Reinhardt main agrees, reinhardt NEEDS a nerf

General Discussion
If they nerf Zarya, I'll go with Reinhardt. I played him quite a bit and he's scary combined with Ana. I like to jump + use shield for good movements and protection, I agree he's a force to reckon with unless a whole team shut him down. We'll see how Blizzard deal with him, how he is now I think he's ok
The only thing Reinhart needs is a slight reduction in shield uptime. That or make another tank that can actually main tank.
I agree, i am not a reinhardt main but i play with some and i play him sometimes and i cant help but agree with some point made, for example, his ultimate does charge way to fast and picking him in situations where your team starts with only one minute remaining makes op and really does determine the game, especially at lower skill rankings
When did this forum become a place where people cry like a little baby?
It's not that Reinhardt on his own as a hero needs a nerf... it's the fact that a team without reinhardt is 9 times out of 10 worse off. He is too essential for most situations, and needs tweaking around that, without being nerfed.
Rein is in a good place and doesn't need a nerf or buff. The only thing I can agree with that is a bit much is the speed boost from Ana Ult on rein but they removed that now, so Rein is fine as is
I am at 74 hours with Rein as my main.

I don't think he needs a nerf at all. At least a balanced hero we have here.
10/21/2016 01:18 PMPosted by TwrkTeamCapt

i've played in high plat - lower diamond, i've met other reinhardt mains climbing to those elos, how many people have you seen climb ranks with one hero? probably quite a few, who did they main? GENJI. genji got his nerf, why does reinhardt not deserve any sort of nerf?

Wut? Sorry, but you are wrong on this one. While there were people that got that high playing only Genji there have been several people who have came on this forum making post about how they got diamond rank using only tracer, lucio, ana, zarya, hell there were even a couple that did it with bastion. Maybe the reason those people can get to high ranks using only one hero is because that person is just good?
If Bastion cannot be countered because of reinhard who is OP ? reinhard or bastion i say reinhard because he's shield is ridicilously strong, its far to easy to keep up non stop.
Bastion needs a buff the only reason he does't get one is because of stupid !@#$ like reinhard shield, and why only reinhard gets super powerfull counter ? why not dva matrix ? and why does winston have super long cooldown on shield ?
10/21/2016 01:20 PMPosted by xRaychub
Nerf roadhog before touching other tanks seriously out of all the tanks roadhog is legit a dps / tank / self heal hybrid. With the ult charges nerf we can't effectively use him as a ult charging battery.

Why shouldn't he be an ultimate charger anymore?
10/21/2016 01:03 PMPosted by MajorTom
As a former Reinhardt main no he doesn't his ult can be countered pretty easily so it needs to build fast a coordinated team can take down his shield pretty fast or just go around him he is one of the few perfectly balanced heroes along with Reaper

On koth and payload you can sort of counter his ult pretty well. on Payload maps it's an absolute nightmare unless you have your own rein.

That said I don't think he needs a nerf I think we need somebody to be added that has a barrier with decent uptime.
The problem is that as long as Blizz doesn't nerf him into the ground he will always be useful because he is the only hero in the game with a very good blocking ability.
Same goes for Lucio.
Firestrike needs to be made to be shield blockable. Other than that he's fine; yes his barrier is excellent mitigation, and his hammer does a lot of damage when he's surrounded, but the flipside is that a Reinhardt whose teammates disperse is basically a sitting duck and he requires the almost full-time attention of a healer.

You can see what his kit was intended for and you can see how it was somewhat corrupted by timed Firestrikes, but the solution to that is just making Firestrike harder to use. Nothing else.

As he's one of the two heroes who can reliably shield allies from damage he'll always be in the meta. (Winston being the other one. D.va isn't quite there.)
10/21/2016 01:48 PMPosted by Ardent
he's one of the two heroes who can reliably shield allies from damage he'll always be in the meta. (Winston being the other one. D.va isn't quite there.)

This.

Also Winston is quite terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trb7MyeOeu0
Reinhard should have x2 effective HP of roadhog, dva and Zarya not x3.3.............

2000 Hp shield is x3.3 the effective hp of the other tanks this is "TOO-MUCH"
1200 HP shield should be x2.0 effective hp of the other tanks

Doing this Reinhard will be less broken and his shield will be destroyed of x2 solid DPS instead of need a entire team for destroy that........
10/21/2016 01:40 PMPosted by manbearpig
10/21/2016 01:18 PMPosted by TwrkTeamCapt

i've played in high plat - lower diamond, i've met other reinhardt mains climbing to those elos, how many people have you seen climb ranks with one hero? probably quite a few, who did they main? GENJI. genji got his nerf, why does reinhardt not deserve any sort of nerf?

Wut? Sorry, but you are wrong on this one. While there were people that got that high playing only Genji there have been several people who have came on this forum making post about how they got diamond rank using only tracer, lucio, ana, zarya, hell there were even a couple that did it with bastion. Maybe the reason those people can get to high ranks using only one hero is because that person is just good?

and what happened to the heroes that do well on both payload + KOTH?(zarya, lucio, ana) they got NERFED...why does reinhardt still stay untouched?
10/21/2016 01:34 PMPosted by Bathory
I am at 74 hours with Rein as my main.

I don't think he needs a nerf at all. At least a balanced hero we have here.

yeah, i can see that you have 70+ hours with rein. HOWEVER, all those hours are in QP, a mode that no one takes seriously... In comp it's a completely different story because people actually play heroes they are good at and NOT PRACTICING, they also FILL THE NEEDED ROLES
10/21/2016 12:58 PMPosted by TwrkTeamCapt
80+ hours into reinhardt solo queued my way to rank 60 from 47, solo queued my way from high gold to low diamond with him

i highly doubt it was blizzard's intention for people to actually ONLY PLAY one hero to a certain skill level, that's why DPS heroes such as genji/mccree players got their nerfs, why not reinhardt?

