Mccree ult buff

General Discussion
Longer ult charge time means youll have your deadeye up less and therefore you have less chance of accidentally hitting that suicide button.
Hahaha this is funny because it is true xD
Bump
Look I don't use McCree, but his ultimate never seemed that bad to me. Yes, he's an easy target...but it seems to me that can be rectified by simply using it at ideal times. During a team fight example, when you've flanked the enemy.

It only takes a second to lock onto 200HP heros, and even if you've only gotten 1 or 2 of the enemy...you've pretty much crippled their chances of winning the fight, especially if you managed to get one of their supports.
10/20/2016 03:09 PMPosted by ABlueLady
Look I don't use McCree, but his ultimate never seemed that bad to me. Yes, he's an easy target...but it seems to me that can be rectified by simply using it at ideal times. During a team fight example, when you've flanked the enemy.

It only takes a second to lock onto 200HP heros, and even if you've only gotten 1 or 2 of the enemy...you've pretty much crippled their chances of winning the fight, especially if you managed to get one of their supports.

If, if, if.

Even if you manage to flank with one of the slowest heroes in the game, you then have no one to protect you. Maybe the enemy team won't notice a missing McCree, but they will notice a missing tank.

Even if you get the lock on, there is a delay between clicking the mouse and McCree firing, meaning people can still get away even after you've marked them and even clicked. If an enemy tank is in your way, you can forget about killing anyone since they will either kill you or escape before you land a shot on anyone.

I wish they would at least remove the firing delay. This would make it usable for picking off high priority targets reliably, which I could see being very useful and it fits the dualist theme.
Look I don't use McCree

That's the problem. It looks ok, but in practice its a suicide button. Just try to do all the things you listed.

Foreshadowing: RIP
but it seems to me that can be rectified by simply using it at ideal times.
There's no such thing as ideal time.

The amount of times when they die in potgs are funny tho.

It's an okay ult, nowhere near as bad as how they make it out to be.

You can safely get 1-2 kills. The "suicide" comes from not assessing the situation and holding it for a quad kill.
Many people including myself mentioned this time and time again in previous posts, Mcree is an Anti-Flanker, He's slow, He's loud and he has no movement abilities (Roll is only 1m forward, It dosen't count, He's everything a flanker is not, YET for some unkown reason Blizzard in their infinite wisdom decided to give him an Ult that requires him to be a flanker.

Case and point.
10/20/2016 03:23 PMPosted by poochie
The "suicide" comes from not assessing the situation and holding it for a quad kill.
Even 2 seconds is enough to kill him.
Or escape.
While i don't think McCree's ult is as bad as people say, it's still maybe the worst offensive ult and could go with a few buffs/a complete overhaul. I've managed to surprise a few teams with it and pick off 2-3 characters, but that is an EXTREMELY rare occurance.
The best I've done with deadeye is a quintuple kill, and that was just once.. and months ago, when most players didn't know to pay closer attention/hide/shoot/whatever. I've settled for only trying to get 1-2 squishies/supports each time now until they (hopefully) make some changes to it. Very rare for me to get more than 3 kills with it now, if that.
10/20/2016 03:27 PMPosted by Itzal
10/20/2016 03:23 PMPosted by poochie
The "suicide" comes from not assessing the situation and holding it for a quad kill.
Even 2 seconds is enough to kill him.
Or escape.

I have a youtube playlist of how to use flashbang without it going to waste for all the McCry out there.

Maybe I'll create a playlist of how to use deadeye to get kills without being killed.
10/20/2016 04:04 PMPosted by poochie
<span class="truncated">...</span>Even 2 seconds is enough to kill him.
Or escape.

I have a youtube playlist of how to use flashbang without it going to waste for all the McCry out there.

Maybe I'll create a playlist of how to use deadeye to get kills without being killed.
Spare us, we've had enough of your "wisdom" already.
Posted like 5 videos where he managed to flash a Genji - (just like everyone else do but failed to grasp the concept that people were ilustrating moments where they failed), in majority of situations it wasn't even 1v1 and now suddenly thinks he's a new iddqd.
10/20/2016 04:12 PMPosted by Itzal
Spare us, we've had enough of your "wisdom" already.
Posted like 5 videos where he managed to flash a Genji - (just like everyone else do but failed to grasp the concept that people were ilustrating moments where they failed), in majority of situations it wasn't even 1v1 and now suddenly thinks he's a new iddqd.

Yeah, flashbang can fail if you use it stupidly. That's fine and doesn't mean it needs change so it's foolproof.

Also in the playlist I have about 50% where it's 1v1, it's difficult to always be in a 1v1 since it's a team game and McCree should not "work alone." More wisdom from me.

Also, I've said several times I was rank 32 in S1. Rank 32. Never pretended to be good, much less iddqd level. I'm just smart.
Yup, was really hoping for a buff this ptr patch, should have known better
If it was less conspicuous i think it work out great. With the high volume and radiating light its way too obvious, any reinhardt, dv.a, hanzo, widow, genji, other mccree, bastion, roadhog, lucio boop, mei wall, winston, ana can make what seemed like a good decision a bad one. I probably left out other counters.
10/21/2016 02:56 AMPosted by Fugitive
If it was less conspicuous i think it work out great. With the high volume and radiating light its way too obvious, any reinhardt, dv.a, hanzo, widow, genji, other mccree, bastion, roadhog, lucio boop, mei wall, winston, ana can make what seemed like a good decision a bad one. I probably left out other counters.

counters to mccree ult: everything.
use ulti and then dead %75 percent