Any way to hide my online status on Battle.net?

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
Highly Rated
Simple, I don't want to show up as InGame playing overwatch, I want to show as Online/Busy/Offline or whatever so I dont get flooded with invites. Is this possible? Thanks.
10/28/2016 02:10 PMPosted by GoldenWrench
Simple, I don't want to show up as InGame playing overwatch, I want to show as Online or whatever so I dont get flooded with invites. Is this possible? Thanks.
Nope. If the invites bother you that much, clear your friends list
Just delete them or decline them. I wish I had friends.
10/28/2016 02:10 PMPosted by GoldenWrench
Simple, I don't want to show up as InGame playing overwatch, I want to show as Online or whatever so I dont get flooded with invites. Is this possible? Thanks.

If that's the issue you can disable invites from the in-game settings. When you want to be invited again, just re-enable it.
If you're outside the US just put bnet in offline mode and start up OW. It puts you on the US servers so you don't show up as online in game. I had to do this to avoid getting invited by players wanting to be carried when I was ranking up.
We would like to add an "Appear Offline" option to Overwatch. We are in the process of coordinating this with Battle.net and the other game teams. Because our social system is a cross-game system (WoW, Hearthstone, Heroes, SC2, D3) adding this functionality is not trivial for us. I know there has been discussion around this feature for a long time, and things have definitely not moved at a rate which is acceptable, I can assure you we care about the feature and want to figure out how to make it happen.

For your particular issue regarding invites, you can go into the Social Options menu and turn off invites.

Thanks for being patient with us.
Highly Rated
Ahoy there, Mr. Kaplan!

Thanks for the update. Me and my friends were just talking in our group text about how much fun we've been having. Overwatch gets better and better and better.

Cheers
10/28/2016 02:53 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We would like to add an "Appear Offline" option to Overwatch. We are in the process of coordinating this with Battle.net and the other game teams. Because our social system is a cross-game system (WoW, Hearthstone, Heroes, SC2, D3) adding this functionality is not trivial for us. I know there has been discussion around this feature for a long time, and things have definitely not moved at a rate which is acceptable, I can assure you we care about the feature and want to figure out how to make it happen.

For your particular issue regarding invites, you can go into the Social Options menu and turn off invites.

Thank you for this. I was wondering if/when this would be added.
10/28/2016 02:55 PMPosted by daS

I wish I had a definitive "when" to provide. Hopefully a decent first step is just knowing that we aren't opposed to the idea and want to embrace it.
Battle.net

I am surprised you haven't started using the name Battle Tech yet.

Or B.Tech [ Though many people might wonder why a game company offers a bachelors degree in technology - I wonder if anyone even considered it ]

Though honestly us oldies will always call it Battle.net regardless of corporate moniker polices.
Aight. Will wait patiently.
10/28/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

I wish I had a definitive "when" to provide. Hopefully a decent first step is just knowing that we aren't opposed to the idea and want to embrace it.
Fantastic. I know you and the Overwatch team are busy, but this is reassuring. Thanks for keeping us updated on features you're looking into.
I like this idea but never propose it in the WoW forums. Everyone just gets made and shouts over a feature that only ever gets proposed as optional to use.

Blizz doesn't do "when". Only "soon".

Sorta like a certain Japanese racing game creator.
PLEASE add an Appear Offline feature to Battle.net. I've been wishing for this for years. Actual human years, not dog years.

The issue is more the social implications of either refusing to add a friend or misunderstandings that come from not wanting to group at that moment in time (maybe you have to go pretty soon and don't want to cut someone off or just feel like doing your own thing for a while without having to explain yourself) that makes turning off invites insufficient.

I am aware that it's not you personally or the OW team that's standing in the way of this change but it would be so very nice to have
W

Couldja pay this post a visit..? http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749677573?page=1#post-5

Also, there's a few things i'm confused about.
10/28/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Really? You're not opposed to the idea? When exactly did you decide that? Maybe this gets into some weird office politics stuff that you can't talk about publicly, but it definitely seemed like the feature got quietly axed some time between when you announced it was coming Soon™ four years ago and today.