Reasons why he needs a nerf:

1.Ult charges wayyy too fast if the reinhardt lands his E, and it's easy to since enemy tanks have a large hit box.After stunning 3+ players hammer hits easily charge his ult once again or even landing his charge gives a large % to his ult

2.He has 2 abilities that ignore shields. A good reinhardt that knows when to engage will make it hell for your frontline, constant E spams and charges that hit enemies is kind of OP, yeah, they're both slow, but you get the timing down eventually.

3.People talk about his shield being easily broken? Lol, the reason being is that most of the bad reinhardt players just leave their 2k shield up while there is no action going on, the best time to use your shield is when someone behind you is low on health(or you), or you've communicated to your team to make a big push

4.ever since ana was released his skill cap was SIGNIFICANTLY LOWERED due to nano reinhardt

TLDR: reinhardt IS one of the few heroes that a person can pick to carry themselves to higher elos, EX:GENJI/MCCREE they were nerfed, why not reinhardt?

PS: i never really played comp in bronze/silver/gold(for long), so i can't comment on how he is in those elos, but for plat-low diamond, he needs a nerf

EDIT:
10/21/2016 01:03 PMPosted by Stress
I think he's the most balanced character in the game lol.

10+ upvotes - 30 minutes played as reinhardt just putting this out there, lmao this community

my post - 10+ dislikes - 80+ hours with reinhardt lmaooo this commmunity bruh

1 No it doesn't unless he hits multiple enemies at once. But how is that different from Pharah, Junkrat, Genji etc catching multiple enemies in 1 attack.

2 All of his shield avoiding attacks drop his defenses. Reinhardt has a large body which means he's focus fired easily. I've often seen a fire strike not even go off as a full hp Reinhardt gets deleted by the enemy team mid attack.

3 His shield can be taken down quickly by several characters. If they are used it does go down quick. Hanzo, Pharah, and Roadhog focus firing Reinhardt's shield can take it down in under 2 seconds from full health. I'm not going to use Bastion as an example since he isn't used often in comp and it is his job to tank buster.

4. This was by far your dumbest point as adding team responsibility on to a hero suddenly makes the character easier to play. So now adding your responsibilty to manage your Ana's ultimate suddenly lowers the skill floor. Reinhardt is one of the hardest strategical characters to play. It's not simply aim well to be good and practice mechanics of characters. Dumb Reinhardt's who just charge mindlessly end up being put out of their misery quickly. Nano boost doesn't help in the spawn room.
10/21/2016 01:43 PMPosted by ManBearPig
10/21/2016 01:20 PMPosted by xRaychub
Nerf roadhog before touching other tanks seriously out of all the tanks roadhog is legit a dps / tank / self heal hybrid. With the ult charges nerf we can't effectively use him as a ult charging battery.

Why shouldn't he be an ultimate charger anymore?

He can it would just take longer due to ult nerfs and if that roadhog lands one hook its gg anyways I see so many vids of hook by passing the 4th wall its annoying to the people that get hooked and the roadhog can sometimes hooks weird target.

In all that hook needs to be freaking fix. Its annoying to die to a hog when he side hooks you through a mei wall.
Ayyyy here's a post I can respond to. I got like 140 hours Reinhardt, mostly quick play cause I played a lot more when the game first came out, but around 60-70 hours competitive across both seasons.

Although I'd like to take a second to say that more hours does not mean a more valid opinion. You can know you're stuff without grinding time on a hero just cause you think he's a blast like I do. Moving on.

This hero is super fair, but extremely mainable. I climbed 51-62 last season and 2550-3080 this season just playing this guy, almost entirely solo que cause most of my friends quit this game already. I don't believe that I could climb with one hero because the hero is broken, I just think that the hero is almost universally good with every team. Obviously he's not absolutely the best pick in every situation, but honestly how many times have you heard someone say "Oh hey Rein, I don't think that hero is good right now, do you think you could switch?"

I do agree that his ult charges pretty fast. I would like to see it take a little longer to charge, although I would also really want to see it's hitbox and line of sight issues addressed. You've played a lot of hours OP, you know how annoying it is when a vital target doesn't get stunned because half his body was behind a corner, or worse, a lamp. I'm not saying the ult is too weak by any means, just somewhat inconsistent. I want it rebalanced, but not just straight up nerfed.

Obviously charge ignores shields, so does his left click, they're melee abilities. I'm not sure what nerf you're implying he needs by saying that. Also like half of Reinhardt 1v1s are won by just not charging first. Even if you hit, there's a big chance their team kills you before you accomplish anything else, at least in my experience. Firestrike would be kind of useless if it couldn't go through shields, isn't it meant to be a sort of siege ability against less mobile targets sitting behind shields? I think the problem with firestrike still lies with ult charging too fast, not the strike itself.

Reinhardt's shield is just strong enough to do what it's supposed to do. You mentioned how the best time to use shield is to coordinate a big push. Well just like it takes coordination for the team to use the shield, it takes some coordination for the other team to destroy it quickly. That's not broken, that's just encouraging teamwork from both sides.

Ana boost with Rein is pretty ridiculous, but even Blizzard knows that I think, they took off the movespeed bonus in PTR. Either way, I disagree that a good combo is the same as a lower skill cap. Like no one says Hanzo has a low skill cap because he kills everyone in Zarya ult or vice versa ya feel?

Interesting post, I can see you put thought into it, but I gotta respectfully disagree on this one.