Console players feeling like second class citizens.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
I dont care if blizzard makes money or not. If overwatch didn't exist it wouldn't bother me. Its not like its a super amazing game. Its average at best.

One must then ask: what are you doing here?
Consoles are the reason we have !@#$ty ports back and forth.
Honestly, I like the casual feeling on console. Pc players in majority are too toxic and they feel superior only by playing with a mouse. I have both versions but I feel more confortable playing on console
(Hmmm I feel like collecting some downvotes)

Console should have an exclusive character like on Soul Calibur 2 to make up for being on the back burner all this time

(That should do it)
10/09/2016 03:12 PMPosted by steamfoxxe
Sounds like a 'you' problem-do not speak for me. As a console user, I'm perfectly content. Also, 'to tell us what to think'-woooooow.

If you can shrug off the problems on the console version that easily then chances are you do not play on console and are full of !@#$.
10/10/2016 08:23 AMPosted by Bus9ja2d

Console should have an exclusive character like on Soul Calibur 2 to make up for being on the back burner all this time

(That should do it)

Would be nice but then people would complain because you can't satisfy everyone. Consoles need something exclusive. Perhaps a special spray like the playstation logo for ps4 players and Xbox logo for xbox players, honestly people would still complain but it would be over a freaking spray instead.
10/10/2016 08:23 AMPosted by Bus9ja2d

(That should do it)

No, first of all !@#$ PLATFORM EXCLUSIVE ANYTHING IN VIDEO GAMES
They can only update the game so often due to Microsoft and Sony having to aprove updates for the game.
Would have been nice for console players to get discounted PC version or something.
I ended up buying PC version just to mess around in after my first 100 levels on PS4. I'm fine with the state of console, like the others said, PC is always going to be the main attraction for Blizzard.
As for the widowmaker nerf, I was in several QP matches with two paired widows obviously using mouse/keyboard. Pretty annoying but I suppose thanks to the nerf they still lost 3 games in a row until one of them switched to hanzo the last stretch of a payload map. As far as I know she needs a rework to be more viable on both platforms... but it would suck to have to deal with more mouse/keyboard widows dominating games if they ended up buffing her on console.
10/09/2016 03:07 PMPosted by Vidiot
I feel like Blizzard started strong with the platform support but then just dropped it.

Nerfing Torbion on the consoles was originally a good idea, one they could undo now to be honest with the one hero limit and most people smart / experienced enough now to deal with him. Symmetra should NEVER have been nerfed. Period.

Widowmaker should NOT have been nerfed on the consoles.

60 tic servers for PC ... consoles are still waiting for ours or even a official comment on the matter.

Consoles need more or different voice commands to make up for no chat. I can't believe there isn't a attack my target, push now or other handy lines. Other than group up and ultimate status are there even useful commands?

Blizzard needs to add a console section for the forums as our game isn't the same as the PC. Release notes and even community conversations should be separate if just to shut people up about metas the pros use ON PC, which would be very different on console.

But we have no meta, because we have no pro players to tell us what to think And we have a shared forum where console players get ignored. Simple little standard things like this really press home the second class citizen vibe console players have been receiving as of late.

Apologies that you feel this way. It is never our intention to make any part of the playerbase feel undervalued.

To address some of your specific points:

Both Xbox and PS4 run at 60hz -- same as PC. This went live on September 13.

We see player complaints about Torbjorn, Symmetra and Widowmaker across the board. We don't see these as console-specific problems. These are problems we are actively working on addressing on all platforms. When we do get around to making changes, we will certainly re-evaluate the console specific changes made to Torbjorn and Symmetra, but we see the problem going beyond just console. Widowmaker has changes that we're testing right now. Symmetra is being worked on as well. Torb is not on our immediate radar but we'll consider looking at him again eventually.

We've debated whether or not to create console-specific forums for some time. Our decision not to was deliberately to embrace the idea of "one community" and not split focus too much. While the platforms have some differences, we'd like to believe there are way more similarities and we didn't want to segment too many people off. We will certainly revisit this over time.

Lastly, there are a number of control pad specific changes being tested right now. Our next patch will deliver these to players based entirely on console feedback. We're trying really hard to listen to the console community and make changes to improve the game for them.

We'll continue to try to make more of an effort. In the meantime, I hope this clarifies what we've been doing.
Highly Rated
Thanks for the update, Mr. Kaplan.
I feel like Blizzard started strong with the platform support but then just dropped it.

