New Placement? Only two wins and 4421 SR? Please Blizzard.

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
Highly Rated
I have no words.

https://clips.twitch.tv/iddqdow/PreciousSardineFuzzyOtterOO

Why god? Is this a real life?

Ok, Blizzard, he's a pro player and he's a monster, but why do we need to play these placement matches if they don't work properly? What's the real purpose of this? I really wanna know.

Thanks
Highly Rated
Blizzard logic 4head
a bit overrated logic I presume
Highly Rated
I am about to do my placements and what i am seeing rn is scary people go 7-3 and place in bronze while some go 2-8 and place in GM like wtf is this.
I didnt get, so iddqd did 2/2/6 and got 4400sr really?

People doing 8/2 or 8/1/1 getting like 3500-3700sr?

of course he is a very good pro player but the discrepance (in this placement match) is TOO MUCH, doesnt make any sense at all.

If he had gotten like 3800 (and for 2 wins would be GOOD ENOUGH) he would go 4400 maybe one day or two, would be the same result without this absurd math
Highly Rated
!@#$ty system.
12/01/2016 02:54 AMPosted by Millirious
I am about to do my placements and what i am seeing rn is scary people go 7-3 and place in bronze while some go 2-8 and place in GM like wtf is this.

just wait for few days and let blizz settle this !@#$
are they basing the new season off the last season's mmr? would make sense for iddqd at least.
Maybe it's taking his prior SR into account?
12/01/2016 02:57 AMPosted by Teknolia

dont think so
12/01/2016 02:55 AMPosted by SirKnoW
I didnt get, so iddqd did 2/2/6 and got 4400sr really?

People doing 8/2 or 8/1/1 getting like 3500-3700sr?

of course he is a very good pro player but the discrepance (in this placement match) is TOO MUCH, doesnt make any sense at all.

If he had gotten like 3800 (and for 2 wins would be GOOD ENOUGH) he would go 4400 maybe one day or two, would be the same result without this absurd math

It might make sense if they were matched against opponents of much higher skill, but in reality, this is Blizzard being rubbish and taking the easy option.

What worries me, is that it seems they honestly have 100% confidence that their ranking system is working correctly, so they are sidestepping the placement matches and putting people in the same place they were last season, regardless of how they perform in the placement matches. A Grandmaster player could AFK his placement matches and just mess around, losing them all, and still end up with a high ranking based on last season etc.

It is very lazy on their part, that is NOT how a ladder should work. I would rather they just reset everyone and let us find our own natural place instead of predetermining where we should be based on the previous season. The previous season was not a shining example of how a ladder works, I met people in Gold who were far more skilled than some of the people I met who were in Diamond.
have 2 feelings, one is that they prioritizing "pro players" or it takes acknowledge about the past seasons
lol the same ppl that got 4300sr in s2, got 3900 winning 8,9,10 games in s3, so whats the logic in the prior sr for those people? only for a few selected people would apply this logic?
12/01/2016 02:57 AMPosted by Teknolia

Someone is in.
should take this prior sr logic to every player then
12/01/2016 02:54 AMPosted by Millirious
That 7-3 was a hanzo main who hard terrible performances if that's the one you're talking about
Maybe Blizz factored in some individual statistics, so if you lost a match but played very well on an individual level, your rating will be boosted more than before.
The system doesn't care how many wins you get in placement, it cares about individual performance. That's probably why.
Maybe thats good? It should be for indiviudal performance not for winning or losing. I wonder how my placements will end.

But i heard that some other grandmasters from s2 ende like 3500 after placements, how is that possible? Maybe they give it to pro players for free :D.
To quote someone from reddit:

"The rich gets richer, the poor gets poorer".