Cheating in Korea

General Discussion
So there is a tournament in Korea right now. A lot of the pro players are there playing right now. A lot of them have been streaming, and it is ridiculous the amount of cheaters there are.

Its no wonder the Koreans are so good. The ones that dont cheat basically have to play better than cheaters. The unfortunate fact is that because of "PC Bangs", it is next to impossible to get rid of all these cheaters.

For those who dont know, a PC Bang is like a big room full of computers where you pay some money to play games. The thing is, these places offer a service where you can pay some money and they will give you a level 25 account to jump right into competitive.

If they ban the IP, the entire PC Bang loses business. If they ban the individual account, the cheater can just ask for a different one next time.

What can be done about this?
In these computer arcades they are allowed to just install any 3rd party software they want to cheat?
Well, if the PC Bang allows cheating, of course its IP (range) should get banned, what else..
11/14/2016 05:01 PMPosted by Frogger009
In these computer arcades they are allowed to just install any 3rd party software they want to cheat?

You'd think it would be regulated. I remember being to an internet-cafe in Scotland somewhere, and the place was small but seemed very regulated.
11/14/2016 05:01 PMPosted by XRed
Well, if the PC Bang allows cheating, of course its IP (range) should get banned, what else..

See and those are the details I dont know. Is it so easy to bring a flash drive and just boot some files, without the PC Bang knowing? Do you think there are Bangs that offer cheats as part of the service? Does the fact that they're just giving people instant access to level 25 accounts mean that banning the entire IP is justified?

I think so.
11/14/2016 05:03 PMPosted by Jkist
11/14/2016 05:01 PMPosted by XRed

See and those are the details I dont know. Is it so easy to bring a flash drive and just boot some files, without the PC Bang knowing? Do you think there are Bangs that offer cheats as part of the service? Does the fact that they're just giving people instant access to level 25 accounts mean that banning the entire IP is justified?

I think so.

How would people even play comp then? Do they know if the person who comes in is a seasoned player or brand new?
11/14/2016 05:02 PMPosted by RobotParty
11/14/2016 05:01 PMPosted by Frogger009

You'd think it would be regulated. I remember being to an internet-cafe in Scotland somewhere, and the place was small but seemed very regulated.

Korea's full of these internet-cafe/hotels. It's basically impossible to regulate them fully.
11/14/2016 05:04 PMPosted by Frogger009
11/14/2016 05:03 PMPosted by Jkist

I think so.

How would people even play comp then? Do they know if the person who comes in is a seasoned player or brand new?

I honestly dont think they care. They just know that it brings people in, I'm sure.
You must be referring to the OGN APEX Season 1 Tournament for a grand prize of $90,000. Yeah, I'm so sure that they have rampant cheaters. I mean, obviously, if you had a huge prize pool like they do, you wouldn't take any measures to counteract potential cheating. And if you were in a tournament with such high stakes, you definitely wouldn't be scrutinizing the plays of other teams to ensure that the game is being played fairly.

Also, Lunatic-Hai Hype!
11/14/2016 05:08 PMPosted by Alowynn
You must be referring to the OGN APEX Season 1 Tournament for a grand prize of $90,000. Yeah, I'm so sure that they have rampant cheaters. I mean, obviously, if you had a huge prize pool like they do, you wouldn't take any measures to counteract potential cheating. And if you were in a tournament with such high stakes, you definitely wouldn't be scrutinizing the plays of other teams to ensure that the game is being played fairly.

Also, Lunatic-Hai Hype!

You failed to capture the details. This isn't about those participating in the tournament. Its about the entire Korean server base.
11/14/2016 05:06 PMPosted by Galco
11/14/2016 05:02 PMPosted by RobotParty

Korea's full of these internet-cafe/hotels. It's basically impossible to regulate them fully.

Well, I mean regulated by the owner(s) of the cafe, unless there's like a huge company of internet cafes in Korea.
11/14/2016 05:10 PMPosted by Jkist
11/14/2016 05:08 PMPosted by Alowynn

Also, Lunatic-Hai Hype!

You failed to capture the details. This isn't about those participating in the tournament. Its about the entire Korean server base.

Why mention the tournament at all then?
11/14/2016 05:12 PMPosted by Alowynn
11/14/2016 05:10 PMPosted by Jkist

Why mention the tournament at all then?

Because thats the reason so many cheaters are being caught on stream. Because all the pros are streaming from Korea right now, and its rampant.
11/14/2016 04:59 PMPosted by Jkist
So there is a tournament in Korea right now. A lot of the pro players are there playing right now. A lot of them have been streaming, and it is ridiculous the amount of cheaters there are.

Its no wonder the Koreans are so good. The ones that dont cheat basically have to play better than cheaters. The unfortunate fact is that because of "PC Bangs", it is next to impossible to get rid of all these cheaters.

For those who dont know, a PC Bang is like a big room full of computers where you pay some money to play games. The thing is, these places offer a service where you can pay some money and they will give you a level 25 account to jump right into competitive.

If they ban the IP, the entire PC Bang loses business. If they ban the individual account, the cheater can just ask for a different one next time.

What can be done about this?

It does seem to be a big problem, maybe the biggest Overwatch currently faces.

Only solution I can think of is not to allow the PC Bangs to sell lvl 25 accounts, maybe unless they can prevent the cheating. If a particular bang has a lot of cheating, stop allowing sales of lvl 25 accounts until it's under control.

I'm sure Blizzard has some agreement with these places, but there must be some way for them to negotiate a solution.
Well, as to the problem with the internet cafes in Korea, I haven't ever seen any evidence that these places are getting away with allowing cheaters in their cafes. I have her anecdotal evidence, but that is not always the most reliable.

If there are in fact places allowing cheating, they should be banned, just like any other account. If it's bad for business, well, too bad, boo-hoo. The businesses that can keep these things under control will corner the market and make all the profits.
Ban Korea
All pc bang owned by Hyundai or Samsung.

Blizzard provides software with competitive-ready temp accounts for pc bangs.

Marketing!