I'm waiting for my account to be silenced, again.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 18 Next
10/26/2016 10:43 AMPosted by Knappco
10/25/2016 06:18 PMPosted by Terranguard
...this isn't a dispute on a ban yet because he's not banned yet. also, it's feedback on it being pretty bad.

He was silenced. That is a disciplinary action. Creating a thread or post to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player for either in game or forum offenses is against the Code of Conduct. You can get temporarily banned from the forums for it.

I realize the distinction is a bit nuanced, but I'm not discussing specific disciplinary action that may or may not have been taken against my account.

I am raising the point that the current report system is prone to abuse and is being used by people as an outlet for their desire to harass other players when they do not submit to their demands.

It's being used as a vector to bully people when it's intended to address instances of harassment; in effect it's having the exact opposite effect as originally intended.
10/25/2016 06:02 PMPosted by Vill
Blizzard, you need to fix your reporting system.

I'm sick of people reporting me for playing unpopular heros (Sym) in QP and Competitive and having those reports result in my account being silenced.

It's the definition of harassment and abusing players for playing heroes you've put in the game.

We're actively working on this right now. It's going to take some time for all of the changes we want to do to get implemented. But starting in Patch 1.5 you'll start to see the early beginnings of change to the reporting system. More changes will come in subsequent patches.
10/26/2016 10:55 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

I'm sick of people reporting me for playing unpopular heros (Sym) in QP and Competitive and having those reports result in my account being silenced.

It's the definition of harassment and abusing players for playing heroes you've put in the game.

We're actively working on this right now. It's going to take some time for all of the changes we want to do to get implemented. But starting in Patch 1.5 you'll start to see the early beginnings of change to the reporting system. More changes will come in subsequent patches.
nice

This is great news - people who abuse the reporting system as some sort of troll toy - because you don't listen to their orders should get punished instead. After all these kind of people are a bane on the community.

Will there be a "consequence" result in misuse of the reporting functionality? It would be great to see the false reporter receiving the punishment to deter them from continuing to do the same.

You really should branch out, though. Playing Symmetra for 75 hours just tells me that you're the type of person who has no problem playing her on offense while literally your whole team is asking you not to.

I find really, really hard to believe that playing so much Symmetra is the only reason your account got silenced. I'm not saying it didn't contribute, but it can't be the only reason.
It's easy really. When you play comp you do what is best for the team, not what you "feel" like doing. If the majority of people on your team take issue with your character choice or your play style you should accommodate the team. For those who disagree with that assessment there are two solutions: 1. Play Quickplay and do whatever you want or, 2. Form a team group with people who agree with your play style and choices and who trust you. If you play comp with people you don't know, it is the responsible thing to consider their opinions and to take the success of the team into account above your own selfish whims. I don't personally report selfish players who ignore the situation or the team's wishes but I understand and support people who do find it grounds for reporting because it is not conducive to quality play and good sportsmanship and will eventually spoil the competitive experience altogether if it is not abated by the community.
honestly you deserve it for playing sym

Thank you.

And reporting on console when? Yesterday I had a Reinhardt who was AFK most of the game and he just moved a little so he wouldn't get kicked....
If sabotaging your team deliberately (which is what picking Symmetra is) doesn't count as griefing, nothing does. This seems like exactly that kind of thing that category of report is for; not an abuse of the system at all, but exactly the intended use.
10/26/2016 11:05 AMPosted by Ruzhyo2000
honestly you deserve it for playing sym
You're why this community is called toxic.

What kind of changes except for the new report options?
10/26/2016 11:07 AMPosted by U2205
If sabotaging your team deliberately (which is what picking Symmetra is) doesn't count as griefing, nothing does. This seems like exactly that kind of thing that category of report is for; not an abuse of the system at all, but exactly the intended use.

You disliking a character is not grounds for reporting. Symmetra is very situational as she stands but not a completely unfounded pick. There are maps and situations where she is amazing. If you don't understand her utility in those situations that is your own shortcoming.
10/25/2016 06:14 PMPosted by kirsch
10/25/2016 06:07 PMPosted by steamfoxxe
If you're being silenced, you're doing something to deserve it, friendo, I'm sorry.

a GM has acknowledged people get silenced for exactly what the OP is complaining about

I do not think "playing symmetra" should get a player silenced

If he constantly gets reported by his whole team, every game, he shouldn't be silenced, but straight up banned from comp. He's definitely seen as the problem by everyone he plays with. Playing Symmetra all the time is very much like throwing games, your teammates have to carry you.
10/26/2016 11:01 AMPosted by Specialneeds

You really should branch out, though. Playing Symmetra for 75 hours just tells me that you're the type of person who has no problem playing her on offense while literally your whole team is asking you not to.

I find really, really hard to believe that playing so much Symmetra is the only reason your account got silenced. I'm not saying it didn't contribute, but it can't be the only reason.

I appreciate the advice and may take it into consideration. I enjoy playing Sym and have seen quite a bit of success with her.

It is the only reason people have reported me (they've admitted as much while doing it), but I understand your skepticism.
sometimes the reports are valid...

I understand that you really like this character and want to play them.... (widow is my fav and she is a troll pick as well)

it's less of an issue with reporting and more that these characters need the balancing to be more viable picks... which Sym, 76, Widow and DV.A might be in then near future.

there are Honest troll picks, people that instalock and refuse to communicate... so i do think a "troll" or "uncooperative" option in the reporting system should be added that can result in a day suspension but not banned from a season.
10/26/2016 11:01 AMPosted by cthulla

Will there be a "consequence" result in misuse of the reporting functionality? It would be great to see the false reporter receiving the punishment to deter them from continuing to do the same.

Would b funny if Blizzard trolled the trolls - and permanently removed the ability for trolls to file reports. Instead the choice of report player would be replaced with,
"Order a Salty Blizzard Cone"
10/26/2016 11:16 AMPosted by Vill
10/26/2016 11:01 AMPosted by Specialneeds

I appreciate the advice and may take it into consideration. I enjoy playing Sym and have seen quite a bit of success with her.

It is the only reason people have reported me (they've admitted as much while doing it), but I understand your skepticism.

Symmetra is completely situational as she now stands. Perhaps the upcoming changes will correct that, but in the mean time playing her all the time no matter what the situation is pretty selfish and useless. You will argue, but your gold rank despite all of your playtime says it all really. I defend your right to play Symmetra, just not at the expense of your team. Learn to play another support who fits the situation better or prepare to continue being reported.

Does this mean you are banning Torb and Sym from competitive?