Lucio ultimate activates too slow - feels unfair

General Discussion
Highly Rated
When you press Q with Mercy -> instant activation
When you press Q with Zenyatta -> instant activation
When you press Q with Ana -> instant activation

But when you press Q with Lucio, you do a 180 degrees turn mid air and need like 2 seconds to activate.
This costed me death so many times. Why cant Lucio just activate its ulti instantly like all other healers? Those healer ultimates are game changing and it feels unfair for me to get killed while casting this ultimate (in comparison to all other 3 healers who can Q instantly).
Just a little bit faster activation would be good. I dont even call this a buff because I pressed the Q button in time.
I was about to make a thread about this. They need to make his ult animation faster so it can counter the nano boost and death blossom combo. This is what I usually hear Warīhum quwitak! > Die... > Let's break it augh---
Stop following reaper's advice and dont die then?

But seriously sometimes it does feel like his ult takes forever in a combat situation.
also you cant use it while in the air, or at least it doesnt go off till you land n slam your gun into the ground :l
I agree with this. I'm only thankful that when I get killed before I fully drop the beat, I don't lose the ult charge.
I think my favorite lesson was in hollywood, a reaper dropped from a building and I knew he was going to ult so I hit my ult. Problem was my ult was slower than his even though I guessed his intentions. I died. My team died.
On top of quicker animation, They should do away with the decay of the shield. Let the shield still drop after X seconds, but get rid of the rapid decay during its life.

Then Lucio's ULT will be on par be with every other supports!
30% amp speed nerf and the posibility of 10% less amp healing, I think they should implement a 20% faster ult cast on the ptr and see how that works
Not really unfair because they do two different things. Lucio keeps you alive to do what you need to do. Mercy's requires your teammates to be dead to have any use. If a Reaper comes down with an ult, you'll likely be dead as Mercy before you can even counter it. Same goes for Zarya ult.
I always kinda felt like both Rein and Lucio suffer from the same problem. So many times I have that perfect multi-hit Earthshatter lined up ... only to get Whole Hogged/Junkrat concussion trapped into the sky and hold my hammer in the air ... only to get no-one upon landing.

Same w/ Lucio, it's such a FeelsBadMan moment when you're RIGHT ABOUT to pop sound barrier and then someone chops your head off :(
Ok. So, since Lucio is already arguably the strongest support in most situations - how would you compensate this buff to his ultimate? You want his healing or speed boost further reduced? ^^

It's already going to be nerfed either way tho :/
10/23/2016 06:34 AMPosted by RagDollRat
also you cant use it while in the air, or at least it doesnt go off till you land n slam your gun into the ground :l

^This.
It's so frustrating.
10/23/2016 06:40 AMPosted by Graff
Not really unfair because they do two different things. Lucio keeps you alive to do what you need to do. Mercy's requires your teammates to be dead to have any use. If a Reaper comes down with an ult, you'll likely be dead as Mercy before you can even counter it. Same goes for Zarya ult.

If a Reaper comes down with an ult as Lucio you have to be ready for it a few seconds earlier to stay alive and keep others alive too. Try playing him more, you'll understand.
Yeah, I agree. Lucio's ult already isn't particularly strong. Zenyatta's is much stronger, except for the weakness to a well placed Ana grenade. While they might save a tank, the extra health won't even help you against "insta-kill" ults like D.va's or Junkrat's. I don't think it needs this limitation, even if it makes sense with the animation he has when ulting.
His ult is meant to be timed near perfectly when you hear an enemy ult cast.
Basically within 1 second you got to activate or you won't be able to cast it in time.

If you do - not only do completely nullify the enemies ult. You can nullify almost 2 utt blasts at once.
10/23/2016 06:48 AMPosted by Cesska

If a Reaper comes down with an ult as Lucio you have to be ready for it a few seconds earlier to stay alive and keep others alive too. Try playing him more, you'll understand.

Sometimes it's hard to predict reapers ult (sure if you don't see him and it's been a while since his last ult you should be prepared) but lucio's ult has a 1s cast time and reapers ult has 170dps. What I mean is that you've to focus a lot on this and it can make you less efficient during teamfights, it doesn't have anything to do with your time played as lucio trust me. Less ult cast time will help you to counter more ults without dying
I've always wondered why Lucio ult can be cancelled with hard control during the animation while Earthshatter still goes off after being interrupted.
you know what's even more awesome?

When you're using your ult and get launched into the air but your ult still go off after you land after your team already died.
10/23/2016 06:40 AMPosted by Graff

How about Zen's ult
10/23/2016 07:03 AMPosted by Usmle
10/23/2016 06:48 AMPosted by Cesska

Sometimes it's hard to predict reapers ult (sure if you don't see him and it's been a while since his last ult you should be prepared) but lucio's ult has a 1s cast time and reapers ult has 170dps. What I mean is that you've to focus a lot on this and it can make you less efficient during teamfights, it doesn't have anything to do with your time played as lucio trust me. Less ult cast time will help you to counter more ults without dying

Oh dude I'm not against lessening Lucio's ult cast time. I was just trying to contest the earlier point that Graff was trying to make.