Higher than normal latency Brazil - NET Virtua

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
We are currently looking into two major Internet Service Provider issues: Global Village Telecom and NET Virtua. It is always recommended that the community also contact these Internet Service Providers. This simply helps ensure the ISP is helping to look into this issue as well.

Thank you!
11/08/2016 09:06 AMPosted by BloodyHammer
11/08/2016 08:58 AMPosted by PapelCarbono

Maybe is the region? Where are you guys from?

Brazil. Blumenau, Santa Catarina.

I am from Minas Gerais. So it is proprably country-wide.
11/08/2016 10:57 AMPosted by PapelCarbono
11/08/2016 09:06 AMPosted by BloodyHammer

Brazil. Blumenau, Santa Catarina.

I am from Minas Gerais. So it is proprably country-wide.

Brazil. Bauru, Sao Paulo
11/08/2016 09:57 AMPosted by Zuvykree
We are currently looking into two major Internet Service Provider issues: Global Village Telecom and NET Virtua. It is always recommended that the community also contact these Internet Service Providers. This simply helps ensure the ISP is helping to look into this issue as well.

Thank you!

The problem is that here in Brazil the internet providers dont give a bloody F* about their customers. Contact them leads to nothing but to generate even more stress to ourselves, trust me I'm not exaggerating. They just start to do something about it when S* comes from above. So I thank you guys for contacting them for us. I hope that this gives them a reason to starting solving this issue.

Update 1: Even after 3h after blizz contact the problem was not solved. I'll keep you guys posted about it but I think that they will solve it only tomorrow (if its fast).

Update 2: 5 hours later and still no improvement. It has gotten a lil worse to be honest.

Update 3: 14 hours lates and still no improvement.

Update 4: more than 24 hours later and still no improvement. I noticed that I'm being redirected to servers on the USA. The last server that I was on is located in Irvine, California, United States even though I live on Brazil. Why is that happening Blizz?
11/08/2016 01:04 PMPosted by Airaneon

Thank you!

The problem is that here in Brazil the internet providers dont give a bloody F* about their customers. Contact them leads to nothing but to generate even more stress to ourselves, trust me I'm not exaggerating. They just start to do something about it when S* comes from above. So I thank you guys for contacting them for us. I hope that this gives them a reason to starting solving this issue.

Update1: Even after 3h after blizz contact the problem was not solved. I'll keep you guys posted about it but I think that they will solve it only tomorrow (if its fast).

Solve something fast? Brazil? haha nice one
Im in the Uk on BT and getting massive spikes

Thank you!

Thanks, having the same issue with NET Virtua here! Contacting them right now isn't helping because I don't have latency issues anywhere else, only Blizz games - all others I'm getting 10-30ms as normal, so they say there's nothing they can do...
11/08/2016 03:28 PMPosted by Hpstp

Thank you!

Thanks, having the same issue with NET Virtua here! Contacting them right now isn't helping because I don't have latency issues anywhere else, only Blizz games - all others I'm getting 10-30ms as normal, so they say there's nothing they can do...

Standard response as always.

Thank you!

heh so im having the same issue today only (hanging at 180ms so far) and I'm Northeast US
usually have great ping

edit: Outside of the game my ping is 9ms
BUMP! Same problem here!
11/08/2016 07:19 AMPosted by romulator
11/07/2016 10:49 AMPosted by Maroo
I played in the Singapore server which is the Americas according to Blizzard client, and yeah i got 150 ping too today.

I'm from Singapore as well and I have high ping today too. Stopped playing for the day due to that.

Today i started playing in Asia server. No one speaks english but at least i got 80 pings which i used to back in the day of Garena hahaha. Hope they fix this issue soon.
Just updating on the ping status. Game is unplayable now as ping is around 200+. it's pretty much worse than yesterday. checked with all of my other singaporean friends and they are facing high ping as well. doubt the issue is with our hardware/service provider. this only started happening after the update, so maybe something went wrong during the patch? hope someone from tech support reads this.
11/08/2016 03:28 PMPosted by Hpstp

Thank you!

We need blizzard to solve this problem, we cant count on net virtua
And here is another day without conditions to play any of those blizzard games that im used to play at least 10 hours daily. Hope someone can fix that soon.
still no improvement
I somehow play better in Europe than in America now...
i am a NET Virtua Customer and since Sombra's PTR patch, i have been getting 150~180ms in American servers, including in original game. I have already contacted NET support, they changed my modem for a new one and nothing has improved... Velocity test websites says it's ok, my ping is fine, but in game the !@#$ is real. BTW, repair the game doesn't work. Honestly, i don't know what to do...
I should have suspected this was on NET's end... good to see Blizzard is on it since they just ignore customers.
Not sure if something has changed, but PTR used to be only on US servers, so I always got higher latency there. Right now, I'm getting the exact same latency on PTR and actual game at around 130ms... Unless there's PTR servers in LA now, it seems like it's somehow routing through US servers on the normal game.