Deadeye can't hit the target, literally

General Discussion
Highly Rated
This ult is a joke. Not only it is a suicide button, it decided to stop working all together, literally

https://streamable.com/q9hu

I'm losing my mind, why do i even bother anymore with it.

Here you can see CLEARLY that it hit the target.
https://gfycat.com/SparklingHappyGlobefish#?speed=0.125
#JusticeForDeadeye

Moment the bullet hit her:
https://i.imgsafe.org/d6215781ae.png

Oldish video. Still relevant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ngqK3ekjw
Happened to me once, too. Thought it was a clutch Zarya shield, though.
10/23/2016 05:50 PMPosted by Baseraver
Happened to me once, too. Thought it was a clutch Zarya shield, though.

I don't hear any crackling sounds.
It shoots straight it doesn't curve, that pharah jerked up as soon as you clicked the ult, it probably got a body shot which =/= kill as deadeye headshots. Deadeye isn't instant.
You're not going crazy. You're exhausted.

It's solely because you know that no matter how much proof you provide or how many logical arguments you make; people will still disagree on the irrelevant premise that McCree is a highly picked character in the professional scene, thus he needs a nerf and not an adjustment.

10/23/2016 05:53 PMPosted by Shamx
It shoots straight it doesn't curve, that pharah jerked up as soon as you clicked the ult, it probably got a body shot which =/= kill as deadeye headshots. Deadeye isn't instant.

It should be, considering that he's... Y'know...

A hitscan character. Soldier's Ult is hitscan.
It clearly hit the pharah

https://gfycat.com/SparklingHappyGlobefish#?speed=0.125
10/23/2016 05:48 PMPosted by iSinner
This ult is a joke. Not only it is a suicide button, it decided to stop working all together, literally

https://streamable.com/q9hu

I'm losing my mind, why do i even bother anymore with it.

Literally every top Mcree players are complaining about this in fact, everyone who plays Mcree a lot knows that his ultimate is broken and does not work half of the time. Somewhat same thing is also going on with Roadhog, the only difference is that Roadhog's hook doesn't work properly at all.

I wonder why Blizzard is avoiding these two biggest bug among heroes that has been going on for such a long time.
10/23/2016 05:57 PMPosted by Aberepings

Literally every top Mcree players are complaining about this in fact, everyone who plays Mcree a lot knows that his ultimate is broken and does not work half of the time. Somewhat same thing is also going on with Roadhog, the only difference is that Roadhog's hook doesn't work properly at all.

I wonder why Blizzard is avoiding these two biggest bug among heroes that has been going on for such a long time.

Yet, they've addressed two topics with blue posts regarding Soldier and his recent changes. We've been making threads about McCree's kit since late July, and most of iSinner's threads became highly rated threads.

But not McCree. !@#$ that guy. Just give him a gun.
10/23/2016 05:54 PMPosted by NotMcCree
You're not going crazy. You're exhausted.

It's solely because you know that no matter how much proof you provide or how many logical arguments you make; people will still disagree on the irrelevant premise that McCree is a highly picked character in the professional scene, thus he needs a nerf and not an adjustment.

10/23/2016 05:53 PMPosted by Shamx

It should be, considering that he's... Y'know...

A hitscan character. Soldier's Ult is hitscan.

I agree it should be direct hitscan, but that's what happens though, you can dodge it by quick twitch movements which should NOT be the case. I don't know why I got downvoted but that is what is happening.
maybe it is a projectile, or maybe pharah's hitboxes get weird when boosting, or maybe it's one of those crazy netcode things. someone should test it more and see if they can replicate it.
10/23/2016 06:15 PMPosted by c4ndlejack
maybe it is a projectile, or maybe pharah's hitboxes get weird when boosting, or maybe it's one of those crazy netcode things. someone should test it more and see if they can replicate it.

It's the netcode, that's why you can twitch move in the split 50ms or however long it is.

There is no justifying this.

This is an error that has been noted repeatedly by people who've spent HOURS on him. If it wasn't common, it wouldn't be mentioned as frequently as it has been. You don't need to replicate a trend like this because at every moment, it could potentially be occurring somewhere.
My guess is that it's a ping issue and that server-side, she was already behind the catwalk when you fired. If it's that, it does happen quite a bit with McCree but there's no easy fix.
10/23/2016 06:28 PMPosted by NotMcCree

There is no justifying this.

This is an error that has been noted repeatedly by people who've spent HOURS on him. If it wasn't common, it wouldn't be mentioned as frequently as it has been. You don't need to replicate a trend like this because at every moment, it could potentially be occurring somewhere.

what causes it?
10/23/2016 06:32 PMPosted by Anor
My guess is that it's a ping issue and that server-side, she was already behind the catwalk when you fired. If it's that, it does happen quite a bit with McCree but there's no easy fix.

Deadeye has a slight delay after being fired, thus it makes his Ult lag behind a few milliseconds.

It'd be logical to consider ping an issue if this was so infrequent, but it occurs too frequently. It's the delay after firing.
same !@#$ happens with widowmaker shots
Strange, I always thought this bug only applies to D.Va ults.

NOBODY seem to die from the nuke exploded behind the power pole.
I don't get what the problem is. One target that was locked on went behind something when you fired and the other target was behind something the whole time and then appeared but didn't have a lock. Nothing to see here. It worked as intended.