PC Bangs are ruining this game

General Discussion
Blizzard if you know they hack in PC Bangs. Why are you supporting them? the owner of the PC Bang should be held accountable for letting his customers hack

are you planning to do anything about this? there are numerous articles regarding this matter here is a good one

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4x7x03/asian_overwatch_server_is_being_ruined_by_pc_bangs/

even other Koreans think this is wrong

please Blizzard this needs to stop
I think the easy answer is to ban korean ips from non-korean servers. With how popular cyber cafes are in korea it'd be weird and a huge missed opportunity for the department handling Korean operations to ban cyber cafes, but, if you segregate them from the other regions then at least the problem becomes less wide spread.
10/26/2016 07:12 PMPosted by RoamingDrunk
I think the easy answer is to ban korean ips from non-korean servers. With how popular cyber cafes are in korea it'd be weird and a huge missed opportunity for the department handling Korean operations to ban cyber cafes, but, if you segregate them from the other regions then at least the problem becomes less wide spread.

I think this is the easiest bandaid on the problem.
Yeah, prevent valid customers from properly competing internationally because of bad apples and force matches between US and KR teams to be played on SEA servers instead of Europe like required by any online play ruleset ever, because ping neutrality.
What a great solution! Also totally wouldn't require you to seal off other markets like eastern europe. Hell, why not seal off every market? Who cares about friends across nations? Who cares about the clearly advertized feature that we will be able to play on and keep the progress for any server we like apart from china? Who cares about the customers that do not have an IP that is situated in the country they live in? Who cares about people using VPNs?

Seriously though, it's a terrible solution that almost no one will be happy with, especially not the people from South Korea who try to raise awareness of this problem, because currently their way out of getting a bunch of clear hackers every second game is to play on the EU and US servers.
"Oh, you don't like playing with hackers that we can't ban? Sorry, here's our solution: We lock you in with those hackers so you learn to love them"

/edit: I guess me getting downvoted into oblivion means people don't actually care about this problem that many Korean players face and just want Koreans gone from "their" servers…
hold the phone im asking blizzard to deal with PC Bangs not with the entire korean population that plays overwatch give them a reason not to hack punish the owner of the PC Bang for all the hackers in his shop because right now there is 0 downside to hacking in a PC Bang
Or you could ask bilzzard to go to the actual source of the problem....Not the bangs but the hacks themselves.

Get some detection systems in place and update them frequently to adjust to the most recent "hacks"....

The bangs at the end of the day aren't the issue so much as is internet anonymity and ease of access to hacks and new accounts.
10/26/2016 07:43 PMPosted by DireSyndrome
Yeah, prevent valid customers from properly competing internationally because of bad apples and force matches between US and KR teams to be played on SEA servers instead of Europe like required by any online play ruleset ever, because ping neutrality.
What a great solution! Also totally wouldn't require you to seal off other markets like eastern europe.

A.) That's the entire logic behind leavers causing losses for their teams in ranked. A few bad apples still ruin the integrity of the system. The best you can do is aim to minimize the effect.

B.) This hasn't been a substantial phenomena amongst the EU region players so I don't know why you're jumping the shark on that one and talking about sealing the market off. To be honest though I don't even know why you're bothering to talk about markets when you clearly don't know much about them or you'd realize cyber cafes are a much smaller part of gaming in the EU compared to the asias like South Korea.

C.) If we do nothing like you're suggesting then everybody gets to suffer because "omg, you can't fix a problem unless the solution is perfect!"
I think one solution would be to create a "PC Cafe Client" for overwatch specifically.
That way only Korean Cafe's can play against Korean Cafe's - this wouldn't be a LAN since all PC Gaming Cafe's would need to buy a specific license to use it and it would be inclusive of all Cafe clients in Asia.

This is a win \ win for everyone.
If they don't buy the Cafe license - the IP and hardware gets banned - that is the owner of the Cafe's fault.

If they do buy a Cafe' license - they only play against other Cafe' players - which means if they cheat - they are playing with other cheaters. Infact you could record all the games and put them on youtube - cheaters complaining about cheaters in cafe's - it would be a viral video in seconds.

This quickly "isolates" the issue allows more drastic measures to take place as needed.

Edit:
Just incase there is a small chance Blizzard considers the idea - but worries about the implementation. All it would need is a client flag and nothing more for match making. It can still use the exact same blizzard servers as everyone else.

The match making would simply only match with other "cafe" clients.
10/26/2016 07:50 PMPosted by RoamingDrunk

A.) That's the entire logic behind leavers causing losses for their teams in ranked. A few bad apples still ruin the integrity of the system. The best you can do is aim to minimize the effect.

