Ilios game loading bug.

Bug Report
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 Next
10/16/2016 01:26 AMPosted by Themonopoly
Yea, to me this happens with EVERY map mainly on comp tho, quick play seems to be fine.

Also the maps I am able to connect take much longer to load

2 hour ban cause i thought the error got fixed :)

+1 for me, taking away Ilios is not going to solve the issue for me even temporarily. Simply cannot play until it is fixed. Still have 2 penalty matches to get out of the 75% exp penalty, very annoying :-/
Pls fix it Blizzard
10/15/2016 10:02 PMPosted by CatsVanBags
I didn't run into any Ilios games tonight. Played about 9 games. I was getting them pretty regularly but not tonight. Wonder if they finally took it off the list.

Same here. Not a single ilios in like 20 games.
I just bought the game a few days ago (Thursday), and freshly installed it along with Battle.net. Obviously I can only play QP at this time, but it's been happening on basically every map since the day I installed it.

Typically, my first match is fine. Then, when the game moves on to the next match, I have to stare at the loading screen for a full minute until I'm able to pick my character. Running on an SSD, so I don't think the issue is on my end.
RxBrad: thanks for confirming that speed is not the issue.
Did you try your textures to medium?
10/15/2016 10:06 AMPosted by StayDown
Guys, just try to set Texture quality to medium or higher.

My problem: first load of Illios is successful, second ends up on load screen and kicked for AFK.
I found out that Low setting of Texture quality is the exact thing that causes the problem.

If your problem is the same as mine, I'm sure this helps.

Oh, some people wrote above this already, I didn't notice that. Just wanted to share with you asap :)

This seems to work for me!
I have been able to load in to Ilios through custom games, 8+ hours in quickplay without getting to play Ilios did not let me test this "for real" though..!
But I am 99% sure that it's fine now.
10/15/2016 10:06 AMPosted by StayDown
Guys, just try to set Texture quality to medium or higher.

My problem: first load of Illios is successful, second ends up on load screen and kicked for AFK.
I found out that Low setting of Texture quality is the exact thing that causes the problem.

If your problem is the same as mine, I'm sure this helps.

Oh, some people wrote above this already, I didn't notice that. Just wanted to share with you asap :)

I changed it here to medium and it semms to work now. I just created 20 custom matches on Ilios and all of them loaded well. Thanks!

I will try on competitive later.
These same issues happen on console as well. Console version actually freezes completely, and you have to kill the game and start it back up. It let me rejoin (All other teammates and opponents appeared to be able to rejoin as well).
Anyone want to update us on their experience with switching to medium texture quality? Anymore freezes after this, any prolonged success with loading the map?
I still get freezes on Medium texture, so it doesn't seem to be a fix, unfortunately.
10/11/2016 02:12 PMPosted by CatsVanBags
Don't have a problem on any other map. I get stuck at loading screen and it shows teams, doesn't move to the select hero screen.

THIS IS MAJOR, PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! First time it happened I waited like 1 min before restarting the game. Second time around I left after 15 seconds, gave me a loss and a disconnect. I'll include a replay when I decide to give a !@#$.

EDIT: ADDED THE WORKAROUND FOR VISIBILITY. ENJOY YOUR STAY AT ILIOS.

BTW GUYS, TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE, YOU HAVE TO SIT AT THE TEAM SCREEN FOR 1 MINUTE. THEN AFTER 1 MINUTE GOES BY (BECAUSE IT THINKS YOU'RE ACTUALLY IN THE GAME) YOU CAN LEAVE THE GAME. AFTER YOU LEAVE THE GAME !IMPORTANT! TRY TO REJOIN. WHEN YOU FAIL TO CONNECT EVEN AFTER THIS, IMMEDIATELY LOG OUT OF THE GAME AND RESTART IT. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO REJOIN, ONLY 1 MINUTE LATE, OR HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES FOR YOU TO RELOAD YOUR GAME. SORRY WOODEN PC OWNERS.

I MARKED THIS AS A SOLUTION BECAUSE IT'S ALL WE HAVE UNTIL THEY DECIDE TO FIX IT. MY ASSUMPTION BASED ON THE SPEED OF BLIZZARD (COMPARABLE TO A SLUG ON SALT) THAT THIS WILL TAKE 1 MONTH TO CORRECT. CAPS.

EDIT: 10/14/16 To those of you visiting from Reddit, please contribute so we can get more response from our dear friends at Blizzard Corp.

I tried this and it didnt work... i left and came back 3 times and still lost 100 sp and wasnt able to play
When you pay for good quality game but they give u !@#$ service instead
Didn't have it over the weekend. Resurfaced 10 minutes ago so had to close the game then relaunch.

This is getting a bit ridiculous. I love your games Blizz but enough is enough. This is getting people banned for something they've not even done and they're losing ranks because of it.
Has anyone tried to see if this problem occurs in the PTR?
That's a good question actually.

Does the ptr have all the halloween stuff?
2 hour ban here. So !@#$ing mad, this has been happening to me for three days now.
After getting banned for season on competitive and getting multiple leaver penalties because of infinite loading screen and then players being invisible when lets me play. I uninstalled completely may try to play again in a 6 or so months or never.
Anyone break the curse yet? And news?
I want to say that ilios is not in the rotation, because it's the only map I haven't seen in quickplay/comp at all.

It would be really nice if they said something though.
First time playing comp in a couple weeks today, and this happened to me 3 times on Lijiang Tower... didn't see Ilios at all.