Overwatch Event Ending Early?

General Discussion
Hello,

I was playing a few games of Overwatch for my last loot box of the event before I broke down and bought the Witch Mercy Skin for 3000 gold. To my surprise, I was unable to make purchases after 3pm PT, I was very disappointed because I made sure to research the exact time they would shut down the event. Here it states that the event ends at 4pm PT. Link below:

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch-loot-box-seasonal

What can I do about this? Will I have to wait until next year?

Thanks,
same with me
Man, that really stinks. I was also "aware" of the ostensible end time and would've likely fallen into the same trap except that I knew I'd be at work at 4 PT yesterday. So went ahead the day before and used coins for the items I wanted that hadn't dropped yet.
Same thing happened with the Summer Games event. Blizzard can't keep their word apparently and don't care about making it right with those upset about it. Make sure to get your loot early next event and plan on them ending early.
The most you can do is make your voice heard here.
Oh actually if you think a company is going to do what it says when it says and then complain if they don't, then you are a typical millenial whiner, entitled, procrastinator and should learn to respect your elders.

Please god let me buy the mercy skin I will pay so much money why would you end the event so quickly!?!?
11/02/2016 12:13 PMPosted by Frink
a typical millenial whiner, entitled, procrastinator and should learn to respect your elders.

It actually makes more logical sense to have waited until the end before dropping credits on something. In the case of a legendary skin, you'd have spent 3000 credits. If you, afterward, got that skin from a loot box, you'd have been rewarded with far fewer credits, thereby having thrown away the difference (over 2000 credits).

The ones who got screwed were the ones who were actually playing it smart from a consumerist standpoint.
11/02/2016 12:13 PMPosted by Frink
Oh actually if you think a company is going to do what it says when it says and then complain if they don't, then you are a typical millenial whiner, entitled, procrastinator and should learn to respect your elders.

Please god let me buy the mercy skin I will pay so much money why would you end the event so quickly!?!?

Hello millenial whiner.
You are out of luck till next year. Best to get the skins a day before the event end.
Be thankful you had an opportunity to buy limited event skins this time, as it did not exist for thr Summer Event. Be upset with yourself for being ill prepared.
11/02/2016 12:43 PMPosted by Irres
Be thankful you had an opportunity to buy limited event skins this time, as it did not exist for thr Summer Event. Be upset with yourself for being ill prepared.
This is

Uh

Wow
11/02/2016 12:43 PMPosted by Irres

He said he researched and was prepared. How was he ill prepared when he read and prepared for the event to end at 4?
Because he waited till 3.
11/02/2016 12:48 PMPosted by Irres
Because he waited till 3.

But he researched and prepared. 3 was not when it was said to end. By preparing waiting till 3 should have been fine.
Yea I got !@#$ed too. I've been grinding my easy 22 levels to get lootboxes only to find out the event gets shut down early and I couldn't purchase anything.

If Blizzard thinks I'll ever buy lootboxes after this they are dead wrong.
I was missing 100 for the Mercy skin, woke up to find the event was gone early. =( BRING IT BACK ONE DAY!!
Look guys seriously, I know its frustrating but it's not going to change anything, and well... we did have 15+ Days to get all that sweet content, and while the time difference (1hr - See my other related posts on PDT Vs. PST) We/you/us should have gotten what we wanted before waiting for the last minute.

I missed out on 2 skins, but I chose not to get them,(now missing Skulyatta and Soldier, boo) I got the Junkenstein Skin before midnight on Monday night (Just in case) using coins. I then received 3 more lootboxes with no skins. However I got what I wanted because I made sure I didn't leave things for the last minute. I'm not trying to preach to anyone, but still... c'mon... When you want something you make sure you get it, you don't wait until the last second.
11/02/2016 02:10 PMPosted by Trafikant
Look guys seriously, I know its frustrating but it's not going to change anything, and well... we did have 15+ Days to get all that sweet content, and while the time difference (1hr - See my other related posts on PDT Vs. PST) We/you/us should have gotten what we wanted before waiting for the last minute.

I missed out on 2 skins, but I chose not to get them,(now missing Skulyatta and Soldier, boo) I got the Junkenstein Skin before midnight on Monday night (Just in case) using coins. I then received 3 more lootboxes with no skins. However I got what I wanted because I made sure I didn't leave things for the last minute. I'm not trying to preach to anyone, but still... c'mon... When you want something you make sure you get it, you don't wait until the last second.

Actually, posting on forums is a good way to get the attention of developers, and not bad at all.
You had almost an entire month. You can't now complain about 60 minutes. You gambled and lost. Go read that Terms of Service. I'm sure somewhere in there it mentions this section (9B):

"Alterations to Battle.net and the Games.
Blizzard may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of Battle.net, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Games at any time, including removing items, or revising the effectiveness of items in an effort to balance a Game. Blizzard may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of Battle.net, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Games without notice or liability."

Sorry you didn't research quite enough
11/02/2016 02:20 PMPosted by prophet
You had almost an entire month. You can't now complain about 60 minutes. You gambled and lost. Go read that Terms of Service. I'm sure somewhere in there it mentions this section (9B):

"Alterations to Battle.net and the Games.
Blizzard may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of Battle.net, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Games at any time, including removing items, or revising the effectiveness of items in an effort to balance a Game. Blizzard may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of Battle.net, Battle.net Client, Accounts or the Games without notice or liability."

Sorry you didn't research quite enough

Yeah man they could just shut down all the servers for a week and anyone who complains is a stupid lazy entitled millenial uh doy doy