the other, but not both, for OW.
Can you imaging there being a Spring Break event where the characters wore bathing suits and had a volleyball brawl on Ilios?
There is also" Norouz " in the spring which is persian new years reveloution. and lots of good skins can be derived from just like " mother coldness " for anna
I don't really see Easter happening, its a diverse game with diverse hero's and Easter is celebrated in very few Religions around the world. The Holiday event works well because it covers other wintertime holiday's besides x-mas.
Some people have been theorizing that it's not a seasonal thing, but a bimonthly thing. So far we've had August, October, December. Could just be weird timing because of the May release, but...
10/27/2016 01:14 PMPosted by Fruhmann
Cherub Hanzo with cheek Rouge, little wings and a sumo diaper. His Ult is chibi dragons with an "awwww" sound instead of their roar.

First thing I've read in these forums that made me laugh. Oooh man, ow my sides.
We do have some VERY cool stuff planned for next year.

To clarify without spoiling surprises:

We are *NOT* planning a Valentines or Easter event.

So yes, you can expect cool events. But just to manage expectations Valentines and Easter are not those events.
Highly Rated
12/21/2016 12:12 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

We are*NOT* planning a Valentines or Easter event.

So yes, you can expect cool events. But just to manage expectations Valentines and Easter are not those events.

Thanks dad

Thank you daddy Kaplan
Chinese New Years and St. Patricks Day?

Chinese new year confirmed? Previous blue post stated that they plan on releasing something special for Mei EARLY in 2017.
Highly Rated

Rip Easter D.Va skin

Dang, I really wanted a matching Pharah and Mercy Valentines skin. FeelsBadMan
I saw the Blizzard icon and I thought the thread was locked for the worst reason possible.

Thank god.

I love you devs.

Aw...that is a little sad but I guess I understand. I cant wait to see what you guys do.
Hype Train due to depart in the New Year. All aboard!
Maybe its for the best, since so many cannot even handle a kiss, did we really want to nuke the forums with a valentines event?!

Think of the CHILDREN!
RIP HeartBreaker Widow and Mercy :(
A bit dissapointed about the no Easter event, i was kinda looking forward to perhaps get a Roadhog in a rabid rabbit costume.

Dahell? What event is going to be then? Ty for the info anyway. At least will save from some disappointments for those who expect those events.