Rank Decay is pointless, please remove it.

Competitive Discussion
There's no point in Rank Decay if you receive rewards for your highest achieved rating - you can get top 500 then stop playing for the whole season, decay does nothing because you still get the rewards so why is this system in place?

I highly recommend removing it. Nobody is going to become worse by not playing for a week. Being good at a video game does not require any type of physical up-keep and as long as nothing changes setting/peripheral wise you do not lose your skill in a video game.
10/14/2016 02:56 PMPosted by nafalli
There's no point in Rank Decay if you receive rewards for your highest achieved rating - you can get top 500 then stop playing for the whole season, decay does nothing because you still get the rewards so why is this system in place?

I highly recommend removing it. Nobody is going to become worse by not playing for a week. Being good at a video game does not require any type of physical up-keep and as long as nothing changes setting/peripheral wise you do not lose your skill in a video game.

^ has never played a game before.
What are you trying to say? I've been playing FPS for more than 14 years
10/14/2016 03:07 PMPosted by nafalli
What are you trying to say? I've been playing FPS for more than 14 years

That i can guarantee if you take a week-month off gaming, you'll get worse.

Of course you'll quickly catch up again, but saying there's no decay in skill if you take a 1-3 week break is wrong (ie not playing any fps or the like at all)
1 win a day to keep the rank, it is not that bad, isn't it ?
any competitive game i've ever played, if i take 2 days off in a row i feel horribly off the next time i play.
10/14/2016 04:08 PMPosted by Pyrexia
1 win a day to keep the rank, it is not that bad, isn't it ?

You only need 1 win every 7 days since the decay only starts if you have not played in a week.
Idk I just don't agree with it. For example my friend went away for 7 days and came back and lost 50 or 100 rating.. just doesn't seem to warrant it

Maybe extend the duration to 30 days? I just don't see anyone getting worse after a week of inactivity, even 2 weeks
The better question is why doesn't this SR decay apply to lower ranks, as well?
10/15/2016 01:44 PMPosted by LongDongKong
The better question is why doesn't this SR decay apply to lower ranks, as well?

Most lower ranks have little regard for competitive but still want to keep their example rating of lets say 2500 while not playing actively. Why force them to play?
The point isn't to say people got worse, it's to keep the top 10% actually the top 10%, if you hit it once and can't stay, you won't stay in the top playerbase, it's as simple as that.