Junkenstein's Revenge: Booted for Inactivity

Bug Report
Every time I try to play Junkenstein's Revenge, I wind up getting removed for inactivity after playing for a few minutes, even though I'm moving and shooting constantly. Has been a persistent issue for at least the past week; still have not been able to complete a single instance of the brawl.
Lol a year later and i was just "removed for inactivity" for two games in a row... was not inactive :) https://clips.twitch.tv/BlindingBlushingStingrayTakeNRG
happened to me 3 times
Was playing Ana on Junkenstein's Revenge Endless mode, when the game started a 10 second countdown that would remove me for inactivity. I was not inactive, but I've been playing. I tried firing, jumping, moving, throwing a heal grenade and sleep darting before the 10 second timer ran out, but it didn't stop me getting removed for inactivity and I could rejoin, even when I rejoined the group.
I was also playing Ana, and tried all of the same things. It seemed to only happen on Hard so far
It happened to me just now, I thought it was just and I was ready to send a ticket to Blizzard but clearly this is a bigger issue than I thought. And it's been happening since last year? That's definitely something they need to patch soon or else this game mode won't be played as much. And it sucks because it's soooo fun.
Our inactivity detection rules are a little more strict for Junkenstein's Revenge, and we are unfortunately picking up some players who are trying to remain active.

Ana players seem to be affected by this more often than other heroes. Please be advised that healing allies who are already full-health does not count as "activity" for our inactivity detection. If your allies are not taking damage, you can avoid inactivity detection by damaging enemies.

I hope this helps.
i have just tried to enter one of the new event games several times. i will get into a game and on the game loading screen, it will take too long and i will get booted for inactivity. it has happened the last 4 times i have tried to play a game. before, that i was fine. i played several games, logged out for a bit and came back, and now get booted every time i try to get in a game. i know about the new penalty system you have in place and not only do i just want to play the game, i dont want to get punished for the game taking too long to load
This keeps happening to me no matter which character I select, in both modes of Junkenstein's. It doesn't have anything to do with my connection, as others on my network can connect fine. It's just me that gets booted. Is there any way I will be able to play the event at all?
I was really enjoying this as a noob player, but I just keep getting kicked regardless of what I do - and once the countdown starts there is nothing I can do to halt it. I am now going to a different game for fun as I just cannot play Junkenstein, in normal or endless mode. I have to play with over 200 ping anyway, so do I have any hope of completing the majority of matches?
10/10/2017 06:24 PMPosted by Mike Heiberg
Please be advised that healing allies who are already full-health does not count as "activity" for our inactivity detection. If your allies are not taking damage, you can avoid inactivity detection by damaging enemies.

Really unfortunate that this is the case. My GF just spent like 5 minutes healing us for her to just get kicked for not dealing damage in a shortish amount of time. She isn't the best Ana and I can just breeze through this. Why kick at all from this mode, just so people don't get a paltry loot box? This is a !@#$ty way to find out how quickly one can get kicked.
Happened with me too. I even recorded the clip. I could not understand what was happening. I was playing, not inactive! (Ana, btw)
im not an ana player, but i wanted to try her out on this event. i also got kicked. i didnt know that healing as ana while teammates are full health does not count as activity.
While I can kind of see why this is a "thing", it's also kind of a crappy thing to have to deal with if you're not the best at aiming (ally hitboxes are bigger than enemy ones, so they're easier to hit). Add to that not having much to actually hit if your teammates are doing their job very well, and you end up getting kicked for no fault of your own. I'm glad there's not a ban feature (or if there is, it takes more than a couple drops from a match) for the event mode, but it does sort of take some of the fun out if you have to worry that your lack of ability is going to ruin both your and your group's time in the mode.
One of my team mates got kicked yesterday (eu) even though he was running around..
No mater who I play on any Halloween related event I keep getting booted, this is a real shame.
10/10/2017 06:24 PMPosted by Mike Heiberg
Our inactivity detection rules are a little more strict for Junkenstein's Revenge, and we are unfortunately picking up some players who are trying to remain active.

Ana players seem to be affected by this more often than other heroes. Please be advised that healing allies who are already full-health does not count as "activity" for our inactivity detection. If your allies are not taking damage, you can avoid inactivity detection by damaging enemies.

I hope this helps.

What about those of us who are actively dealing damage while there's a countdown going on? Not trying to be super negative here when I know that you guys get a lot of unfair backlash at all times, but it's just very frustrating when I've watched a fellow player sit on the door and do nothing for a full minute in one game (spam emoted him to see if he was lagging or just being lazy), but in another game, I got kicked while ulting and receiving eliminations as Hanzo. I was fortunate enough to record the moment this happened and was able to show it to a few of my party members, who all agreed it was a bug at the time. Now after stumbling upon this post, I'm finding out it's a feature? I understand and appreciate the intent behind it, but I definitely hope you guys iron it out to be a bit more fair before the end of the event. :)
sadly no, not even damaging enemies works and it gets extremely punishing with just a small bit of lag, where hits don't register properly.
I don't get even get a chance to select my character yet, I am still in the loading screen, and my friend says I am in the character selection screen, And boom I get kicked. only once I was able to load into the game and select character which was hanzo, I was moving around and shooting, and then the counter came up and I was kicked. I also saw several people left the game as well in that same match, probably also got kicked as well. That was the only time I was able to actually get in the game, All the other times I am not even on the character creation screen yet.
I was actively shooting and killing enemies as Hanzo in Junkenstein's Revenge and still got flagged for inactivity and kicked. Watched it happen to another Hanzo player as well in an earlier game.