If PTR is not the place to test, then what is?

General Discussion
I went on the PTR to try our a couple of Ranked games with Widowmaker since she received some buffs, and I really wanted to see how I'll perform with her in a competitive environment (also, there's no QP on PTR currently). Widow is my most played hero on Live, with almost 170 hours, so I'm pretty decent with her.

Every single game so far, including my 10 placement matches, teammates have been trash talking me for picking Widow, telling me to go kill myself, etc. To make it clear, I'm not trolling or throwing the games; in fact, nearly every game I've played with her so far, the enemy team has actually commended me for being such a pain in the !@# and in some instances, completely destroying them.

I mention everytime that this is the PTR and I'm playing there to test Widow. However, this only leads to more toxicity in the games; for example, people pick Bastion and start shooting at the sky, mocking me by saying "This is PTR, I'm playing here to test the stupidity of teammates" or playing Symmetra and building sentries around the spawn entrance and so forth.

They start completely intentionally trolling and throwing the game just because of my hero pick, regardless of my performance and contribution, calling me names and trash talking, just because I mention I wanna help test the changes to Widowmaker.

Why are people so angry when you're playing on the PTR? Nothing on the PTR translates to Live in any way, in terms of stats, ranking, items, wins and losses, etc. NOTHING! No one is gaining/losing anything significant there, except getting more playtime/experience with the heroes they're playing and helping out improve the future balance changes that are being tested on there.

I understand if someone is obviously 100% trolling and throwing games, that can be very irritating. But not being allowed to playtest the heroes that are being changed on a place for playtesting?..
People are morons. You do you.
They need to !@#$ off. You're doing exactly what is intended on those servers. I can't even understand people caring that much about a temporary test servers stats.
Theres this thing where you can disable chat, BAM game becomes 100% more enjoyable.
Some people crave getting a rise out of others to the point where they will go to long lengths just to get under your skin.

It's unfortunate but people like that only get worse the more you interact with them.

Best way to deal with them is to mute or ignore... you will take their enjoyment out of what they are doing and will normally go back to playing the game.

This is no different then bullies in real life. They feed off of your reaction. If your no fun to mess with they will move on.
Those guys sound like asshats.

Also, I'm wondering what you think of PTR widow? I'd really Like to get feedback from someone with a lot of hours in her.
i bought the sony headphones, and you are able to tune out voice on it and turn up game.

i suggest you get a good pair.
This is sadly probably because of them disabling QP. They want to test the placements for CM. But this means everybody, even those just wanting to take one hero for a spin, have to go into 'super-srsbsns' mode to do so.
10/27/2016 12:59 PMPosted by Norek
I went on the PTR to try our a couple of Ranked games with Widowmaker since she received some buffs, and I really wanted to see how I'll perform with her in a competitive environment (also, there's no QP on PTR currently). Widow is my most played hero on Live, with almost 170 hours, so I'm pretty decent with her.

Every single game so far, including my 10 placement matches, teammates have been trash talking me for picking Widow, telling me to go kill myself, etc. To make it clear, I'm not trolling or throwing the games; in fact, nearly every game I've played with her so far, the enemy team has actually commended me for being such a pain in the !@# and in some instances, completely destroying them.

I mention everytime that this is the PTR and I'm playing there to test Widow. However, this only leads to more toxicity in the games; for example, people pick Bastion and start shooting at the sky, mocking me by saying "This is PTR, I'm playing here to test the stupidity of teammates" or playing Symmetra and building sentries around the spawn entrance and so forth.

They start completely intentionally trolling and throwing the game just because of my hero pick, regardless of my performance and contribution, calling me names and trash talking, just because I mention I wanna help test the changes to Widowmaker.

Why are people so angry when you're playing on the PTR? Nothing on the PTR translates to Live in any way, in terms of stats, ranking, items, wins and losses, etc. NOTHING! No one is gaining/losing anything significant there, except getting more playtime/experience with the heroes they're playing and helping out improve the future balance changes that are being tested on there.

I understand if someone is obviously 100% trolling and throwing games, that can be very irritating. But not being allowed to playtest the heroes that are being changed on a place for playtesting?..

I'm really surprised to hear this considering your rank. In my experience rank 3400 and above is when Widowmaker starts becoming a very viable pick. Not to mention generally speaking people in my experience have been pretty laid back on the ptr. I'm guessing you've just had some really bad luck. :(
I am 8 wins - one draw mostly with widow... keep playing her, i plan to finsh up my placement later today.

I've been playing PTR only to test characters and see how they perform in more serious settings, most of my experience has been positive.
This is why I disable chat on PTR and I never normally disable it but after last time; my tolerance levels for morons is 0