FPS drops from 40 to 20

Technical Support
Overwatch drops from my normal 40ish fps to 20fps every so often, especially after death when I'm watching the kill cam. After the kill cam, it usually recovers. But after a few deaths, it no longer recovers and I'm stuck at 10-20fps. I also freeze every so often for a few seconds during intense battles. Even though my screen's frozen, I can still move around, because I end up in a different spot when I recover.
Restarting the computer fixes the problem, but I drop to 20fps again permanently within the first game post-restart.

There was a thread suggesting I try this tracing software to identify the problem: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749679860?page=1#post-7

And here's my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jblhkrq0d4n48u2/2016-11-09_22-38-15_Charles.etl?dl=0

Thanks for any help!
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Overwatch? Closing all of your other background programs?
Tried resetting computer, the problem returned in a couple weeks. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Overwatch. Tried playing upon startup without opening any other programs. Tried reinstalling graphics driver. None of those worked.
Ok. That's all I got. Hopefully someone can decipher your logs and find out if something is bottlenecking your CPU.
Hello PolarPause!

I took a look at your trace. I can see Symantec waking up and taking some CPU cycles. Next time you have the extended frame drop, you might take a look and see if a scan or something else Symantec related is happening.

Past that, nothing stands out. Your CPU is very busy when running Overwatch, so any application / service you don't need would be a candidate for closing to get more CPU cycles.

Thanks!
Bruce
Thanks for the reply! I tried disabling Symantec. I'm still getting periodic FPS drops and the occasional freeze, but it recovers after 5 seconds. And I was able to get through about 3 games before the FPS drop became permanent, so that's an improvement. I checked my CPU performance in task manager while playing, and it stays at a constant 20-25% in-game. Do you think it's a problem with CPU allocation? Does my laptop somehow think Overwatch doesn't need that much CPU at times?
Hello PolarPause!

Could you post a DXDiag for me?

Thanks!
Bruce
i too am seeing big fps hit during kill cams and it started at the same time as the other random fps drops

i tried another fresh system reinstall but the same thing happens.
Thanks for following up Bruce. Here's my DxDiag:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jvs2ycmyxlhn04/dxdiag.txt?dl=0
Just wanted to update. I uninstalled Symantec and it was a bit better but not completely fixed. As of now, the situation has for some reason improved greatly. I still have a lot of FPS drops, but they recover more quickly and they haven't been permanent in over 10 games. Although these 10 games have been solo queue. Usually I play with a friend (Charybdis150, the guy above). I wonder if that rascal is the problem. -_- I've heard about people lagging when in a party.