Unit Bastion E-54 Compromised

General Discussion
So AMIC just hit 100% and the update includes what appears to be a patch note version (in source code) and something about Bastion unit E-54 being compromised. share your theories on what this could mean - what do you think will happen to our Bastion? :O
i dont know?
No, the E-54 Unit is our Bastion (the in-game one), and the site states there's an error with him. In other words, he's the only non-corrupted Bastion unit.
10/18/2016 12:24 PMPosted by notsure
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748794686

What's this? o.o
listen here: view the top part of this place https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/bastion/ the transaction is wierd im sure theres something there
10/18/2016 01:09 PMPosted by Morteth
10/18/2016 12:24 PMPosted by notsure
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748794686

What's this? o.o

the super old post that led to the skull cypher back in late august, nothing new
I really don't know, but we need to check on the Bastion skins (probably the Halloween one) or The Last Bastion animation.

I have the Halloween Bastion skin, but it didn't do anything so I don't know.
here a BASTION E-54 HD Leak

http://imgur.com/gallery/lbFpeWh
10/18/2016 03:44 PMPosted by PNathan
I really don't know, but we need to check on the Bastion skins (probably the Halloween one) or The Last Bastion animation.

I have the Halloween Bastion skin, but it didn't do anything so I don't know.

The comment on the website is the game version number we haven't reached yet. We're just waiting for the game to get patched for something to happen ingame now.
10/18/2016 12:14 PMPosted by DrBoom
So AMIC just hit 100% and the update includes what appears to be a patch note version (in source code) and something about Bastion unit E-54 being compromised. share your theories on what this could mean - what do you think will happen to our Bastion? :O

To be compromised means E-54 is defective. So our Bastion is good guy. Though the Bastions in Eichenwalde will be rising and back in full swing most likely.
You know, it is possible that this isn't hype for a new hero, but rather this is the first time we're seeing some sort of story progression in terms of lore.

It is possible this is hinting at a future story-type mode maybe? It's a stretch, but maybe they're setting up Sombra as a villain who is turning Overwatch against itself once more. Who knows.
My guess (or hope?) is a permanent horde mode vs a bunch of bastions (and other omnics) and since E54 is corrupted it would explain why it is not fighting along side them, and potential even against its former allies.
10/18/2016 03:52 PMPosted by Widowbaeker
My guess (or hope?) is a permanent horde mode vs a bunch of bastions (and other omnics) and since E54 is corrupted it would explain why it is not fighting along side them, and potential even against its former allies.
I hope not.
10/18/2016 03:52 PMPosted by Widowbaeker

this is actually a solid possibility. Could be a short 'story mode' with multiple levels -- sort of like a more complex version of Junkstein's Revenge. Sombra may yet just be a villain rather than a playable hero.
Note how when you combine the RIP victory pose with the Overgrown skin, his eye does NOT flicker.
since we've establish that Sombra is a hacker .. maybe she'll be able to disable our bastion (in game)
10/18/2016 04:04 PMPosted by DavidHasebra
Note how when you combine the RIP victory pose with the Overgrown skin, his eye does NOT flicker.

Confirmed.
10/18/2016 04:46 PMPosted by Ohlyver
since we've establish that Sombra is a hacker .. maybe she'll be able to disable our bastion (in game)
why is that fair? just an ability that "prevents bastion from doing anything". hero specific abilities (target specific heros) would be OP and unfair.