I'm waiting for my account to be silenced, again.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 18 Next
10/25/2016 06:02 PMPosted by Vill
Blizzard, you need to fix your reporting system.

I'm sick of people reporting me for playing unpopular heros (Sym) in QP and Competitive and having those reports result in my account being silenced.

It's the definition of harassment and abusing players for playing heroes you've put in the game.

you're !@#$ing hilarious
10/26/2016 02:24 PMPosted by Vill
10/26/2016 01:51 PMPosted by TinnyLemur
There's a difference between playing a character that's not the meta and getting flamed for it and playing a character that has absolutely no reason to be played and ruins the comp of your team.

Judging by your hours played on sym I would say you are 100% the latter and play sym for EVERYTHING including attack payload where she is absolutely, 100%, irrefutably USELESS.

Also going by your hours played I would be willing to bet that there have been TONS of occasions where you were politely asked to switch and outright refused thereby ruining your team by being selfish.

Have a real look at why you're being flamed and look at it from someone else's perspective for 10 seconds. If you're honest with yourself you'll realize that, to everyone else, you're just a troll who regularly throws games by playing selfishly.

I know the thread has become somewhat lengthy, but I already shared earlier that I have around >55% winrate in competitive with Sym and >60% winrate in QP. The idea that I'm throwing tons of games is a fallacy but I can see how one might assume that's the case.

I will also point out that Sym is not useless on payload maps - not by a long shot. So there you go, that points been refuted - by someone who regularly plays Sym on payload attack maps. In fact, that's one of the more successful places to play her if you know what you're doing an understand flank paths and stay aware of who's dead/respawning on your team to make the most use of teleporters.

But, again, all of that is completely beside the point - the report system is prone to abuse and is a vector for players to harass each other when it's supposed to help alleviate harassment. Jeff has already chimed in letting us know they're working on improving the system so that's at least acknowledging the problem is real.

Jeff didn't really validate anything you had to say. He said they're working on changes to the reporting system. They're also working on a fix for Symmetra considering how massively broken she is in competitive, maybe you heard about that? For all you know in the 1.5 patch they're adding the report option "Playing Symmestra" just for you, and people like you.

On a side note, you saying Symmetra is good for all game modes/maps is flat out wrong. You might like playing Symmetra on all types of maps, but if you look at the hero pick distribution at the top ranks, you'll find Symmetra at the bottom (less than 1% pick-rate). From a general standpoint, professionals and Blizzard both agree that Symmetra isn't as good or as beneficial to the team as other heroes. You're lying to yourself to justify playing the hero that you fanboy over.

The fact remains that you're playing a TEAM GAME in a COMPETITIVE bracket. If all 5 of your teammates think you're not contributing, and are willing to report you for it, maybe you should just bite the bullet and switch to someone that your whole team would consider more useful. This game isn't about you, it's about all six people on your team working TOGETHER to win. Blizzard even said during advertising of this game that you should be actively switching heroes during a game to better retaliate against your enemy, and to achieve better symbiosis with your team. You're acting like a child and you kind of deserve to be silenced, if not fully removed from competitive if you were to continue refusing to play anyone but Symmetra.
I'm amused how people don't see Symmetra as working. Symmetra is so good on attack. And before the tryhards come in "OMFG RUINING COMP", no, I don't play comp. I play her in QP and it's freakin' OP.
10/26/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Queen
I'm amused how people don't see Symmetra as working. Symmetra is so good on attack. And before the tryhards come in "OMFG RUINING COMP", no, I don't play comp. I play her in QP and it's freakin' OP.

*I'm amused how people don't see <insert any hero here> as working. It works for me at my MMR, so obviously <hero> is always viable and a contribution to the team!
FTFY
10/26/2016 06:36 PMPosted by Think

*I'm amused how people don't see <insert any hero here> as working. It works for me at my MMR, so obviously <hero> is always viable and a contribution to the team!
FTFY

I'm sorry but MMR or not these forums consist of the same rating with one or two different. The people whining over heroes are normally those that don't know how to counter them ORRRR don't know how to play them.

Edit: ALSO ADDING HOW YES, I DID CONTRIBUTE WITH 4 GOLD MEDALS, TYVM!
If you report someone for their hero choice-just uninstall the game. You're toxic garbage and you'd be more suited for LoL. I'd rather have someone make a bad call on hero choice than your toxic kind on a team.

Edit-oh look downvotes, how adorable

i play her in comp ocasionaly, not so much now that rein isnt so common, shes a huge rein hardcounter, ill prob pick her up again when zarya's arent in Literaly every single game ever period end of discusion
10/26/2016 06:44 PMPosted by RagDollRat

i play her in comp ocasionaly, not so much now that rein isnt so common, shes a huge rein hardcounter, ill prob pick her up again when zarya's arent in Literaly every single game ever period end of discusion

Yea she is like Junkrat when it comes to Zarya. Boosting her without even trying.
[quote="207481007050"]
There is a queue for people who want to play Symmetra. That queue is quick play. Please respect the fact that just as you want to play the game a certain way and resent when other players interfere with your ability to do this, you are ruining 5 other players' experience the same way when you play Symmetra in competitive.

Solution to this mindset. Instantly black out every character except the 7-8 heroes consistently in the meta, to make every game identical, with absolutely no hope of the community ever getting a chance of finding a different combination that works just as well if not better than the meta. Because theres no such thing as a stale or evolving game. Its not like 2 DPS, 2 Tank, 1 Support and 1 Flex was never the meta - it was always 3 Tank, 3 Support right?