B.) This hasn't been a substantial phenomena amongst the EU region players so I don't know why you're jumping the shark on that one and talking about sealing the market off. To be honest though I don't even know why you're bothering to talk about markets when you clearly don't know much about them or you'd realize cyber cafes are a much smaller part of gaming in the EU compared to the asias like South Korea.

C.) If we do nothing like you're suggesting then everybody gets to suffer because "omg, you can't fix a problem unless the solution is perfect!"
What the heck are you talking about? Your solution is to seal off the korean market so every "proper" customer over there is locked in to play with hackers. That's not a solution, that's more problems you create.

A.) Yes, but you should minimize the effect by solving the problem, not by sealing off the problem. The main issue here is that Korean players suffer when they play on their own server, not that US or EU players suffer when Koreans play on EU and US servers. You don't solve that by shutting them off, you don't even minimize it. You just make it worse by a factor of infinity.

B.) Who is talking about cyber cafes in the EU? I'm not. Not sure what you tried to read into that. I said if you acted consequently you would have to shut off the Eastern Europe market. Never said anything about cyber cafes, not even remotely. But because "you know the market so well and I don't": games are considerably cheaper there and hacking is more prevalent because of it.

C.) I am not suggesting to do nothing, never did. But whatever Blizzard does, it shouldn't make the problem considerably worse, like what you are suggesting. It should reduce or solve the problem.
10/26/2016 07:49 PMPosted by Tex
Or you could ask bilzzard to go to the actual source of the problem....Not the bangs but the hacks themselves.

Get some detection systems in place and update them frequently to adjust to the most recent "hacks"....

The bangs at the end of the day aren't the issue so much as is internet anonymity and ease of access to hacks and new accounts.

The bangs are the issues its a safe place to use hacks

if they get rid of the ability to hack in PC bangs then people will be less inclined to use hacks because there's a better chance of them getting caught
10/26/2016 07:43 PMPosted by DireSyndrome
What a great solution! Also totally wouldn't require you to seal off other markets like eastern europe. Hell, why not seal off every market? Who cares about friends across nations? Who cares about the clearly advertized feature that we will be able to play on and keep the progress for any server we like apart from china? Who cares about the customers that do not have an IP that is situated in the country they live in? Who cares about people using VPNs?

Seriously though, it's a terrible solution that almost no one will be happy with, especially not the people from South Korea who try to raise awareness of this problem, because currently their way out of getting a bunch of clear hackers every second game is to play on the EU and US servers.
"Oh, you don't like playing with hackers that we can't ban? Sorry, here's our solution: We lock you in with those hackers so you learn to love them"

/edit: I guess me getting downvoted into oblivion means people don't actually care about this problem that many Korean players face and just want Koreans gone from "their" servers…
What if instead of all Korean ips being banned, they created a server for PC bangs and restricted the ips of the computers in PC bangs to that server?
10/26/2016 07:04 PMPosted by PrezCamacho
Blizzard if you know they hack in PC Bangs. Why are you supporting them? the owner of the PC Bang should be held accountable for letting his customers hack

are you planning to do anything about this? there are numerous articles regarding this matter here is a good one

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4x7x03/asian_overwatch_server_is_being_ruined_by_pc_bangs/

What does holding them accountable actually mean? Are you going to sue a Korean via an American court? Or if you're Blizzard, are you going to cut-off a major access point for the Korean player base? This isn't as simple of a problem as standing up suddenly and "doing something about it".
10/28/2016 07:41 PMPosted by RoamingDrunk
10/26/2016 07:04 PMPosted by PrezCamacho

What does holding them accountable actually mean? Are you going to sue a Korean via an American court? Or if you're Blizzard, are you going to cut-off a major access point for the Korean player base? This isn't as simple of a problem as standing up suddenly and "doing something about it".

Well they could sue them in Korean court for devaluing their intellectual property by allowing players to cheat in their cafe' without doing anything.
But I think the best way they should've went about this was hire a better sales person in the beginning, like I could literally show this scenario to a 12 yo that simply plays overwatch:
We are gonna negotiate a deal with PC Bangs and allow them to create free accounts while players are playing there.
12 y.o.: But doesn't that mean if they cheat and get banned it costs them nothing?

===>OMG, a 12 yo is better at examining deals than a salesman that probably doesn't even know what Overwatch is, WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!!
Well, this is an old thread, but if those special PC Bang accounts could be corralled into their own cluster so they only play against other PC Bang users...