Nerfing Torbion on the consoles was originally a good idea, one they could undo now to be honest with the one hero limit and most people smart / experienced enough now to deal with him. Symmetra should NEVER have been nerfed. Period.

60 tic servers for PC ... consoles are still waiting for ours or even a official comment on the matter.

Consoles need more or different voice commands to make up for no chat. I can't believe there isn't a attack my target, push now or other handy lines. Other than group up and ultimate status are there even useful commands?

Blizzard needs to add a console section for the forums as our game isn't the same as the PC. Release notes and even community conversations should be separate if just to shut people up about metas the pros use ON PC, which would be very different on console.

But we have no meta, because we have no pro players to tell us what to think And we have a shared forum where console players get ignored. Simple little standard things like this really press home the second class citizen vibe console players have been receiving as of late.

Problem solved, don't play on consoles.
I do believe that you are doing your best with the control pad thing and I am sure Symmetra will be good again once her rework is done.

There are advantages to using console too, like the fact you don't really see anybody trying to use aim bots etc. like in every PC shooter.

If there was one thing you could do to improve the console experience I would say it would be doing something about the XIM users, maybe they are a tiny part of the player base but even the knowledge they exist is demoralising for us controller users.
10/10/2016 08:55 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Apologies that you feel this way. It is never our intention to make any part of the playerbase feel undervalued.

We see player complaints about Torbjorn, Symmetra and Widowmaker across the board. We don't see these as console-specific problems. These are problems we are actively working on addressing on all platforms. When we do get around to making changes, we will certainly re-evaluate the console specific changes made to Torbjorn and Symmetra, but we see the problem going beyond just console. Widowmaker has changes that we're testing right now. Symmetra is being worked on as well. Torb is not on our immediate radar but we'll consider looking at him again eventually.

We've debated whether or not to create console-specific forums for some time. Our decision not to was deliberately to embrace the idea of "one community" and not split focus too much. While the platforms have some differences, we'd like to believe there are way more similarities and we didn't want to segment too many people off. We will certainly revisit this over time.

Lastly, there are a number of control pad specific changes being tested right now. Our next patch will deliver these to players based entirely on console feedback. We're trying really hard to listen to the console community and make changes to improve the game for them.

We'll continue to try to make more of an effort. In the meantime, I hope this clarifies what we've been doing.

I agree with most of this, especially the single community. That said, I disagree with Torb and Sym. You nerfed these characters because people were rolling multiple of these, and they were over powered in these situations. This really isn't the case now with comp. I can walk up to a Torb turret as Lucio and just take it out. This isn't how it works on PC, and I don't think this is the idea for Torb in the long run.
Torb is not on our immediate radar but we'll consider looking at him again eventually.

As much a relief I find this post to be. You guys really need to look more into the swedish dwarf(and also fix his hammer speed bug)

I know you won't reply to this post but I sincerely hope you just see it.

You need to remember your words jeff. This is a game about heroes first and foremost!

Thanks so much for the response, Mr. Kaplan! I hope that most of the community on here reads your reply!
Looks like Torb is gonna be trash tier for a long time
10/09/2016 03:18 PMPosted by MrRowboat
10/09/2016 03:16 PMPosted by GrinkdaBoy
you knew what you were getting into by buying on console

You're right. I do enjoy not playing with rage babies and people spouting "kill yourself" in the chatbox every game.

those words perfectly describe the console community though
10/10/2016 09:02 AMPosted by Bus9ja2d
I do believe that you are doing your best with the control pad thing and I am sure Symmetra will be good again once her rework is done.

There are advantages to using console too, like the fact you don't really see anybody trying to use aim bots etc. like in every PC shooter.

If there was one thing you could do to improve the console experience I would say it would be doing something about the XIM users, maybe they are a tiny part of the player base but even the knowledge they exist is demoralising for us controller users.

This, please Jeff, please clarify about Blizzards view on Xim users.

Getting stomped by people with >50% accuracy on McCree is breaking competetive.

Google their username and you see Youtube videos they uploaded with 'destroying console players with xim lol'

Console players asked for separate forum section because right now it is hard to communicate things related to gameplay. The perspective on a lot of heroes is so much dependent on the platform that it creates misunderstandings between players of different platforms.