We Need Another Tank for the Next Character

General Discussion
I'm a tank main, more specifically I'm a Reinhart main. While I am pretty well rounded and can play just about every character in this game well enough, I usually end up playing tanks. So choosing between all these different tanks, I noticed a problem with the selections.

Most viable comps require either Reinhart or Winston for actual protection. In other words, their shields. Some way to absorb the damage dealt by the other team and keep your squishy teammates alive. I became I Reinhart main because everyone always yells "we need a rein!" and I just stepped up to that.

As far as tank selection goes, there's little variation between different tanks in the meta. They all require Reinhart or (less admittedly) Winston in their comps. Meanwhile the other categories have many different options they can mix up to offer more varied play styles.

Most in the tank category are actually off-tanks, not true tanks. It just feels like the next character added to Overwatch should be a tank that can help fill that can be an actual true tank and offer more variety.
In all your time playing him, you'd think you could spell Reinhardt.
doomfist probably, he looks like a beefy guy
Need a tank/AOE healer hybrid to make QP more bearable.
11/24/2016 10:16 PMPosted by Panini

You never know, he could be a DPS, or a DPS Tank like Roadhog is. He's asking for another multi-protecter like Rein and Winston (and D Va to a lesser extent).
11/24/2016 10:29 PMPosted by Ravio
11/24/2016 10:16 PMPosted by Panini

You never know, he could be a DPS, or a DPS Tank like Roadhog is. He's asking for another multi-protecter like Rein and Winston (and D Va to a lesser extent).
doomfist punches people, most likely. So he could protect them, by bashing them away.
like Winston's ult.

Who knows?
As someone who often gets stuck playing tanks or supports, I feel your pain.

I hope the next hero they add will be a Tank or Healer...too few of those :(
Well we know the next hero won't be offense, just because we already have 7 offense heroes...likely the next hero will be Doomfist and he'll be a tank.

I hope..
They can add a tank like the one we see in the Sombra trailer in Volskaya industries. He block the reaper attack and can cause him a few problems to deal with it.
Okay at the end of the video the tank is completely busted BUT which tank, other than D.va, can deal with him in one on one? So why not
Doesn't help that Roadhog is more of a DPS than a tank. Winston and D.Va being disruption tanks, Zarya being a (very good) off-tank. Tbh literally only Rein is a pure tank. (Since he actually covers his team)
Make doomfist have an aura. Like +45 shields to everyone in 10m radious to them or whatever.
CalamityHand is coming out soon! I KNOW IT
Depending on team and map, D.va sometimes is a better pick over Reinhardt. Also depends on team comp, and enemy team comp.

Reinhardt is just the easiest to play, you can just stand there with shield up.
I hope Doomfist is a mobile Melee tank. That sounds fun.
Agreed need another main tank (not off-tank i.e. Zarya, Hog). Also another AOE main healer would be great too.
I've been through this in World of Warcraft since 2007 - adding more tank or healer heroes won't get more people to play them. It just gives more variety for the people already on them.

If there is something needed in the team composition that is missing - then add another tank or healer. Otherwise add somewhere where there is a gap.
I'd like to see a swarmer, like the old Diablo II necromancer. Maybe an Omnic who launches many mini bots that attack anyone nearby. It could be a counter to flankers (Tracer, Sombra, Genji, etc) while being countered by any hero with an AOE who can blast all the minis at once (Zarya, Junkrat, Pharah, etc).
11/24/2016 11:10 PMPosted by Nicodemex135
They can add a tank like the one we see in the Sombra trailer in Volskaya industries. He block the reaper attack and can cause him a few problems to deal with it.
Okay at the end of the video the tank is completely busted BUT which tank, other than D.va, can deal with him in one on one? So why not

The gun the tank has is what Zarya uses. She literally just ripped it off of one and lugs it around.
Yes please, another tank or healer that can protect himself. I play tank the most because in QP, people usually don't go tank, but if you want to win, you need one.
All my YES.
The tank selection definitely feels lacking in terms protecting the team. I feel we need a tank that has a shielding ability that the player can toggle off and on like Reinhardt's and Dva's than a shielding ability that's only useful for one sec with a costly cool down. Tbh, another defensive tank would be nice.