[PTR] Pharah's Mobility Buff

General Discussion
In the wake of Sombra's addition to the game, we can't overlook another key buff.

Pharah
Hover Jets
  • Lift increased by 35%
  • This is a huge buff to Pharah's mobility, allowing her to not only move faster while in midair, but stay airborne for longer.

She's still very vulnerable to hitscan heroes, but by rapidly moving up and down, she can make herself a much harder target to track. She can more effectively use 3D space, able to lift herself quite far off the ground without needing to use her Jump Jets.

I like it. It's definitely a step in the right direction for Pharah. She is super-fragile, especially against enemies like McCree, so letting her move around more efficiently and be more nimble while midar are great changes.
    Thank god someone actually !@#$ing noticed. I was gonna make a thread saying the same but of course this will get drowned in the Sombra threads
    Didn't her mini knockbacks from LMB get nerfed? I feel like there's a net loss by that. I don't know how I feel about it. They're really irritating to play against though.
    Really...Thank God they finally listened. Thank you Blizzard.
    she can basically stay indefinitely in the air now

pretty cool change, wonder how it will play out
    11/07/2016 12:55 PMPosted by Tailand
    Didn't her mini knockbacks from LMB get nerfed? I feel like there's a net loss by that. I don't know how I feel about it. They're really irritating to play against though.

It might NOT be now since she can move faster. The whole point of the Knockback was to help against the enemy firing back at Pharah. But she flies faster so just maybe...

Then again maybe she needs both
    11/07/2016 01:00 PMPosted by daftspunk

Problem is you really shouldn't be sticking around in the air as Pharah anyways.

I'd have to get the feel of how fast she moves but I'm
    Curious how significant this truly is
    We still love you Pharah. It's just... Sombra.
    Okay, so the character that's a sitting duck in the air can now stay in the air longer?

I mean, lol? I guess its technically a buff, but have fun not dodging all that antiaircraft fire because she still has no lateral movement.
    11/07/2016 01:05 PMPosted by Greylight
    Okay, so the character that's a sitting duck in the air can now stay in the air longer?

I mean, lol? I guess its technically a buff, but have fun not dodging all that antiaircraft fire because she still has no lateral movement.

Technically she does but she not only needs a nearby surface but needs her concussion shot off cooldown...

I know though, you would want to be able to use her jets in the air to do a side movement.

Would've been cool to have that and it use extra fuel when used
    11/07/2016 01:03 PMPosted by ChibiMecha

Problem is you really shouldn't be sticking around in the air as Pharah anyways.

If she isnt countered then staying in the air would be super effective. A lot of people now play the reaper+mei comp so they dont really have a hitscan to deal with her.
    Well, Pharah is a counter to Sombra, isnt she?

Also, this would help Pharah flank stuff better, as well as getting away from low range heroes such as Tanks.
    This is real?! I HOPE this gets implemented into the game prior to season 3... heck, prior to season 2 ending would be a dream as a Pharah main.
    11/07/2016 01:13 PMPosted by daftspunk
    <span class="truncated">...</span>

If she isnt countered then staying in the air would be super effective. A lot of people now play the reaper+mei comp so they dont really have a hitscan to deal with her.

Well I wonder, with Soldiers new dmg buff I wonder if that would increase Solider use enough to where Pharah has issues.
    yeah i tried it for a few minutes in the practice range before i got kicked from the game--the dreaded "unexpected server error"-- and yeah it is a nice little buff. she gets max height so much faster. i don't play her but it felt pretty nice.

also maybe it's me but winston's jump pack feels kinda weird. like he's moving faster when he jumps. see i was playing quick play and munching on some sombras and it felt like winston was moving a bit faster during the jump.
    11/07/2016 01:18 PMPosted by Izanami
    yeah i tried it for a few minutes in the practice range before i got kicked from the game--the dreaded "unexpected server error"-- and yeah it is a nice little buff. she gets max height so much faster. i don't play her but it felt pretty nice.

also maybe it's me but winston's jump pack feels kinda weird. like he's moving faster when he jumps. see i was playing quick play and munching on some sombras and it felt like winston was moving a bit faster during the jump.

That seems odd but maybe it was just a Lucio you had on speed buff. Though that's probably not it since you may have already considered that.

Maybe it's unchanged it's just imagination. Should probably do it more though to be sure

i think this is a good change. i think the game needs more Z factor and more flyers in general....it also breaks up the 5 month meta we are stuck in now
    don't play Phara often, but am glad you guys are getting something. maybe justice will rain from above, rather than 5 feet off the ground now.
    Man, I was really hoping for some armor as well cause well, elephant in the room, she does have a full set of armor that does not give any armor... This is a good start though.
    Pharah will always be bad as long as hit scan is so strong. i love pharah, and I wish I could play her, but with McCree, Roadhog, any sniper, and even Anna potentially as a counter and her having nearly no survivabilty... she will be a niche choice only for a team that's willing to support her.