If someone is playing a character in competitive, and are actually playing well enough to warrant a positive Win/Loss Ratio, that is not griefing. Griefing is a player deliberately falling off the map repetitively, Trapping teammates in spawn/an enemy ult on purpose. Griefing is NOT playing a non-meta hero, its playing a non-meta hero. And that should NOT be a reportable offence.

I'm sick of people reporting me for playing unpopular heros (Sym) in QP and Competitive and having those reports result in my account being silenced.

It's the definition of harassment and abusing players for playing heroes you've put in the game.

stop playing symmetra when is not needed
10/27/2016 01:57 AMPosted by Daggial
stop playing symmetra when is not needed

Then who is to decide what is needed and when it's needed?

A lot of people think they know better than others what to pick in competitive, but you're at the same rank as the people you play with (usually) for a reason. You can give advice to others about what they should pick, but you can never demand them to play or not to play a certain hero.
10/26/2016 03:02 PMPosted by Aisuga

They insist playing them almost exclusively, when they already aren't great overall and are a liability in many situations, and then complain about report system abuses. Let's get real here, they obviously are the problem and all the reports against them are legitimate. Nobody likes getting their time wasted by idiots in a multiplayer game.

Wait you say that picking a hero you are good with is a liability to the team but people playing mainly junkrat picking zarya or reinhardt are not? i mean i play zenyatta, roadhog and reaper in rankend. why? because thats the only three heroes i would say im good with. i suck hard as lucio or reinhardt dont speak of zarya. i would never go out of my comfort zone in comp just to fill roles i cant play. and i have rather a good played Symmetra, Tjorbörn, D.Va, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Winston or Junkrat in my team as an bad Lucio,Ana,Reinhardt,Zarya or Mccree

That's a good joke.

Care to tell it again?

okay um here is thing you know why your getting reported for playing symetra because the developers have even said " we dont symetra to only be used defense we are trying to rework so she be used on attack and defense" if you want to find the direct quote I will but seriously consider this and when they work on adding more opinions to report dont surprised if the same thing happens the new opition could be malicous intent or just playing badly lol has it
10/26/2016 06:44 PMPosted by AndyJT75
If you report someone for their hero choice-just uninstall the game. You're toxic garbage and you'd be more suited for LoL. I'd rather have someone make a bad call on hero choice than your toxic kind on a team.

"why are the people trying to improve the team comp labeled as toxic when the player think she is amazing on symetra keeps whiffing her turrets are in reality just handing the game to the other team" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKODlLmR6bU

I absolutely agree. Even though I am fairly new to the game,obviously players shouldn't be punished for playing a class they like,it's just plain retarded.
I just don't understand why people get so mad over stuff like this. It's just a game.
10/27/2016 02:43 AMPosted by Fluffytsoggy
10/26/2016 03:02 PMPosted by Aisuga

They insist playing them almost exclusively, when they already aren't great overall and are a liability in many situations, and then complain about report system abuses. Let's get real here, they obviously are the problem and all the reports against them are legitimate. Nobody likes getting their time wasted by idiots in a multiplayer game.

Wait you say that picking a hero you are good with is a liability to the team but people playing mainly junkrat picking zarya or reinhardt are not? i mean i play zenyatta, roadhog and reaper in rankend. why? because thats the only three heroes i would say im good with. i suck hard as lucio or reinhardt dont speak of zarya. i would never go out of my comfort zone in comp just to fill roles i cant play. and i have rather a good played Symmetra, Tjorbörn, D.Va, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Winston or Junkrat in my team as an bad Lucio,Ana,Reinhardt,Zarya or Mccree
yes, because your not going to be good with that chracter every game you are a bad player because you not going out of comfort zone guess what i can do that you cant. play anyone guess what i can do that you cant counter pick guess i can do when i counter pick not lose anything when i decide to counter pick i can play everyone and because i can play everyone nothing gets lost does the team need help killing tracer sure ill pick and kill her instant same with roadhog same with zayra same with anyone can you
10/27/2016 03:59 AMPosted by Dwenzy

I absolutely agree. Even though I am fairly new to the game,obviously players shouldn't be punished for playing a class they like,it's just plain retarded.
I just don't understand why people get so mad over stuff like this. It's just a game.
as good as or better than others of a comparable nature. that the definition of competitive we get mad because we want to compete do you get it we want to win why do you think there is 2 different modes do you think blizzard just added the competitive mode !@#$s and giggles ? and also its just a game is really dumb argument

its just power
its just food
its just money
its just time

guess what you put value on those things you think there important why cant you understand that gaming is important to us especially if those people have been builed made fun of or just dont have good social skills most gamers come from that back ground and not all can recover from it so they gaming as the one thing they can do for fun and people ruin what is there only option they might have for fun. when you take that away that with trolling or leaving or playing badly i can see why people get mad and no one, no one, likes to lose do you see sports fans like the fact that there team loses i dont think so
do you like losing your job
your house
your life
i dont think so
10/26/2016 06:44 PMPosted by AndyJT75

oh looked you downvoted my post now go downvote the 2,000 people who agreed with me that video were i took the quote from has 2,000 likes so good luck with that
To be honest i somewhat understand the teammates as well.

They are playing Comp to win, so they want to maximize the possibility to win, with heroes that are OP, or just good.

When you play Sym, you are obviously putting them in a disadventage, even if you play well since there are better heroes you can win with.
They just might take Sym as an offence so they report.