Ana > Mercy

General Discussion
12/05/2016 05:13 AMPosted by FrostByte
You'll get downvoted by Mercy mains who worship her.

I upvoted even tho im a mercy main
12/05/2016 05:13 AMPosted by FrostByte
You'll get downvoted by Mercy mains who worship her.

Eh, I'm an ex-Mercy main who still worships her. But Ana with her Young Amari Horus skin is complete bae, and much more involved and fun to play. Plus, in terms of maximum effectiveness Ana > Mercy is pretty much objective.

Still love using my girl on my smurf at gold/platinum.
hasn't this already been established?
Mercy's entire toolkit needs pulling up at the roots and having a serious look at.

A huge reason why Ana is so much better is that she actually has the potential to keep herself alive. Whether that's via a Sleep Dart and fleeing, tossing her grenade and making accurate shots or a mixture of all three. Mercy just relies far too much on her often moronic teammates to survive.
12/05/2016 07:14 AMPosted by Arbitrator
Mercy's entire toolkit needs pulling up at the roots and having a serious look at.

According to people in this thread.

You're just a salty Mercy player who want her to be op because... you're just wrong okay? Ana takes skill to play which makes everything okay.
12/05/2016 07:16 AMPosted by sunfize

You're just a salty Mercy player who want her to be op because... you're just wrong okay? Ana takes skill to play which makes everything okay.

Funnily enough I've main'ed Ana since she was put on the PTR. In large part because after being a Mercy/Reinhardt main it was incredibly refreshing to play a healer who is largely self-sufficient (Lucio is boring, Zenyatta was still the worst pick in the game).
Ana main here

Mercy gets way too much crap for what shes worth

I think shes still got a strong game even compared to Ana
well duh, specially when ana is beyond broken and blizzard rather do nothing

Higher skill ceiling should mean higher utility. Otherwise what's the point of even trying to get good as that character? The effort to get good with them wouldn't be worth it when there's an easier character with the same effectiveness.
At my level I pretty much always get most healing done in the match as Mercy. Ana has more utility and CC though so that's not an especially good measure of which is better. At the highest level of play I imagine Ana is better than Mercy but in the little pond that I inhabit, I'm a big fish! :)

At the end of the day, Mercy is a blast to play as and I do a good enough job to justify picking her.
Mercy is balls, Blizzard think 1 second for hp regen fixed her, lul.
12/05/2016 05:37 AMPosted by Yewthan
12/05/2016 05:17 AMPosted by Kei
Meta, skill, Top 500 rankings = Ana

which means, in only for the assumptions at hand, for the vast majority of players and games Mercy is better overall because if Ana misses the difference completely shifts to Mercy
12/05/2016 05:55 AMPosted by Yewthan
the grenade will not equal out the overall difference in healing and even competent Ana players will frequently miss, as mentioned Mercy is just as good and practically better in a lot of games
12/05/2016 06:05 AMPosted by Yewthan
yes and it has been explained, something is being "missed" and that is precisely the difference between the classes

It's like you think the only thing separating Ana and Mercy is healing. Let me give you a hint here: It's not.
#MAKEMERCYGREATAGAIN
12/05/2016 07:45 AMPosted by Key

Higher skill ceiling should mean higher utility. Otherwise what's the point of even trying to get good as that character? The effort to get good with them wouldn't be worth it when there's an easier character with the same effectiveness.

How come Genji, Widowmaker and Tracer aren't the best heroes in the game then? And why is Lucio's utility so easy to use, while the skillful Lucio plays, like his wall riding and 1v1 juking, mostly go ignored?

Ana is just power creep, nothing else. She's not hard to use in the team comps that made her meta, i.e any 3 tank combination. Going away from triple tank and more into dive comps, all of a sudden Zenyatta comes back and Ana goes away, because she's not ideal to use with that kind of comp. Mercy's problem is that she has no niche, since Ana took it.

In simpler terms, the way in which non-Lucio supports are used is the following: Zenyatta = Low health dive comps, Ana = High health stall comps, Mercy = nothing.
12/05/2016 05:38 AMPosted by Icefire
I like mercy a lot.

But Ana is fun. Play mercy is frustrating mostly.

I am convinced that Mercy heals others with the power of stress. Other healers are way more chill.