I'm waiting for my account to be silenced, again.

General Discussion
1 2 3 18 Next
Highly Rated
Blizzard, you need to fix your reporting system.

I'm sick of people reporting me for playing unpopular heros (Sym) in QP and Competitive and having those reports result in my account being silenced.

It's the definition of harassment and abusing players for playing heroes you've put in the game.
If you're being silenced, you're doing something to deserve it, friendo, I'm sorry.
Highly Rated
How do you know that's what you were silenced for?

I sense that we don't know the whole story about you picking Symm....
You shouldn't have to deal with this type of harassment.

ESPECIALLY in quick play. As long as you're actively trying to win (even if it's a poor /perceived-poor pick for whatever reason), I have to support your position.

Hopefully you can avoid being silenced again for this abuse of the reporting system (assuming, like I said, you're actively trying to win).

Not weighing-in one way or another for comp-mode. I feel it's too loaded to discuss directly in this context (esp. with blizzard confirming symmetra is receiving a major rework); I have mixed feelings.
10/25/2016 06:07 PMPosted by steamfoxxe
If you're being silenced, you're doing something to deserve it, friendo, I'm sorry.
some may view talking back, I.E I have gold, stop yelling at me, and not changing, as being a troll. they will report you for trolling. for saying "I have gold" as a troll excuse, and telling them to stop complaining as harassment.
Just so you know you can contact them directly via the site.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/overwatch/1057

Talking about your disciplinary action can result in a temp or permanent ban from the forums.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/#discipline
Highly Rated
10/25/2016 06:07 PMPosted by steamfoxxe

a GM has acknowledged people get silenced for exactly what the OP is complaining about

I do not think "playing symmetra" should get a player silenced
What does "silenced" mean, btw?
10/25/2016 06:13 PMPosted by OkageTadaka

Talking about your disciplinary action can result in a temp or permanent ban from the forums.
this isn't a dispute on a ban yet because he's not banned yet. also, it's feedback on it being pretty bad.
"My ego trumps everyone's experience with people picking like me. I get carried to this low rank that I don't deserve to be in. I'm actually worse than insta-lock DPS since they actually contribute to the team. Are you bored of playing Lucio? TOO BAD! I'm a useless Symettra main who thinks any and every hero has the kit to compete with anyone else."
10/25/2016 06:18 PMPosted by Lloyd
What does "silenced" mean, btw?
you can't chat or voice chat or post on forums (I'm pretty sure.)
Couple points to consider:

1. I remain respectful and do not engage in fighting/harassment. When someone starts raging on me in the spawn room for picking Sym, I ignore them.

2. In the event a match is lost, the players *tell* me they're reporting me. Usually with comments such as "commit suicide" or "I hope your family gets cancer".

3. The problem I'm pointing out with this post is the lack of an appropriate reporting system within Overwatch. Players should not be able to spam-report others without cause and then have their account silenced without an actual review being conducted by Blizzard or a group of peers similar to the Tribunal system in League of Legends. This system, as it stands currently, results in players being the victim of bullying, harassment, and abuse and then actually being falsely reported under "harassment". It's messed up and it needs to be fixed.
10/25/2016 06:13 PMPosted by OkageTadaka

I am not talking about my specific disciplinary action, I'm talking about the experience I've had in game where other players are openly threatening me with false reports for picking unpopular characters and then the automated reporting system ends up silencing my account (it's just a matter of time given past experiences that myself and other players have gone through).
Hopefully the PTR changes will fix that. As a reminder, the harassment option is split between "Abusive Chat" and "Griefing/Inactivity".
10/25/2016 06:26 PMPosted by Bigbahlsen
Hopefully the PTR changes will fix that. As a reminder, the harassment option is split between "Abusive Chat" and "Griefing/Inactivity".

Picking a character that is seen as off-meta or unpopular should not be considered griefing.
Silencing should either not be a thing or people who are silenced shouldn't be able to queue for competitive. I don't want someone who can't talk or type on my team, I would rather hear them even if they're a rager.
10/25/2016 06:34 PMPosted by Altimor
Silencing should either not be a thing or people who are silenced shouldn't be able to queue for competitive. I don't want someone who can't talk or type on my team, I would rather hear them even if they're a rager.

Well, that's the other bad thing. With a silenced account, the same folks that would normally play competitive as characters that require more coordination are even more handicapped.
10/25/2016 06:33 PMPosted by Vill
10/25/2016 06:26 PMPosted by Bigbahlsen

Picking a character that is seen as off-meta or unpopular should not be considered griefing.

Agreed. At least he won't be silenced because of unfair report. Just hope the punishment won't be worse...

3. The problem I'm pointing out with this post is the lack of an appropriate reporting system within Overwatch.

I agree.

There is no "Trolling/greiving" option.

Have you seriously not gotten to a point where you've thought "Oh, hey, maybe Symmetra ISN'T a good pick for competitive since

1. I'm being trolled all the time

2. She's getting a rework due to being too situational

maybe I should find another hero to play until then."

I mean.... c'mon, you're trolling and causing so many people to not rank up for a game. I'd love to see your W/L ratio.
what if blizzard added an "overwatch" (lol) like Counter strike has? basically if you're diamond or higher/have at least 1 star on your account, you can watch a playthrough of a match to see if the reported person actually did anything bad. although harassment would be a touchy subject, releasing sound files/names/text of the people in the match is probably not good because you can track their name and make their game life hell.