As a Xbox player coming to PC

General Discussion
I've played Overwatch on Xbox for several months. I'm decently ranked atm (3265 SR) and I love this game a lot. But my dear PC players, I'm sorry to say this, but you're absolutely horrible to play with. It's so incredibly toxic in competitive matches, it's ridiculous. Terrible insults are thrown to my head, like cancer !@#$%^ and even more insulting things. I really find it a shame, this is an amazing game, but now I don't even feel like playing a game on PC anymore. I'd rather go back to the console 'peasants' so to speak, because from my experience they are atleast nice and behave in an appropriate way.
i switched from xbox to pc
i say
both are toxic
muting/blocking/reporting exists on PC

I know, having more options than you're used to is confusing but you'll get used to it
10/20/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Noahdjong
I've played Overwatch on Xbox for several months. I'm decently ranked atm (3265 SR) and I love this game a lot. But my dear PC players, I'm sorry to say this, but you're absolutely horrible to play with. It's so incredibly toxic in competitive matches, it's ridiculous. Terrible insults are thrown to my head, like cancer !@#$%^ and even more insulting things. I really find it a shame, this is an amazing game, but now I don't even feel like playing a game on PC anymore. I'd rather go back to the console 'peasants' so to speak, because from my experience they are atleast nice and behave in an appropriate way.

I suggest closing chat window) it makes game great) people don't flame so much in voice chat
I feel you on the comp scene. That's why I don't play comp anymore. QP gives more luck on finding funny people and friendlier folks. But it is all luck. Sad to see a PC player leave though. *mercy crying emote*
10/20/2016 11:21 AMPosted by VitaminX

I know, having more options than you're used to is confusing but you'll get used to it

SIIIIIIIIIIIICK BURN! lol
10/20/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Noahdjong

You should drop to 1000 where players not only tell you who to pick, but won't heal you if you are chosing another hero you feel more comfortable with and that fits the current team comp.
10/20/2016 11:21 AMPosted by VitaminX

All this exists on console... Also there's no chatbox strictly voice chat.
Being part of the master race is not for the thin skinned or the weak willed.
Probably because there isn't text chat on consoles.
10/20/2016 11:21 AMPosted by TurtleGod
i say
both are toxic

Both have toxic players for sure, without a doubt. But I notice it's a lot more present when I'm playing a match on PC. I would say on Xbox I recieve a toxic message 2/10 times and at PC it's atleast 7/10 or 8/10 times.
10/20/2016 11:26 AMPosted by Phamous
All this exists on console...

Reporting players does not.
10/20/2016 11:39 AMPosted by VitaminX

Yes it does. He came from Xbox.
10/20/2016 11:30 AMPosted by Noahdjong
10/20/2016 11:21 AMPosted by TurtleGod
i say
both are toxic

I would say on Xbox I recieve a toxic message 2/10 times and at PC it's atleast 7/10 or 8/10 times.

Simplify those fractions baybee!

On topic: I rarely have trouble on Xbox with truly "toxic players" but if it's that bad on PC I wouldn't be having fun...
10/20/2016 11:39 AMPosted by VitaminX

It does exist and Xbox has quite an effective reporting program.
"Why did you pick Tracer? We're in KOTH. Switch." - Torbjorn
imo NA servers are less toxic than EU servers.
10/20/2016 11:40 AMPosted by Jefflypuff
Yes it does. He came from Xbox.

Oh you mean the Xbox Live reporting thing, sorry I haven't owned a Xbox since I sold my 360 a few years ago so I forgot about that
10/20/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Jefflypuff
10/20/2016 11:30 AMPosted by Noahdjong

I would say on Xbox I recieve a toxic message 2/10 times and at PC it's atleast 7/10 or 8/10 times.

Simplify those fractions baybee!

On topic: I rarely have trouble on Xbox with truly "toxic players" but if it's that bad on PC I wouldn't be having fun...

That's the sad thing about all of this. It isn't fun. Yes, I can disable text chat and voice communication, but you need communication to be an effective team. I've come to the point where I'm thinking: "Let's see how long it takes before someone starts shouting again."